Chapter 6

The Flower We Saw Last Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIX

“CLASS REPRESENTIVE”

This heart inside of me; was it beating for you?

{ soojung's p.o.v }

 

“It's raining...” I whisper to myself as I looked up at the pitch dark sky. No wonder the breeze was cold tonight. Well, I better go back inside before I catch a cold. I back off from the window and slide it close, closing the pink dotted curtain as well. The teru-teru bozu I made swinging back and forth when the curtain met. I made my way to the study desk right after, finishing the Literature homework from today's class.

Literature. It made me thought of my first interaction with Jongin. Our very first interaction, that lead to what happen today. Just the thought of it made me blushed in emberrassment...AH! What am I blushing for? Geez, Jung Soojung! Get a hold of yourself!

“Hm, he did asked me to date him...” I started talking to myself, “but, does he really like me?” The pencil that had been the tool for me to write has stopped, and I started to fall in a deep thought about what had happen recently.

I wonder why he wanted me so bad to be his...bride? No, that's not it. I wonder why did he said he wanted me to be his bride. And all the sudden closeness, was it on purpose or does he really like me? Why is he pushing me so bad to date him? 

Then the question hits me; do I like Jongin? 

“Ah, geez!” I gave up. I guess I'm putting a really high hope with Jongin. There's no way he like me for real. He must be desperate to find a girlfriend so the girls will stop chasing him.

Yep. Definitely it was like that.

Ah, thinking all of this made me sleepy. I close the Literature book I was working on and turned the lamp switch off as I head to my bed.

{ jongin's p.o.v }

 

I stared at Soojung at the corner of the class. Sitting there alone with her bangs almost covering half of her face and eyes fiercely staring back at the book she was reading. She must really like books out of all things, huh? I wonder what is her favorite food? And who is her favorite author among the books she have read. Perhaps, if our favorites are mutual, I should ask her out. Like, I should really ask her out.

I wonder why she didn't respond to my confession. Has she doubt my feelings towards her? It could be possible but...am I the one to blamed here? Huh, I should have know. Confessing in public is...really a bad idea. I don't know why did I done that in the first place. Of course Soojung is still quite shock about it. I understand that.

But she made me feel anxious through all this waiting for her reply.

What if she reject me?

What if she hates me?

Ah!! It's driving me crazy!! I'm making a fool of myself all the time if she's really going to reject me. 

I heaved hardly while resting my head on the desk when Sehun turned his head to look at me. He gave an amused chuckled and a glimpse of smirk could be seen at the corner of his lips.

Tch. He is mocking me alright.

“That's a long sigh, dude.” He rest his chin on his palm, “What's wrong?”

I rolled my eyes at him, “And you're asking me 'what's wrong' when you know the reason is kind of pissing me off.”

“Whoa, the prince is mad.” he laughed, “My apology, your highness. Is there anything I can do to help you?” he smiled mockingly at me again and ended up by getting embarrassed. “Just talking like royalties make me wanted to puke.” He mumbled softly but I can hear him from my distance.

I chose to ignore Sehun's moment of embarrassing and turn my head to look back at Soojung.

Two days ago when Sehun and Sulli went missing mysteriously (it turned out both of them were locked inside the old locker room), the two of us went to the ramyun shop after school. It's the second time I've been alone together with her and I was quite nervous that time. We were sitting next to each other while enjoying the tasty ramyun in town.

When suddenly her phone started ringing in the middle she was slurping the ramyun.

“Hello?”

Her voice were soft and gentle in her own way that made me swayed for a moment when she shot a look at me and I snapped back to reality.

“Jongin...I'm sorry but I have to go back.”

“Eh? Why so sudden...”

She shut her eyes tightly and bowed, “My father is worried at me since it's already past 5 p.m. I should have been home an hour ago.”

Oh, damn. I just ruined my relationship with my future father in-law.

“Oh, okay then. I should take you—”

“No! No! It's fine! I can take the bus from here.”

And that's how our so-called date ended up by her father phone call. I was planning to confess again that day, but her father is an important person to her so I don't mind. I can confess to her anytime I want.

Huh, enough of the pitiful flashbacks. I need some fresh air to breathe. Slowly, I stood up from my desk and walked out from the classroom. Everyone is staring back at me, even Soojung, before I close the door behind me. When I walked down the hallway, everyone is still staring and keep their eyes on me like I was some sort of foreigner.

“Oh my, it's the prince!”

“He's so cool!”

“So elegant and luxury!”

It's okay. I used to heard all of that but none of them actually know about me. I'm not a prince. But they called me that. I don't know why. But they did. 

I didn't know where I was heading until my feet dragged me up to the basketball court before I realized it. Huh, why here out all of the place. I took one of the ball and throw it on the floor as it bounce up and down. My hands started to fired up when the ball bounce back on forth from the floor to my hand and when I realized, I scored a goal.

“Hah..that escalated so quick.” I whisper, panting hardly as I threw my body down, lying on the cold wood floor. “Why can't love be easy as dunking the ball...”

I want to run far away from here. I want to take Soojung with me so that I can have her for me only.

If only I can do that.

 

“Back so soon?”

Sehun naughty smirk didn't buy me anything. I sat back on my chair and rest my back against the chair with a long soft sigh, ignoring the question Sehun asked earlier.

It just on time when our homeroom teacher Ms.Hani came in. Good grief, I thought I missed the homeroom!

“We're going to have a class representive election today!” Ms.Hani, as cheerful as always when she announced the new semester representive for 2-B class. “Anyone who wanted to be the class rep can rise you hand!”

The class were silent. No hands were rised and nobody is looking back at Ms.Hani.

“Eh? So no one is interested?” I saw a playful leer at the corner of her red lip when she scanned the whole class, “As I thought of the second years...you guys are really stubborn eh?” she said as she flipped open the file on her hand. The sound of papers flipping made me somewhat nervous.

Ms. Hani scanned the class once again, “If no one is going to rise their hands, I'm going to pick randomly—” she sung and giggled (somewhat like an evil laughter). Her eyes were fixed on the file in her hand and her finger were starting to targetting the names on the list.

“Let's see...hm, ah! So he is here!” 

I thought my heart has jumped out from the ribcage when Ms.Hani turned to look at my way. Her wide grin creep me out and for some reason, I have a bad feeling about this...

“Kim jongin, you'll be the class representive!”

As I thought. Huh, not again...

I can hear almost everyone sighing in relief when my name was elected. So they have been hoping me to get selected to aren't they? These people...if only I can object this thing...

“And the class vice rep will be—”

SHE'S NOT DONE YET?!

“Ah, who is this Jung Soojung?”

Once again, I thought my heart jumped out of the ribcage when I heard Soojung's name was mentioned. Everyone started to turned their attention to her and she slowly standing up with her face almost covered with her hair. Oh wait, she tied it up with ponytail right after.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter