Chapter 15

Realization
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Surprise!!!! I'm still alive and breathing :D I am so sorry for abandoning this story for over a year. I just couldn't find the motivation to write and did not know how to continue it. I'm not sure if anyone even remembers this story anymore... But thank you to everyone who still left comments and messages, telling me that they're still waiting for an update. If not for those encouraging messages, I probably would not have continued this story. That's why I feel even more sorry to say that even though you all have waited so long, this will be the second to last chapter for Realization :( I will get to writing the last chapter soon, I promise! But yeah, I'm having a lot of trouble writing and don't know how to continue it anymore, so I have no choice but to end it abruptly and without much context. I apologize for my word vomit and hope that you all will enjoy reading Realization to the last chapter!

************************************************************************************

Irene was wrong. So wrong to have thought that having two brats in her house wasn’t going to be much different from having one. If Sooyoung was Satan, then Yeri was Satan’s spawn.

After the initial shock of having Yeri confess to her, Sooyoung slapped the girl square in the head and told her to dream on. It didn’t take long for Sooyoung to take the younger girl under her wings and the events after that lead to what Irene calls her life’s biggest regret and headache. Her experiences could be described as 3 days in hell.

Day One – she got up after her alarm went off, feeling extra groggy and tired. After showering and getting dressed for the day, she went to open her curtains and questioned why no sunlight came through. Her clock indicated 8:26 AM but the sky was telling her otherwise. Double-checking, Irene searched for her phone which flashed 5:26 AM when she pressed the home button. Then, realization hit her that the noises she heard by her bedside last night wasn’t a dream afterall.

Day Two – she just got home from school and went to the fridge for a snack. Hearing snickering from the couch, Irene poked her head out from the fridge and glared at the two devil-in-disguise with suspicion. Sooyoung looks unfazed as she eats her chips, not sparing Irene a glance. Yeri was sitting next to her, more obvious that she was hiding something from the way she immediately sat upright when Irene looked at her. Although suspicious, Irene had no proof that they did anything so she just took out her yogurt from the fridge and ignored them. As soon as the substance hit her taste buds, she recoiled and rushed to the sink to spit out what she thought was yogurt. She could hear annoying laughter erupt from the living room even over the sound of running water.

“STUPIDDD,” Yeri bellowed while holding her stomach. “You were right unnie, that dummy doesn’t check things before she eats them.”

Day Three – she woke up feeling happier than ever. Why? Because it was Saturday, meaning Seulgi was finally going to take that little turd home today. Nothing was going to spoil her mood today and she was extra careful to not fall for any more of their pranks. It was late afternoon and Irene was lazing on the couch, watching TV and waiting for Seulgi to come and pick up Yeri. With the TV as background noise and a breeze blowing in from the balcony, her eyes felt heavier by the minute.

Irene didn’t know when she fell asleep, but she stirred awake because her nose felt itchy. She was more awake than ever when she felt something cold and moist against her nose when she tried to scratch it. Irene screamed when she realized the two devils had put whip cream on her hand and she just smeared that whip cream all over her nose.

“SEULGI!!!!” she yelled into her phone, “GET YOUR HERE RIGHT NOW!!”

***

Seulgi was greeted by a fuming Irene when she got to the latter’s apartment. The older girl was sitting on her sofa, arms crossed, nose still covered in whip cream. She gasped and reached for the napkin on the kitchen counter before heading to Irene.

“You said it was okay to leave Yeri here for a few days thoughh,” Seulgi whined, hoping to calm Irene down a little. “I’m sorry Hyunie, I’ll treat you up to dinner or something to make up for this.”

Irene let out a sigh and closed her eyes, taking the napkin from Seulgi’s hand and wiping her nose herself. “I didn’t think it was going to be that bad,” she pouted.

Even in such situation, Seulgi couldn’t help but smile at how cute Irene looked. Before she realized it, she reached for Irene’s cheek and pulled on it, making the other raise an eyebrow at her. “Sorry, you’re just too cute,” she confessed.

“Tss that’s beside the point right now,” Irene said, but the blush on her face said otherwise. “I’m sorry Seul but I might lose my sanity if Yeri stays here any longer.”

“I understand, I’ll lift that burden for you now. Where is the brat anyway?”

“She escaped to the convenient store with Sooyoung after I yelled at them.”

“Ah okay, I’ll have to wait for her to come back then.”

Irene was about to close her eyes again when she heard Seulgi’s voice. “So, have you made a dec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter