Chapter 5

The Flower We Saw Last Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FIVE

“Daisy”

you told me that daisies bloomed the prettiest in spring, but you were more beautiful in my eyes.

 

{ sulli pov }

 

I'm here again today. Stucked with these filthy sweatbags inside this gymnasium for the whole day, again! I never thought high school basketball club was this intense in terms of training. We had to practice in the early morning (and I've been skipping breakfast for three days in a row now because I woke up late. !), at lunch time (my most precious time in school!), and after school session end. It was like one of a hell basketball club where it won't let me out to nowhere but the gymnasium! Gah! This is all that poker face bastard's fault! 

“Break for ten minutes!” the manager blew her whistle after a 30 minutes non-stop practice play since I arrived here. Good thing I was a reserved player and I didn't had to practice like hell just like the other main players did. I sat on the bench near where the other seniors were sitting, and when they realized my existance they called me out.

“You're pretty late than usual, huh?” one of the senior asked. I thought he was called Chanyeol, or Channie...or so I guess.“Did you woke up late?” he added another silly question and burst to laughter. I didn't recall anything funny happen between me and him. What a stupid guy.

I didn't answer his question and chose to ignore him. He was doing the same as me when the manager came to him for a talk. I guess he already forgot what his questions was and I couldn't care less about it.

“Oi, you're late!” 

I looked up from where the voice came from and feeling irritated when I saw Sehun standing a few feet from me, sweats flowing down on his face. Aish, his voice made me wanted to vomit the bulgogi I had last night. I rolled my eyes at him and pursed my lip, avoiding our eyes from making any contact. He called me again for the second time, but I refuse to look at him.

“Oi, I'm talking to you!” He rised his deep voice higher, but I didn't even budge a little to look at him. I clench my fist in anger, the furiousity inside of me will burst anytime now. I didn't want to waste any of our time so I stood up from the bench, stomping my foot away from him when suddenly I felt a pair of hand clenching tightly on my arm.

“! That hurts!” I turned around, shaking his hand off from me and staring intensely at him, “What do you want from me?!”

He was staring back at me without saying any words. His chest moving up and down, looking like he had finished a hundred kilometres run. His eyes were dark and I swear it was scary to look at him right now. Out of reflect, I avoid his eye contact again.

“Was it because of yesterday?” He start talking to me, but I didn't answer him nor looking at his eyes. “I'm asking you, Choi Sulli.” My mouth won't respond to his words, I'm just too mad at him to talk about yesterday. 

I heard him sighing loudly and he walked away from me, grabbing one bottle of mineral water from the provided box before he came back to me with a mouthful of water. He gulped it down in instant before he grab my wrist, and brought my ears up to his face as he whispered, “Come with me.”

{ soojung pov }

 

It was the third period already but Sulli haven't arrived yet. She said she have an early practice today but, it should be done by before the first period I thought? I glanced up at the clock and sigh softly. Now, where could she have been? Sulli never had the nerve to skip a class even how she hate school so much. As I fell into a deep thought, the teacher came in.

“I won't be teaching today since I have a council meeting after this.” The teacher's announcement made the whole class mood changed.

“So it's a self-study?”

“Unfortunately, yes. I'll be going now.”

As the teacher walked out from the classroom, everyone scattered to everywhere and the class began to get noisy. I looked up at the clock again and thought, should I look for Sulli? I bite my lip, fell into deep thought again. It's not like I don't want to look for her, but I'm afraid I will get lost in this building. I don't even remember the path to the gymnasium (I only been there with Sulli because she remember the path so well) and to be honest, I only know the path to my classroom, the shoe locker, the cafeteria, the library and the teacher's room.

“Soojung-ah! Did Sulli have an MC today?” Daeun suddenly jumped next to me where Sulli seat should be and asked with curiosity never leave her eyes.

I blinked my eyes for a second before answering her, “I don't know...”

She gasped loudly, tapping my desk right after as she move her face closer, “What?! I thought you two were neighbor?”

“Yes, but...” how should I answer her? “...she had an early practice in basketball club today, so she goes to school earlier than me.” I hope she understand my words. I don't want Daeun to have a thought that Sulli and I are in a bad term.

She blinked her eyes several times, before she respond with an “Ohhhhh...” she pause for a while before continuing her words, “Oh yeah, I heard the prince propose to you yesterday. Congratulations!”

I stared at her with my mouth gap open, somewhat speechless for a while. Ah, I remember now. Everyone were witnessing the event, there is no doubt Daeun saw it too at that time. I felt my cheeks are burning for a second, but realizing Daeun was with me, I quickly shook it off.

“I...I didn't respond to him yet.” I hung my head low, saying with a soft tone voice when suddenly Daeun my shoulder and shaking my body furiously.

“What the hell Soojung?! Why did you waste such an opportunity like that?!” I couldn't bat my eyelashes right after I met her furious eyes. Her nails were digging inside my cloth and she was panting heavily, and her expression were different than before. Could it be, Daeun like Jongin too?

“Daeun...”

Daeun bite her lip, clenching on my shoulder tightly before releasing it with a heavy heave. She brought her hand up to her forehead before pushing back her blonde bangs, “As I thought, it was obvious.” she said with a chuckle. Her hair beautifully went back its place, a few strands were covering her eyes, “I like Jongin.”

It's just like I was strucked by a lightning. My chest hurted after I heard that from her own mouth. It's not a thought inside my mind anymore, Daeun really like Jongin in real life. I was overwhelmed by guilt all of the sudden and I didn't know how to respond to her confession. What should I do? If I date Jongin, then I will be taking their prince from them...what should I do?

“Daeun-ah, I didn't know—”

“Nah, I don't mind.” She said as she smiled calmly at me, “Besides, Jongin already know that I like him but I was rejected before I even confessed, sadly.”

I can see through her eyes, it was pain and sadness inside. Is this how it feels to love someone who doesn't return the feelings back? I've never been her shoes, and I never fall in love with someone. Was it wrong of me if I choose to date Jongin after I knew all of this?

“But Soojung, you shouldn't have your pity on me. I chose to forget him now and forever.” She tap my shoulder, reassuring me that everything is okay with her. 

“Daeun...”

She smile up to her eyes, patting my shoulder lightly, “He chose you. We didn't have any choice but to respect his decision since everyone admired him.” suddenly her expression change with a frown, “But you should be careful with the third years. They were known best for their Jongin fan club and this event is happening, I'm sure they're searching for you, Soojung. But don't worry, Jongin will protect you!”

I was a little bit relief from Daeun's words. It's the past tense, and she chose to forget Jongin. I'm sure it was hurt to talk to someone who you like in love with. I'm sorry Daeun.

“Oh yeah, shouldn't you be searching for Sulli? The third period should end in thirty minutes.” Daeun stared at the clock on the wall and I just realized. God! I almost forgot about Sulli! I stood up immediately and ready to leave. But before that, I turned around and bow to Daeun, much to her shock.

“Thank you, Daeun!” I said it out loud, but only loud enough for her to hear me before I ran out from the classroom.

“Hm, Jongin...you really chose the right person.” Daeun smirked.

When I walked out from the classroom, I stumbled upon Jongin who was running along the hallway with a pale face. It looks like he was searching (or being chase) for something. He saw me coming to his way and before I could reach him, he already took me into his arms.

“Where are you going?” he asked while panting heavily. “Shouldn't you be in class right now?”

I was wordless for a moment before the reality hit me back,“I was searching for Sulli...”

His eyes goes round for a second and sighing heavily as he put his large hands on my shoulder, “So she went missing too...”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter