Chapter 4

Days without you, Can I survive it?

"Ah" You sighed as you jumped on to your bed "Im so tired.". The windows was open which gave a slight breeze into your room, you get up to close the window. The view outside was nice. The sun was still out and the weather isn't so cold. You usually hate summer, you're more a winter person. But you didn't really care about the season as long as the landscape is beautiful. You quickly got out your camera and snapped a couple of pictures. Ah, I'm kinda hungry. You quickly ran downstairs, you overheard your mum talking on the phone as you was walking to the kitchen. "When is her next appointment?" Your mum asked on the phone "Well she seems to be fine these days." You walked into the kitchen to get a cup of water and walked into the living room. "Hi mum" you said and sat down. "Hyori, cancel your plan for Thursday." Your mum said "We're going to see Dr.Jang." You never understood why you went to see her. "When can I stop seeing that therapist?"
"Why?" Mum replied " Do you not like her? We can find someone new."
"No, I just dont need to see one. I dont understand why I need to see a therapist." Your mum sighed. She didn't say anything back, she was slient. "There's a running competition soon?" You brought up "Can I participate in it?" She nodded and got up to prepare dinner. You checked your phone again in hope for a text from Woo-Bin, but there was no notification at all. I wonder does he even misses me. Should I text him? You took out a photo album with you and him in it, For some reason the picture stops at the beginning of 2014. The last picture in there was you and him  at your last running competition, a couple week before your accident. You didn't like talking about your accident, it weren't a big deal. But everyone treated you differently after that day. You hated it. Your friends started acting weird around you and you had to start seeing your therapist from then on. It used to be once a week but now it went down to once a month. You the tv and watched Super Daddy Yeol. 
"Hyori!" Your mother shouted "Dinner" You got up and rushed to the kitchen. Dinner lasted long as you and your mum was talking about her day at her new workplace. You was happy that your mother is comfortable where she is working and that the boss was not rude like her last one. You helped to do the dishes and went upstair into your room. You took a shower and changed into your comfy pj. You put your phone on charge and looked through more photos.

 

It was Thursday, which mean therapist day. You dreaded to go to this day. 2 hours of boredom. You got dressed and met your mum downstair for some breakfast. "Can I please skip this session?" You asked. Your mum shooked her head and no matter how much you wanted to convince her. She was never flexible with your therapist sessions. Your mum dragged you to the car and droved you to the therapist place. You checked in and waited for them to call you in. There was bunch of magazine but it was old copies, you remembered seeing most of them 2 months ago. Your head dropped as the clock ticked closer to your appointment time, you wondered what she will ask you today. It's pointless, I don't understand why I need to visit Dr.Jang. I'm perfectly fine. "Miss.Park" The receptionist called "Dr.Jang is ready for you in Room 6." You got up and walked down the corridor, You remembered when your mum always dragged you down these corridor. How the first 3 sessions you will always come out crying, but you always forget why after a couple of days. How you always wanted Woo-Bin to go with you but he refuses to join. He's always there for you but he was never here for these session. "I will wait for you in the car okay." You mum said and kissed you on the cheeks. You knocked on the door and waitied to be called in. "Come in" you heard. You walked in and forced a smile. You sat down on the comfy chair. "Hyori, how are you?" Dr.Jang asked.
"Im good" You replied. She asked you alot of questions, but one of them catched your mind. "How's your boyfriend, Woo-Bin" She asked.
"We broke up recently" You replied. Dr.Jang smiled, which made you really angry. "Do you think it's funny?"
"I don't" She said looking up at me "It's a good thing though."
"How?!" You shouted. You got your bag "Forget this." You exited through the door and slammed it behind you. Aish that b!tch, who does she thinks she is. Thinking that my break up is a good thing. Im going crazy. You got into the car. "Lets go" You said and put your seatbelt on. "What happened this time." Your mum said under her breath. You brushed your fringe up which revealed the scar, that scar. The scar that started your therapist sessions. Nothing changed, you didn't understand why you had to go. It's not fair, that you had to go all through this. Rumour was spread that you was abused, that now you had to go therapy to get rid of the bad memory. The rumour stopped because school finished but it because you didn't even have a reason why you went therapy in the first place. There was nothing you could do but to go with it. Rumour has it that the reason your father is not here anymore is because he got arrested for abuse. No matter how much you tell them that he left without a reason, nobody believed you. This was all because of that scar. Because of that scar your final year in college was hell. People became childish because of that scar. Even Woo-bin got expelled from school because rumour also had it that he abused you with your father. You hated it all. You hate that scar. That scar that drove most of your friends away. That scar that made you self-conscious. That scar that made you want to end it all. That little scar that done so much. Not even hiding it could get rid of the pain your held inside. You let out a loud scream that scared your mother, the car door opened and you ran. You ran so fast to Woo-bin house, you wanted to see him. Him only. The car wasn't in the drive way. The door was locked and nobody was in the living room. You wanted to wait but your mum pulled up to the house. "Hyori please get in the car" Your mum begged. You fell to the ground. You only wanted him, when he is here everything is better. The scar isn't here when he is around. The scar seem to disappear when he is here. But now there's a new hole, in your heart. Where he laid, where he was all the time. But he is no longer there. He left you. Now you need someone to make that hole disappear like he did with the scar. You fell to the ground. "Park Hyori" You cried " You stupid girl." Tears start streaming down your face. You had enough, all this happened because of that day.