Chapter Eight

Hold Me Tight

Taehyung was excited, but because he was still recovering from the wound, and because his cancer was making him feel sick, he sluggishly walked behind the others, pulling his suitcase. It costed him a lot of effort. He stopped for a moment, feeling like he was out of breath and leaned his hands on his knees, bent over.

Jimin noticed and stopped, walking back to Taehyung and taking his suitcase. “Here, let me pull it,” he said, waiting for Taehyung. Once he was ready to walk, Jimin walked with him to the group who were standing in line to check in. He smiled at Taehyung, who in turn smiled back. But Jimin noticed the younger man wasn’t feeling great. He hoped they’d be soon in the plane and flying off, Taehyung needed his rest.

They sat down in the waiting area. Jimin started chatting with Yoongi. Taehyung felt tired and was barely keeping awake. Hoseok wrapped an arm around him and kissed the top of his head. “Tae, should we let the other members know about… us?”

Taehyung turned his head, looking up at Hoseok. He wasn’t sure why Hoseok had wanted that, but he shrugged. “If you want to,” he said. He didn’t mind, to be honest. He wanted to be affectionate with Hoseok in public, but the other members didn’t know, so it would be rather awkward.

Hoseok smiled and cleared his throat, getting the attention of the rest. He looked so proud, it made Taehyung smile.

“So, for a while now, Taehyung here, and I, have been in a relationship. It’s been a month, now. So, I wanted to let you guys know.”

There was silence. An awkward silence. Then Jimin smiled and took Yoongi’s hand, looking him into the eyes to see if he could tell the others too. Yoongi nodded, rolling his eyes. A blush started covering his face.

“Yoongi-hyung and I have been in a relationship as well, but a bit longer,” Jimin announced, getting the attention of the rest. “We’ve been dating for a little over three months now.”

All these announcements made Seokjin smile. “I’m happy for you guys,” he spoke.

“Congrats, hyungs!” Jungkook chirped brightly.

And then it was announced that they could board the plane. They got up, getting their bags and following the mass of people. Taehyung held Hoseok’s hand. He blinked as they stepped into the airplane.

Once in the plane, Hoseok seated at the window, Taehyung in the middle, Jimin on the right, instructions were given. They didn’t bother to listen, Hoseok wrapping his arm around Taehyung and Taehyung resting his head on Hoseok’s shoulder and quickly drifting off to sleep.

Jimin just played a game on his phone. He felt a kick in his back and looked around to see Yoongi laughing. He rolled his eyes and faked that he was hurt. “How could you, hyung~”

“Tssk,” Yoongi mumbled, looking through the gap of the chairs and watched Jimin play. Namjoon was reading a book, earbuds plugged in and listening to music. Jungkook was staring out the window as the plane lifted off. Seokjin was texting someone, it seemed.

It was only a two hour flight.

Hoseok gently woke up Taehyung who groaned and grumbled. He rubbed his eyes, noticing Jimin leaving his seat. He got the clue, unbuckled himself and got up, following after Jimin. Hoseok carrying his bag.

Out the plane, into the taxi. Out of the taxi, into the hotel. Finally settled into their room, Taehyung collapsed onto the bed, exhausted. He was hungry as well, they hadn’t eaten dinner. He sighed, propping himself up on his arms and watching Hoseok change into something a bit fancier.

The rest changed as well, but Taehyung felt too tired to do that. Eventually though, he rummaged through his suitcase and found a nice blouse, jeans and pulled that on. They then headed to the dining hall and sat down around a long table to order food. A waiter came, took their orders and hurried away. Soon enough he came back, putting the plates down and wishing the seven people a nice dinner.

Taehyung sighed, moving around the food on his place but not really eating. He wasn’t hungry much and he wasn’t interested in throwing up later tonight. He felt bad though. Hoseok noticed and wrapped an arm around him. “It’s okay, Taehyung,” he said, gently rubbing the younger’s shoulder.

Seokjin nodded. “It’s okay, Tae. We understand.” That was comforting, Taehyung leaning against Hoseok and he watched them eat. It made him smile, knowing that they were enjoying the food. Tomorrow would be great. They’d go swimming and lie in the sun. He was so excited for that. His last time swimming. It was starting to sink in, soon he’d be buried. He sighed and closed his eyes.

After everyone as done, they headed back to their room. Taehyung laid down on his bed, curling up and pulling the covers over himself. He didn’t want reality to get to him.

He felt a weight on his bed. The covers were removed and he saw Hoseok. He looked at Hoseok and wanted to pull the covers back over him, but he was stopped and his hands were pinned down on the bed. “H- Hoseok-hyung… not now.” Even though they were in a separate room, he wasn’t in the mood for this.

Hoseok raised his brow, lowering his face and looking into Taehyung’s eyes. “Don’t let it get to you,” he said. “We have a few days still. We will have fun,” he said, pressing a light kiss against Taehyung’s lips and releasing him, laying down beside the younger male.

“But, what if something goes wrong?” Taehyung questioned, tears forming in his eyes. He looked at the older man with teary eyes.

“We’ll see about that when it happens. Taehyung, please. Don’t let these few days get ruined because of what is going to happen. I’m sure the fans want you to enjoy, just like we want you to enjoy. It’s going to be okay.”

Taehyung looked at Hoseok. “Okay,” he said, his voice soft. He curled up into Hoseok’s arms and yawned, tired.

“Go to sleep,” Hoseok said, wrapping him in his arms and pulling the covers over him. Taehyung took that advice, falling asleep in his arms. Hoseok followed, falling asleep as well.