Chapter Two

Hold Me Tight

The sobbing continued, quietly in the kitchen. Jin was holding on to the younger male, deep in thought. The past year had been hectic and difficult, for them but also for the fans. The fans still had no idea what was going on and, although he wanted to leave a message, he wanted everyone to be ready for that, and not him alone. This was something they had to do together. Right now, they needed everyone's support.

As he was deep in thought, he felt a probing finger. He snapped from his thoughts to find Taehyung poking him. A small smile formed on the younger one's lips, making Jin giggle a bit. "You feeling a bit better?"

Taehyung nodded as he wiped the tears from his face with his hands and got up. Jin followed suit, getting up and dusting off his clothes. As the older one started making breakfast for everyone, the younger male sat down on a chair.

"Jin," he said, watching his friend turn around. "I want to bring out a message to our fans. Keeping quiet for so long is cruel, they know nothing of what is happening. Do you think it's okay to leave a video message?"

A sigh came from Jin, making the young male almost think that he had said something wrong. 

"I think that is okay, however, we should also ask this the other members. If anything, right now, we need to do everything together. We need each other."

Taehyung nodded, agreeing. He definitely wanted to discuss this with the other members. He didn't want to do something they weren't ready for. They were one group and so they had to act as one group. He watched Jin make food, making noodles. His stomach growled, he was hungry but also not in the mood to eat. But he had to, he knew Jin would force him to eat either way. Tae had to keep strong to recover, and eating was a way to be strong and healthy.

Footsteps. Yoongi and Namjoon entered the kitchen, looking tired and hungry. They must have just come out of bed as their hair was still messy and they obviously hadn't showered yet. The two men sat down at the table, taking in the delicious smell coming from the food Jin was cooking. They had become more quiet and close to each other since the diagnosis a year ago. Tae wondered if they sought comfort in each other and tried to deal with his sickness together. He didn't want to ask, though. It seemed private, and he didn't want to intrude on that.

More footsteps, Jungkook joined the group, yawning and looking like a baby. The youngest member of them all had been the brightest among them. He'd tried many times to cheer everyone up, but not always with success. There wasn't much any of the members could do to comfort their dying friend.

As Jin was putting plates on the table, the last two members walked in, both looking like they'd just cried. Tae swallowed, he didn't want to see any of the members sad but there wasn't much he could do about it. Hoseok and Jimin sat down on either side of the sick boy, quietly waiting for breakfast to be served, and then quietly eating. As if they tried to forget the rest was there, they didn't look at anyone but the table.

Jin frowned as he watched the members. Being the oldest he was the most mature and seemed the one to be able to deal with this all the best, besides Kookie. He knew it was hard on all of them.

Once everyone was eating breakfast and the chatter had started, discussing what would have to be done today, Taehyung got up. Everyone looked up at him, even Jimin and Hoseok. Clearing his throat, he started speaking.

"Now please just listen to me. I know we've had a rough year and we're still facing a possible dim future. But to me it's rude to have the fans know nothing and I think they deserve to know that I'm ill. I want to record a video message for the fans, with all of us and tell them what has been going on. They deserve that."

There was a long silence, everyone just looking at him, then at the others and then at the table. Neither of them seemed to know what to say, until Jin got up. "Yes, we should do this. That's the least our fans deserve after having supported us."

Namjoon and Yoongi nodded, agreeing. So did Kookie and Jimin, but Hoseok remained mysteriously quiet. Tae wondered what was going on with him. He was normally so cheery but now, he was nothing but a quiet soul. He looked lost, like time was out his soul bit by bit. 

Eventually though, Hoseok looked up at Taehyung and nodded.

"If that is what you want, than we should honour your decision."

And so it was decided, the next day they would record a video message for their fans telling what was currently going on around BTS.