The waltz (Jaebomb)

Block B oneshots

‘’I’m sorry, I didn’t know’’ Minhyuk quietly said while he looked at the boy on the ground who was angrily wiping away his tears with his sleeve. He had come home to the dorm only to find Jaehyo trying to dance the English waltz, with a broom stick of all things. All by himself. He had been so into it that he didn’t even notice Minhyuk standing in the doorway, watching him. And when he did Minhyuk couldn’t resist to make fun of him.

He had just made a joke about being reminded why Jaehyo is always in the back when they performed when Jaehyo had suddenly shouted at him.

‘’Well that’s why I’ve been working my of to improve, you !’’ After he had shouted this he had tried to storm to his bedroom, but tripped over one of Kyung’s dirty sweatpants and there he was sitting now on the floor, attempting to hold back his tears but failing terribly.

‘’I-It’s not your fault… I know I at dancing.’’ Jaehyo replied, trying to make his voice waver as little as possible. ‘’It was stupid to try to improve.’’

‘’No it isn’t!” Minhyuk began to feel guiltier by the minute. It had been unfair to make fun of Jaehyo’s dancing abilities since he was so talented himself. It was just that Jaehyo usually wasn’t so sensitive when it came things like this, and he had kind of expected that Jaehyo would have laughed with him.  

‘’But why were you try- I mean.. why the English waltz?’’ He just didn’t see the connection to any of the dances Block B did.

Jaehyo blushed and was silent for a moment before muttering. ‘’Because it’s the only one I could keep up with.’’

Minhyuk had to try his hardest to keep down the laugh that was bubbling on when Jaehyo continued. ‘’I even watched the tutorials online, and I still .’’

‘’That was because you can’t dance a waltz on your own!’’ Minhyuk reached out his hand to Jaehyo who looked at this kind of suspiciously, before grabbing it and being pulled onto his feet. Minhyuk stretched his right arm and did the same with Jaehyo’s arm and grabbed his hand.  The other hand he used to grab Jaehyo’s hand to lay it on his own shoulder, while he placed it just above Jaehyo’s waist.

‘’Y-You don’t have to….’’ Jaehyo muttered.

‘’I want to’’

Minhyuk had learned the dance years ago and he was a good teacher so within an hour or two Jaehyo had mastered the English waltz. But even after Jaehyo had more than enough training, they kept on swaying to the music, looking into each other’s eyes as they danced the night away.