Chapter 9

The Flower We Saw Last Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NINE

“STRANGE”

When I look at you, I feel strange. What is this?

{ no one p.o.v }

 

The sound of floor shifting echoed through the whole basketball court whenever Sulli made a move against it. She threw the ball inside the basket and it perfectly goes in, Sulli smiled in satisfication. She was dripping in sweat in the early morning of her precious weekend, just for the sake of the tournament that will be held in a few more weeks.

One more time, she thought and she stood up immediately. She was about to get the ball to throw it once more when a pair of manly arms pick it up first. Sulli followed her gaze to where it stop, and it irritated her the moment she saw the person who took the ball from her.

Oh Sehun; the person she least expect to come here in the early morning.

“What are you doing here?” he asked, pinning the ball on his waist.

“Can't you see what am I doing?” She rolled her eyes and stretched her hand out to him, “Give me the ball back.”

Sehun stared on the ball on his hand and lifted it up, “I won't give it back to you.” he said with a hint of haughty smirk curved on his lip.

“Yah!” Sulli yell as she stomped her foot on the floor, “Just give me the ing ball, you poker face bastard!”

Sehun sigh as he threw the ball back to her. Honestly he wanted to challenge a duel with her but it is not good since she's starting to get mad at him. Things won't even work out like that. I'll end up dead right after. Just the thought of it made him shudder.

“When will you going to stop calling me with that nickname?” Sehun unintentionally followed her as Sulli made her way to the court. Sulli glare at him for a fleeting moment before heaving softly.

“When I feel like it.” She said as she throw the ball inside the basket. It perfectly went in. “Yes!” She yell in excitement and quickly realized she is not alone when she heard Sehun is snorting a laughter at the other side. She clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes at him when she picked the ball which rolling on the floor. “That's not even worth laughter.” She said as she look straightly at him and made Sehun stop laughing. She went back to the centre of the court as Sehun is watching her.

Crap. Why am I so nervous suddenly? She bit her bottom lip, clenching on the hard material in her hands, No! That's not it. It's not because he was watching! It's probably because I'm hungry. Yeah, I'm hungry! She took a deep breath, and once she bounced the ball on the floor and aiming to shoot into the basket again, she suddenly tripped, causing her to fall down on the floor.

“Ouch!” she yelped, ah ! It hurts!

“Sulli!” Sehun jogged towards her and helps her get up, “Are you okay?”

Sulli didn't say anything as she thought he's being annoying again. She tried to move by herself but when the pain strikes, she tumbled down again on Sehun's arm.

“Hey! Stop moving so much!” Sehun yell at her, in which Sulli still found it annoying.

“Why are you ordering me around?! It's just a little—”

“What nonsense are you talking about?! I'm not ordering you around! Your ankle was sprained! What do you think you're doing by moving so much! You're just hurting yourself!”

Sulli was taken aback by his words and was lost for words to be poured back on him. She let herself being carried by Sehun as he guided her steps to the nearest bench. 

“Ah, seriously! Hurting yourself before the competition is the worst.” Sehun mumbled as he put her down on the bench. “I should have teach you how to play basketball the right way.” he laughed at his own words as Sulli remain silent, nothing but staring blankly into space. Sehun bite his bottom lip when he saw her behaving like that and he got up immediately. “I'll be right back.” he left her sitting on the bench. The sound of Sehun's footsteps faded into air and after a while he left the court.

Sulli blinked for a few times and she looks down on her foot. She tried to move it a little but the pain is still there.

“Ouch...” She bite her lip to get rid of the pain. Ah, why did I messed up? Above all, in front of that guy...

She stared into space again, questioning herself why did she messed up there. Was it because someone is watching? But all the time Soojung was watching her practicing, she ended up well. Was it because Sehun was watching her back there that made her nervous? And why does she have to be nervous, out of all, at the guy she hate so much? 

She gripped tightly on her shirt. My heartbeat has been beating faster ever since he arrived. She questioned herself again, what is it happening to me?

As she was questioning herself, suddenly she felt a cold sensation on her cheeks, causing her to jumped in surprise. Sehun who just arrived laughing at her reaction. Sulli rolled her eyes at him and groaned softly.

“That surprised me.” She said as Sehun took the seat next to her.

Sehun smiled as he continue to laugh, “I didn't know you can make that kind of face.” 

Sulli turned to him, arching one of her eyebrows, “What kind of face did I make?”

Sehun rested one arm on his chin as he rise one finger on his lip, “It's a secret.” and he smiled again.

THUMP.

Wait, what was that noise?! Sulli turned her head from him, and clenching tightly on her shirt again. Did my heart just skip a beat?

Sehun peek a little on her but he retreat back and decided to nurse her ankle instead. He crouched down to her leg level and lifting her right leg. Sulli shrieked in agony when he touched her ankle, thought it was softly. Sehun was looking up her and chuckled at her reaction. 

She's a bit cute when she's scared. Sehun wouldn't shrugged it away because it's the truth. She is really like a child.

“Hey, it hurts...” She said when Sehun begin to put a nice wrapped of ice cubes on her ankle.

“Of course it is.” He reply as he pressing the ice wrap softly on her swollen ankle,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter