Chapter 14

Realization
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi all~ First and foremost, I would like to apologize for being on hiatus for so long without prior notice. I had major writer's block and was consumed by schoolwork and familial matters so I couldn't write for the longest time. Although I wasn't too satisfied with this chapter, I didn't want to make you guys wait any longer so here it is. I hope you guys enjoy and also, don't forget to leave feedbacks and comments so that I have more ideas for the story!

************************************************************************************

“Unnie, get your off the bed. Don’t you have class today?”

“No! I don’t want to go outside. Not until those two leave!” Irene muffled under her blanket.

It’s been a week since Seulgi and Wendy had decided to wait in front of her door every day to walk to school together. It wouldn’t be such a bad thing if it wasn’t for the two girl’s constant passive comments to each other and pulling at Irene’s arms to be closer to them. They’re basically latched onto either side of Irene and it felt as if she’s being dragged to school every day, rather than walking together.

“Who told you to be wishy washy instead of ending this and choosing one of them already?” Sooyoung rolled her eyes. The statement made Irene pop her head out from her blanket and glare at her younger sister.

“You think it’s that easy? If I choose one then I’ll hurt the other one.”

“Well your indecisiveness is hurting them regardless.”

“Sooyoung ah, I’m already going to a lecture in an hour, I don’t need to hear one now,” Irene said before heading towards the bathroom.

“Well my bad for trying to help you!” Sooyoung yelled before leaving the room.

Inside the bathroom, Irene stood motionlessly in front of the mirror before letting a sigh escape her. Not like she doesn’t know that Sooyoung’s right, but it’s easier said than done. It would be easier to make a choice if she knows what her heart wants. One moment, Seungwan would be making her heart skip a beat, the next moment, Seulgi would be making her heart melt. Irene only has one heart, and it can’t take all of this. She splashes her face with water, hoping to wash away all her indecisiveness.

***

When she opened the door and saw only one person standing there, it felt different.

“Good morning, Irene!”

“Morning, Wanie,” Irene greeted back. She hadn’t realized it, but she was looking around, expecting a yawning bear to come join them any minute now.

“Let’s go now?” Wendy interrupted.

“Huh? What? Shouldn’t we wait for Seulgi?”

“She was here just now, but she left for school after getting a call from someone,” Wendy said, her mood dropping slightly because of Irene’s question. Irene was expecting Seulgi afterall.

“Oh, I see. Never mind then, let’s go. Stupid bear didn’t even wait to tell me before she left,” Irene murmured the last part to herself.

 Irene and Wendy were walking to school while laughing and talking. This is so much better than constantly being pulled left and right every day, Irene thought. But even then, she felt a weird sense of emptiness when she looks to her right and Seulgi wasn’t there.

“So have you thought about what you want to do after graduation?” Wendy asked.

“Uhm I’m not too sure yet. I have the slightest urge to go back to Daegu and teach at the local elementary school there. Or maybe I’ll stick around and find a job here instead.”

“Awh I can just imagine you being an elementary teacher, so adorable,” Wendy cooed.

“Right? I’d be the cutest and most popular teacher there,” Irene said while cupping her own cheeks.

“Though I still can’t get used to your self-praise and obnoxiousness.”

“Are you too comfortable around me now? Or are you usually just this mean?” Irene pouted.

“A little bit of both?” Wendy teased.

“Heeeey, that’s not nice.” It was supposed to come out as a whine, but seeing Wendy laughing made Irene laugh too.

Just as they were in front of the school, Irene sees Seulgi’s backside, standing near the pole. She was getting ready to run over and yell at the girl for leaving this morning when she sees a pair of arms encircling Seulgi’s waist. Seulgi was so tall that Irene couldn’t see that there was a shorter girl standing in front of her. The sight made Irene knit her eyebrows together. Before she could try to avoid them, Wendy was already tugging at her arm and pulling her towards Seulgi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter