Chapter 1

Realization
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey Seul, I think there’s a stain on your shirt.”

Tilting her head downward to look at the said stain, Seulgi was met with a slim finger brushing up her face. Her eye-roll went unnoticed and her groan was drowned out by the culprit’s erupting laughter.

“Hahaha how could you fall for something like that? What are you, five?”

“I don’t want to hear that from someone who pulled such a prank on me. What are you, three?”

“I thought you would learn by now! Seulgi: 0, Irene: ... I lost count 5 years ago.”

Sometimes, Seulgi’s surprised her eyes are still intact, considering how many times she’s rolled them during the duration of her friendship with Irene.

“If only you could say the same when it comes to chemistry,” Seulgi counters.

“Hey! That’s low! Don’t bring up my Achilles heel!” Irene protests, pointing a finger accusingly at Seulgi.

“Yeah yeah yeah, now can you please hurry up and finish your burger so we can move on to the next store?”

The duo had been roaming the mall for the past hour, trying to find a dress for Seulgi’s recital, and Seulgi’s really doubting whether it was a good idea to ask Irene to come with her in the first place.

‘You look like you’re going to a funeral’, ‘What are you, a walking sunflower?’, ‘Seul, I hate to break it to you but… I think that dress is meant for my grandma,’ and other comments of the sort were thrown left and right as Seulgi walks out of the dressing room. As much as she appreciates the older girl’s honesty, it has not been of help whatsoever. Picking up the last dress to try on, Seulgi swore to rip out Irene’s mouth if she chide another one of her stark remarks.

That’s why Seulgi doesn’t know if she should feel relief or scared by Irene’s silence. Ever since she stepped out of dressing room, Irene hasn’t said a thing and only stared at her. After a good minute or so, Seulgi saw Irene’s lips twitch but no words came out. Only a fisted hand was held out, with a thumb pointing upward. Seulgi’s mouth reflected that of Irene’s as they stretch into a smile.

“Seul, I’d totally bang you right here and now if it wasn’t illegal.”

Aaaand Seulgi’s smile faded as soon as it appeared. Of course it was too good to think that Irene would compli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter