Chapter 4

The Flower We Saw Last Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FOUR

“Bride”

The sound of your voice; I saw the light.

Jongin proposed to Soojung in front of everyone!

What will Soojung's reaction be?

{ soojung's pov }

 

“Em, Soojung? You're in charge in picking up the Math homework today.” 

I stared up from the book I was reading to the male student in front of me. Oh, it's the guy who confessed to me last year. Math homework? Oh, Ms. Hanseul did mentioned my name yesterday if I'm not wrong. Huh, I guess I should go. Just where did Sulli have gone to? She disappeared again.

“Err, Soojung?”

I snapped out from my thought and realized I haven't take the books from his hand. I stood up and taking all the books immediately into my hand. “Thank you. I'll go now.” The male student nodded nervously as I walked out from the classroom. Strange, I had some weird thought of someone has been looking at me since morning. Thinking about it sent shiver down my spine. Could it be...a stalker?

“No! No!” I shook my head hardly, “There's no way a person would stalk me.” sighing, I further my steps to the teacher's room, when suddenly a familiar voice calling my name made me stop my tracks immediately.

“Jung Soojung!”

Turning around, I was shocked to found the person who was calling my name is Jongin. I stood still where I was, and Jongin stop from running as he was panting hard when he stop. Did he...was he chasing after me? Why? 

My chest tightens when he shot his head up, staring at me with a serious face. He bend his body straight, facing me with his chest pumping up and down. My pulse quickens, and I clutched on my vest. Oh no, what is he going to do? Everyone are watching us right now. 

I'm...I'm scared.

I shut my eyes close, afraid of the aftermath, when suddenly I heard the words that even the world couldn't describe it.

“Please be my bride!”

Huh?! Opening my eyes slowly, I saw Jongin was bowing to me with his eyes on his feet. My chest tightens again, what the hell did he just said to me?! The books on my hand fell onto the floor, my knees are becoming weaker. I didn't heard it wrong right?

“Oi, Jongin! The heck are you saying dude?!”

I saw Sehun is running towards him, pinning him to the wall as he his collar. Jongin didn't open his eyes at all, instead, he keep shutting it. His face was all red and sweaty. “Let me go, Sehun.”

“What the did you just did?! You're going to—”

“I'll explain it later.”

When he hovered his head, our eyes met in unusual way. I clutched on my blazer tightly, my heart is racing faster when I saw he's making his way towards me.

No, please. Go away.

“Soojung...”

No.

I took a step back a few, please, go away Jongin!

“Soojung, wait!”

My legs, I can't feel them anymore. My head is getting heavier and my heart is beating at it's limit. The voices, the whispers. It's getting louder. The eyes, the stares, the glares, it's...it's...it's too much! 

“Heeh, did Jongin just proposed to the ice princess?”

“Seriously what does the prince saw through her? She's sickly plain.”

“What the hell is wrong with the prince?”

Stop it! Don't involve Jongin in this! Stop it!

My head is getting heavier, and before I could run, the world upon me turned into pitch black.

{ nobody's pov }

 

“It's just a normal anemia passed out. She'll be fine.” 

Jongin snapped out from his thought and thanked the doctor teacher as she take her leave. The door shut silently as Jongin heave a sigh. He stared down at Soojung's unconcious body lying on the bed. Closing his eyes as he massaged his temples, he sighed once again.

“How can it turns out like this...” He whisper to himself, “It's a bad idea to rush things out, right?” He sat at the edge of the bed, staring down at Soojung whilst smiling, “How foolish. Serve me right.” He chuckled silently.

The sound of door sliding echoed and Jongin stood up immediately from the bed. It turns out to be Sulli coming in, rushing in and pushing Jongin from her way. Jongin stared at Sulli checking all Soojung's pulse and forehead before she turned to him whilst blowing rasphberry.

“Stupid,” Sulli shake her head, holding her forehead with her palm, “ Why Soojung out of all the girls in this damn school...” she speak in a low voice, averting her eyes from him.

Jongin fell silent, head hanging low. In a low tone voice, he apologize, “I'm sorry...”

Crossing her arms, Sulli glare at the figure in front of her. She hovered her eyes towards Soojung on the bed, before staring back at Jongin again. She don't know how many times she should be sighing at time like this. I've lost my words, damn it, she thought.

“You know,” Sulli began to talk, taking a sit next to the patient's bed, “Soojung is bad at handling boys. By bad I meant, she really bad at it.” Her eyes were cool when she turn her head to look at Soojung, “The only men in her life was her father and grandfather. She doesn't have a male sibling, only an older sister. In elementary school, lots of boys called her cute and stuffs. She hate being called like that, however, she can't avoid them since the school was co-ed. But don't get me wrong, Soojung didn't hate boys. She just hate for being called cute or pretty. Because she assumed herself as normal as the other girls, not more than that.”

Jongin was listening carefully at Sulli's words. Not a single interruption was made. 

“We went to an all-girls school on our middle school year. It's pretty far away, but Soojung insist to enroll there. I was dragged too because Soojung can't manage to socialize with everyone thought all the students are girls.” Sulli laughed as she recall all their middle school memories. “Then, when her father decided to enroll her in a co-ed high school, Soojung become insecure again. As the best friend, I try to protect her at any cost.” she paused, turning her head to look at Jongin, “And this thing happen, thanks to a certain someone.”

Jongin bite his lip at her soft sarcastic words, “I'm sorry.” he apologized again.

Sulli sighed and waved her hand, “No, no need to apologize. It already happen.”

Silence fell between them. Only the ticking of the clock could be heard. Sulli close her eyes, taking the oppurtunity to sleep actually. Jongin played with his fingers, anxious. 

So, Soojung is bad with boys, he thought, I should have known. 

“Sulli,” 

“What?” 

He was surprised that she could hear him even thought she was sleeping (and snored too). Jongin cleared his throat and ask, “How long have you known Soojung?”

Sulli open one of her eyes, and closing it again. “Ten years, I think.” She leaned against the steel chair, “We've been next to each other since we were kids.”

That's pretty longer than I thought, he thought inside.

“Ah, before I forget,” Sulli bend her body forward, resting her both arms on her tight as she look straight to Jongin, “ why did you propose to Soojung?” she puckered her lip, “You're bolder than the others. You even asked her to marry you.”

Jongin startled at the surprise question. He clutched on his trousers, digging his nails into the material. He gulped down his saliva in anxiety, losing his words toward the boyish female student infront of him. He bite his lip, enough to make it bleed a little. He hung his head low, not risking himself to gaze upon her eyes.

Just before Jongin could came up with an answer, suddenly the door slide open loudly, revealing Sehun with his usual poker face (but a bit serious this time) entering the scene.

“Sehun...” Jongin was surprised to see Sehun is still at school when the school is over fifteen minutes ago, “Was the basketball club—”

“How long have you been there?” Sulli cut him off, eyes on Sehun.

“Ten minutes ago,” Sehun answered with a straight face, not even a smile or smirk ghost on his lip.

“Did you heard everything?”

The infirmary pregnant with silence. Jongin was in between Sehun and Sulli, who are sending each other cold glares. Sehun didn't even bother to answer her following question and sit next to Jongin as he leaned against the chair with both his hands tucked inside his pant's pocket. Jongin gulped down his saliva. This is the first time he had saw such event in front of his eyes.

Sehun never get a cold glare from girls. Never. This is the first time he had seen one. And it was Sulli out of all people.

“Save your answer for that question later,” Sehun whisper, pointing out the point where Sulli has asked him earlier, “You probably don't want her to get any bad ideas, right?”

Jongin is silent, but slowly nodding his. Sehun sighed softly, a hint of smile could be seen from his lip.

“Oh, good morning Soojung.” Hearing that Sulli is greeting Soojung as if she had woken up from a night sleep, Jongin shot his head up and stood up immediately from the chair.

Soojung is awake.

{ soojung's pov }

 

I have a dream, most likely a reality, but I'm sure it's a dream. Because it's too realistic to be reality. It has to be a dream. The prince of Gwangju High School Kim Jongin, has proposed to me. In a very weird, weird way I can thought of. Jongin, he's proposing to me. All of the sudden, why? I don't get it.

That's why, it has to be a weird

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter