Chapter 8

The Flower We Saw Last Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EIGHT

“BOYFRIEND”

The way our fingers interwined together; I wanted it to last forever

{ soojung p.o.v }

 

I wonder how and when did it started, this feelings. I thought that I was in cloud nine as I couldn't describe how I feel.

I don't get along with boys ever since in elementary school and I go to an all girl middle school to avoid from the creature called boys. Mostly my friends in middle school had their own boyfriend in the neighboring all boy middle school next to us. Some of them dated the teacher secretly, though it was illegal. 

And I was there, listening to their stories about their boyfriend while I, myself, didn't have one nor I wanted one.

“Doesn't your life without boyfriend, Soojung?” I still remember what the girls said when they acknowledge me as a ‘boyfriend-less girl’. I kinda offended by the question, but Sulli quickly backing me up with, “Soojung doesn't need a boyfriend like those filthy boys out there.” and then she would look at me with a reassuring smile.

Even thought that I always avoid boys from coming to me, there'll be a one or two will come and ask me to be their partner. And every time they confessed, I turned it down immediately. 

They called me the flower on top of the mountain; something that cannot be reach but can be seen from far. Some called me a cold girl. But this is who I am. The reason why...I don't understand what it means to be dating someone. Was it just two people in love with each other holding hands? Or it was more than that?

I don't know how to date, nor I know how to fall in love. 

“Ne~ ne~ Soojung-ah, we're going to a group blind date. Are you coming with us?” I will always turned their offer down. A grouping blind date is so irrational and for me, it looks like it was forcing someone to date after meeting the mysterious guys on the blind date.

That was then, but now the episode of my loveless life comes to an end when I starting to know the school prince Kim Jongin. He is the first boy I ever laid my eyes on and I never thought I would go so far as now. Who would thought the boyfriend-less girl Jung Soojung is now dating?

I am surprised at myself who never how to love, is now in love.

Huh! My heart is still racing so fast from that hug before! 

“I promise...” Kyaaaaaa! That was emberassing! I never thought dating is something so emberassing like this? What is more to come up after this? Ahhh I cannot imagine it myself!

“Soojung?”

I snapped out of my thought when I heard my mother's voice and I didn't even realized that I had step inside the house. What have love done to me... I stood up from crouching on the door and yelled “I'm home!” as I took of my shoes. 

My mother came from the kitchen and greeted, “Welcome home! How's the school festival?”

Her question took me by surprise and I almost lost of words of reply to her. I looked up at her eyes and smiled, “It was fun.” Yeah, everything was fun until I realized I'm already dating Jongin. I shouldn't have tell her. I stroded to the stais up to my room immediately and threw myself on the bed when I heard knocks on the door.

“Soojungieee are you home?” It was unnie...huh. For once I thought it was mother.

“Just come in...”

The door creaked a little when Sooyeon unnie opening it and she close the door slowly. I stared her face as she was making a really suspicious and mischievous at the same time and her lip curled up into a tiny haughty smile. She crawled on the bed next to me and the next thing she said really made me wanted to hide behind a flower pot.

“Soojung-ah, since when you were friends with boys?”

Damn it! Don't tell me she saw it!

“Err...”

“Don't play dumb with me, idiot! I saw a boy was sending you off in front of our house just now!” She leaning closer to my face as I strode back a little, “Who is he?”

I gulped down my saliva as her twin orbs were staring at me intensely. Should I tell unnie about Jongin?

“Is he your boyfriend?” Her eyes were stabbing my gaze as I was lost of words.

I let out a soft sigh,“Is boyfriend the right thing to view him as?”

She raised an eyebrow,“What do you mean?”

I took a deep breath before heaving softly, “Can you come to my room after dinner? I don't think I'm all prepared to answer right now.”

Damn it. I'm just nervous when unnie ask me that question. But as I was thinking, is boyfriend is the right word to call him? Ah, sure we shared mutual feelings but we haven't gone a date yet. I should call him my boyfriend if we had gone on a date.

 

As soon as I finished taking a bath, suddenly the cellphone I put on top of the study desk ringing. It's probably Sulli texting me. I chose to ignore it for a minute until I felt a little anxious about the sudden ringing, and I decided to take a look. Maybe there's something important she wanted to tell me. I take the phone and rest my bottom on the bed. As I unlocked the phone, a message from an unknown number popped out on the screen.

I open the message out of curiousity and as I did so, I almost letting out the loudest dolphin shriek I ever done.

The moment when I saw his contact ID, I knew that it was him.

It was Jongin! How did he get my number?! My hands which were holding the cellphone is trembling and my heartbeat had gone faster than its normal beating. I can feel that my palm is sweating. What should I reply to him??

FROM: 010-xxx xxx (ID:kkamjonginie)

Sub: (no subject)

What are you doing?

WHAT SHOULD I REPLY OH MY GOD THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! It's my first time texting with a boy; no, more like a boy text me is the first time in my life! Huh, I should relax. Why am I getting so pumped up with just a message? Just chill, Soojung. Reply it normally. 

I took a deep breath and starting to type the reply for him. My hands were shaking so much I often make mistakes with the spelling. Ah, DAMN IT! When did texting starting to get so hard?! Wait, should I put emoji too? No, he'll find me annoying if I put too many emojis. But if I didn't do that he'll think I hate him. Should I ask him how did he get my number? Ah, that'll probably annoy him too.

AH WHATEVER!

As I finish typing the message, I pressed the send button and throw myself on the bed. This is so emberassing!

TO: 010-xxx xxx (ID:kkamjonginie)

Sub: (^O^) hi~

I'm having dinner with my family after this. (*^_^)

Btw,how did you get my number? 

{Jongin p.o.v}

 

“Ah, she replied!” I quickly throw myself onto my bed as I scroll to see her reply on my cellphone. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter