Chapter 8

Days without you, Can I survive it?

You opened the front door to your house, your first day didn't go so bad. You walked into the living and sat down on your cream sofa. You picked up a purple throw pillow and hugged it. "Don't do that" Your mum said as she yanked the pillow off you "I just puffed it up." You moaned and kicked your leg up in the air. "Whats wrong?" She asked. You crawled closer to where she was sitting and hugged her arm "I saw Woo-Bin today" You said. She sighed and pulled an annoyed face. Something tells you she was holding something back and didn't wanted to tell you. You looked at her with a confused looked and shook her arm "Tell me please" You begged. She shook her head "Mum please, Im 19." You said "I can take it." She took your arm off her and laid it on your lap. "You need to forget him." She said as she looked straight into your eyes. You was in shock to what she had to say, she was right. That why everyone been treating you differently. You left to go to your room, you immediately flopped on to your bed and hugged your covers. Tears was rolling down your face.  How could you be this stupid all this time Hyori. You laid there staring at the ceiling with glow in the dark stars. What your mum said kept replaying in your mind. He left for America 2 years ago, his mum decided that he will do best studying aboard since he got expelled. You was in denial for such long time. Then you started playing things in your head. That he never left. The number you have on your phone under Woo-bin is not in service. Everyone was happy when you told them that you and Woo-Bin broke up. Because it mean you was finally moving on. You cried your self to sleep when he left but the next morning you act like nothing happened. That's why the pictures in the photo album stopped at 2014. Everything was coming together now,  Thats why he never showed up to any friends outing you have. Why people give you weird look when you're with 'him'. But this time you weren't in denial. You knew this was all true but you played it off like nothing. But today was differen't, you actually felt that he was here. Though he did looked differen't and sound differen't, maybe he did come back from America?

You [Sent 6:43pm]: This is random, but has Woo-Bin come back from America?
Sumi [Sent 6:45pm]: Wait? You knew he was in America?
You [Sent 6:46pm]: I do now.. My mum decided to tell me again.
Sumi [Sent 6:48pm]: He came back 2 weeks ago. Im happy that you're moving on.
You [Sent 6:49]: I think I saw him, the real him. 

You wanted an early night so you put your phone on charge and flipped through the photo album. If he did return? How am I going to get over him now. You closed your eyes and laid there. Soon you fell asleep to the thought of him.


Today was warm but your still decided to wear your coat, You waited for the bus to arrive and tucked your hand in your pocket. You felt a piece of paper at the tip of your fingertip. You pulled it out and it revealed a phone number. Woo-bin's phone number. Should I text him? You took out your phone and punched the number. You let out a huge sigh and sent 'Hey' to him. You tucked your phone back in your pocket and got on the bus. The bus journey was nice, there was a slight breeze coming in from the crack of the window, which made your hair bounce a little. You brushed your finger through it as you got off the bus to your school. A black car pulled up by you and the window opened "Hyori!" A voice called out and you turned to see who it was. He smiled at you and told you wait for him. You went over to the brick fencing and sat down waiting for him to return. "Hey thanks for waiting" he said "I got your text but I can't text and drive."
"Are you real?" You blurted out "Or am I seeing things"
"Im real"
"How can I know that" 
"Trust me, I'm real" He smiled "Sumi told me everything, I don't know how to exactly prove it to you but I'm real." You looked around to see that nobody was giving you weird look or pointing at you. "Hows that scar?" He asked reaching to your forehead, you leant back not letting his hand touch you. He chuckled and put his hand down. He nodded to the direction of the school "Lets go" He held his hand out motioning you to hold it, but you declined and got up. "She's different" He muttered. The both of you walked toward the enterance of the school, "Woo-Bin!!" Someone called out "Come over here"
"You want to come?" he asked. You shooked your head "Let's have lunch together then." He waved and walked off to his friends. You walked up the stair to your classroom to see Jong-suk standing outside. You waved and smiled, then walked toward him. "Hey" he said and smiled "You're in a good mood." 
"Am I?" you laughed. As Jong-suk was about to say something, Mr.Jang opened the door and tell us to start coming in. You sat down at your seat. "You wanted to say something?" you asked and looked at him
"Don't worry about it" he smiled. 

"Okay Class!" Mr.J shouted "Remember if you want to come on the trip you have to arrive at 9:05am and the coach leaves at 9:20am. Be there or be square." The bell rang and every left. "I can't have lunch with you today sorry, I've got to go home to do something." He told you and gave your a slight hug.
"It fine" You smiled and put your back pack on. He left before you did in a rush. You only had one lesson today, so you made your way out of school. As you exited you saw Woo-Bin leaning on the wall in the corner of your eyes. He did a little wave and walked toward you. "What do you want to eat?" He asked "Oh wait, I want to take you somewhere instead." He grabbed on your wrist and dragged you toward his car. He opened the door and motioned you to get in. You looked at him for a couple of second and got in the car. He pulled the seatbelt over you, just like he did when he first got his car. When you guys go for short drive around the block and you will hold on for dear life. "Don't worry my driving got better" He laughed as he got in his side of the car. You chuckled and smiled. "So how you been?" He asked
"I've been good" you smiled "How was America?"
"America was fun, studying aboard made me lots of new friends"
"So you got to start new."
"Yeah kinda"
"That's nice, You found a new girl then?"
"No, how about you? A boy?"
"Not exactly"
"You never left my mind.." Slience then filled the car. He chuckled. "I wanted to text you so badly" He sighed "But I weren't allowed" You sat there trying to make it as less awkward you can. "C-ca-can we try again?" he asked.