Chapter 10

The Flower We Saw Last Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TEN

“FIRST DATE”

Let's go somewhere where we can be together forever

{ soojung p.o.v }

 

Going out with a boy on my weekend holiday had never been on my wishlist. But ever since Jongin become my first boyfriend, I really wanted to try what everyone say... The all-women's fantasy. This morning I woke up with a high expectation of our first date and Sooyeon unnie help with my hair do and chose this sky blue sundress I had never worn.

My heart beat has been beating loudly ever since I reached here. Am I anxious? Nervous? Perhaps yeah. It is indeed my first time doing all of this alone without Sulli by my side. I clenched on the hem of my sundress and slowly breathing in and out. I can do this! I turned around to see my reflection on the glass window behind me. I hope Jongin will like this, I thought as I smiled to myself when suddenly another reflection of someone was staring at me with an amused smile.

The mini-heart attack feeling when I turned around facing ‘The Kim Jongin wearing casual clothes’ made me jump a little. Oh my God, was he always this good looking?

He came forward to me as I remain stiff. I don't know why but I was so stiff right now.

“Sorry, I'm late. How long did you wait?”

Come on, Jung Soojung! Say something!

“Ah, it's okay! I was twenty minutes early actually...” I lied. I actually came an hour early.

“Well, let's go! I'll bring you to somewhere nice and fun today!” his smile shone brighter than the sunlight until I didn't realized I was staring at him.

{ no one p.o.v }

 

Soojung stared at Jongin for the longest time, until he let out a somewhat uncomfortable cough that made she realized she has been staring at him. So much until her face become red.

“Er, sorry for showing up late.” Jongin apologized again. Soojung shake her head while looking at her feet on the ground, gripping on the her bag strap tightly.

“Soojung-ah,” concerned Jongin as he looked at Soojung who won't take her eyes off from the ground.“It's okay to look up. You don't have to be emberrassed.” he said as to soothe her down.

Slowly, the girl lifted her head up. And like a thunder strike her down, Jongin's face make she look on the ground again. “It's my first time going out with a boy. I...  I don't know how to act...what to do...” she mumbled loud enough for Jongin to hear and he bursted out to laughter.

He brought his hand up to her head and crouching a little to her level until their eyes met in sudden. Soojung flinced a little at the sudden attack from Jongin and she closed her eyes.

Damn it... She's cute. Jongin bit his lip and grip tightly on his fist.

“Just relax, okay? I will lead on our date today.” he pat her head softly and Soojung nodded. She's still looking on the ground.

Jongin straighten his posture, “Yosh! Let's get going, shall we?” he grabbed her hand, much to Soojung shock. She cannot say anything at that time and tried to endure her emberrassement as they walked. 

“Where do you want to go today?” Jongin asked as they slowed their pace while looking around the town, “The weather is nice today, how about we go get some ice cream?” he looked down on Soojung next to him, who was staring at something across the road. Jongin realized she had been so quiet and he followed her gaze—she was staring at the couple hugging each other.

Now, I'm the one who is emberrassed. Jongin thought as he feel his face was getting hotter. He stared at Soojung again but her eyes did not leave the couple.

“What are you staring at?” Jongin asked though he know the reason, “Is there something bothering you?”

Soojung finally averted her eyes from the couple and shake her head, “I just had a thought that couple must be very happy when they are hugging like that.” she smiled, “I wish I can be like that someday.”

Her words made him more emberrassed and happy at the same time, and he tighten his grip on her. Soojung stared up at him and Jongin pat her head, “I promise I will make you happy.”

Her heart skip a beat right after he said those words. Soojung looked away quickly and nodded, “Y-yeah, thank you Jongin.”

Jongin sigh, thinking how innocent she was. Jung Soojung is like a glass, once it falls, it break into pieces. She was so fragile, Jongin is afraid. Afraid of if he take one wrong step, it will lead to her destruction. Just the thought of that had remind himself that how selfish he was. He wanted Soojung all for himself. He really wanted to make her his bride, to prove to his parents that he can find himself his own partner. He was really selfish, he hate himself for that.

Soojung realized Jongin was squeezing her hand tightly and she pull his sleeve. 

“What's wrong?” She blinked in confusion.

Jongin snapped out of his own thought, pinching his own temple as he look back at Soojung and respond her with a reassuring smile. “It's nothing. You don't have to worry.”

{ Jongin p.o.v }

 

Ah, this is bad.

Why am I feeling guilty all of the sudden? It's not that I commit a crime, didn't I? I really love Soojung, and it's not just for the reason to find a future bride, I really wanted to make her my bride. I haven't discuss this thing with her yet. No, it's not the right time yet. I'll introduce her to my parents when the time comes. No matter what, if they objected it, I will marry her.

“Jongin-ah, let's go inside!” I snapped out from my thought (again!) when she pull my sleeve again and pointed at the bookshop in front of us.“There's a new released book from my favorite author on sale.” Seeing her beautiful smile soothe me down again. Huh, as expected of Jung Soojung; you always made me feel at ease when we're together. 

I nodded, “Let's go! I wanted to look at the comic section.” I heard her soft laughter ringing on my ear and we walked inside while holding hand.

After an hour in the bookstore, we finally walked out from there. She was happy getting her favorite author new book and I had never saw her smiling brightly like that.

“I'm glad you're happy.” I whisper to her ear and she flinched. I blinked for a while and realized she was red as tomato. Wow, what a reaction. Did she get red because I was... Whispering?

“Y-yeah,” she looked away, tucking her strands of curly hair at the back of her ear. “W-where do you want to go next?” she asked but didn't look at me.

Hm, she's emberrassed I see.

Time to more.

I crouched down on her level, on her ear I whisper, “Just follow me.” and blow a little and she flinched again.

Ah, today's date gonna be so fun!

{ no one p.o.v }

 

Sulli dropped the last ball into the storage before she closed the door, followed with a sigh. She's feeling extra uneasy today, especially when Sehun come suddenly and interrupted her morning practice.

And that included her injured ankle and probably she will stop practicing for a few days.

And that basketball kiss. The least expected thing she couldn't care less, but actually bothering her for hours already.

She is not that type of girl who got hyped and emberrassed on that kind of thing. And Sehun was a guy that hoping for a miracle to happen between them after that kiss. 

She never care about it anyway. He is just so childish in her eyes.

“Are you going somewhere after this?” She bumped with him after she walked out from the storage room. 

“I'm going home.” she noncholantly said as she walked pass him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter