Chapter 2

The Flower We Saw Last Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWO

“Prince”

What is it called when two people shared the same feeling? It's love.

the prince that won over Soojung's heart is?

{soojung's pov}

 

“Ah, don't you think P.E is kinda boring? I rather sleep in class than burning my skin under the sun.” Sulli said with that sleepy tone again and yawned. She brought her both arms above her head and walking with her eyes closed.

I giggled,“Aren't you very athletic, Sulli? You used to like sports.”

Sulli put one hand on her chin, thinking, “I—”

“Kyaaa! The prince is so sparkling!”

“Did you saw how he dunk the ball? So amazing!”

“Oh my God! He's smiling! My eyes burned!”

Sulli and I turned our attention at the group of girls squelling over the boys of 2-B playing basketball on the court. Well, they just merely squelling over the prince, not the other boys. We stopped our tracks when Sulli clicked her tongue all of the sudden.

“Tch, these girls don't have anything better to do than this.” She swung her sweat towel over her shoulder, hands on her hip. “What so great about those boys? I can do better in basketball.”

When Sulli said that out loud, I'm sure the girls heard her loud and clear. Well, I'm positive because they were staring back at us with an intense glare plastered on their faces.

“Say what, ?” One of them, with a straight bangs and black long hair said, her arms crossed. “You're a damn girl and you said you're better than the boys? Look who's talking here.” she ends with a sarcastic laughter.

Sulli, instead of being in rage, she smirked and chuckled, “I'll prove it to you.” with that, she threw her sweat towel over at me and went towards the basketball court. I try to conclude what was happening, but when I realized, the whistle was blown and the game started.

I watched the game intensely. Sulli is, indeed, amazing. The way she catch the ball and every dunk was amazing. I knew it, she never leave sport even thought we went to an all-girls school where she never attend the sports club. I brought my head ontop of my knee, still keeping my eyes at Sulli. I wish I was her. 

“Yo.”

I turned over at the voice approaching me. Ah, it's Jongin! 

“Watching your friend?”

I nodded, and turned my head down from looking up at him. Ah, it's the prince. He was talking with me. He's fans are behind me. I can heard them calling his name and going all 'kyaa kyaa' over him. I shut my eyes close, please go away, I thought to myself. My heart, it's aching again. And I don't know what is this called. It's racing faster and faster, oh God. Please, just go away.

I open my eyes, hoping he would disappear, I turned my head over to the right; he was there. Sitting next to me while gulping down his mineral water.

THUMP

My heartbeat. Why? Why was it aching again?

“Hey, you're staring.” 

I startled at his sudden comment and turned my head away. Oh my God, was I really staring at him? Geez, so emberrassing! I shut myself with Sulli's sweat towel to hide myself when I heard him laughing. I want to hide myself!

“S-sorry.” I bite my lip, hugging my knees closer.

I heard his laughter again. The squeaky sound of shoes echoing through the court as our silence began to fall. My heart is still racing faster; thump, thump, thump, it won't stop. Even how tight I close my eyes, even how tight I close my ears, I still can hear everything. The two of us, sitting together, next to each other.

THUMP

“She's amazing, right? That girl.”

My heart jumped. I shot my head up to look at him. His eyes were fixed upon the basketball game. There's something in his eyes I couldn't explain, but my chest began to hurt again.

“I can't believe she beat me.” he laughed, “That girl is something.” our eyes met at the end of his sentences, he give me warm smile that makes my heart jumped up and down. “I can't believe she is a friend of someone as quiet as you.”

He gave me that teethy, wide grin that I never saw before. He was sparkling, just like what the other girls had said before. It's a warm feeling, seeing his smile like that.

“Yeah, I can't believe myself too.” I blushed, my face is hot.

“Wow, you talked? I thought I heard rumors you won't talk to boys.” Jongin peered closer to my face and I jumped out of surprise. He blinked a few times before cracking to laughter again. “Ah, the rumors are just rumors right? Of course you talk!” he continue to laugh after that until his eyes gone missing.

I puffed my cheek a few times, before sitting back in my position. Did I just let my guard down easily in front of him? Ah, come back to your sense Soojung! He's everyone prince, I need to be really careful. I heard the girls in this school are scary when it comes to this. Thinking it like this makes me shiver in horror.

We stay silent as our eyes locked on the basketball court. Jongin was cheering on his fellow friends who were still in their positions. I was doing nothing but watching silently at Sulli again. Up until now, she have scored half in the game. Wow, really.

As the whistle blew, the game has finally stop. All the players scattered everywhere and all the girls started squelling again. Jongin stood up from the floor to catch up with his friends at the other side. Ah, he was the boy from yesterday. I was busy looking at Jongin's interaction with his friends, not even realizing Sulli has arrived.

“Hey, what are you looking at?”

“Huh?” I was startled at her sudden voice approaching, and I stood up immediately. “S-sulli! You were amazing!” I praised her, at least, trying to distract her from question who I was looking.

She gave me a wide grin and swung her one arm over my shoulder, “I did, right?” She turned around, looking around for the group of girls who challenged her before, “Ah, those es are gone for good. Phew.” 

“Sulli!”

We both turned towards the male voice calling out her name. Sulli tilted her head on the male student, probably a senior, who was panting up and down in front of us.

“Phew! I thought I wouldn't catch up to you.” he said, still panting so hard but manage to give a wide smile. 

Sulli and I exchanged glances, before we turned to look at him again. “Uh, should we go or...?”

“Ah, wait!” He stood straight up, taking a deep breath before exhaling it, “I have a special request from a person to have you in our team, are you in?”

It took a few minutes for Sulli to digest his words before she jumped off with a “EHHHHHH?!”

“Special request?” I repeated his words again.

The male student nodded. “Your skills are undoubtly amazing! Having you in our team will probably increase the chance to the international tournament!”

Sulli blinked, then she turned to look at me, before turning over at him again, “But I—”

I grabbed at Sulli's jumpsuit and shook my head. I know she would turn his offer down when she looked at me earlier. I don't want this. I want her to continue this. I don't want her once in a life oppurtunity to leave like that just because of me.

“But Soojung—!”

I shook my head again, “Please, Sulli. You still can hang out with me at class and lunch. It's rude to turn down his offer.”

Sulli bite her lip, as if doubting my request. She look at the male student in front of her and sighed heavily, “O-okay, if Soojung said okay then, I'm in the club.”

Ah, I'm glad.

“But, who's that freaking bastard wanted me in this club anyway? I'm going to beat him to pulp!”

Both me and the male student fell silent. The bell rang, signaling the P.E lesson has ended.

“What?! The basketball captain wanted you in their club?!” Daeun chocked on her rice when she heard this from Sulli. I quickly gave her water and she gulped down in instant. “I freaking adore you, Sulli! Those boys in basketball club are the hot topics in school!”

Sulli showed her disgust face at Daeun and she pouted. I giggled at her childish behavior. 

“I hate boys, especially those who were covered in sweats.” Sulli claimed as she sipped on her juice box, “If it's not because of Soojung, I wouldn't be entering the club.”

Daeun blinked in confusion before she turned over at me, “Eh? What did you do, Soojung?”

I scratched my head,“I don't know either.” I said as I eat a piece of seaweed, “I just merely saying she still can hang out with me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter