Be the light (Jaekyung)

Block B oneshots

The drive home from the broadcast show was completely silent. Normally the car would be filled up with laughter and the scent of alcohol as Kyung would always manage to smuggle in a bottle though nobody knew how he kept pulling it off. However this time it was completely silent, and Jaehyo sat in the backseat with Ukwon looking out of the window trying to hold back his tears.

This was nothing new to Jaehyo, the way the other members would make fun of him. He had grown accustomed to the constant rejection he received and normally he could let it slide quite easily, not bothering to spent too much time pandering about it. He would smile and pretending not to be hurt by their comments and when they would be back in the dorms he would go to bed as earliest, not wanting to be bothered by the other members.

This time they had pushed it too far though and they all knew it. The show had started out fine, they mad fun of him occasional but it was all in good humor and Jaehyo laughed with them. However at the end of the show Kyung had crossed the line by making a joke about his mother. Jaehyo was nailed to his seat. They could make fun of him all him wanted but family was another matter. They had never ever touched the subject, especially here on live tv. He had closed his eyes for a moment as he heard the other members laugh at the joke as Jaehyo tried his hardest to but up a fake smile for the camera. Luckily the show had ended soon and so Jaehyo had the chance to walk out of the studio without giving his other members another glance.

And so now. sitting in the car with each other, they all crossed the line. Living with each other in one dorm and being together constantly they had fights all the time. Most of the time Kyung and Zico would have some argument about popularity or who got to sing what in line in their new songs. Taeil got into fights with members in the morning because of his morning temper, and Minhyuk would explode time from time if they had pushed him too far. But never had they fought like this. Jaehyo would sometimes complain about how he was treated and the members would convince them they didn't mean it and usually that was it. But now, 4 years after their debut. Jaehyo had had enough.

After a completely out of character silent car ride, they arrived at the dorm. As soon as the car stopped Jaehyo pushed the door open and stormed inside. The other members stopped moving for a moment and looked at each other until Zico sighed and said: ''Let's go". 

They arrived just in time to hear the door of Jaehyo's room being slammed closed and they were yet again dumfounded. Never had the older boy acted this way and everybody was indifferent of what to do.

''We should just let him be'' Ukwon pleaded. He knew that was what he would want and he hated conflicts. He reasoned that if maybe he had some time to cool off they could apologize in the morning and everything would be fine. 

''No we should go talk to him now, you know how he is. He will get all these crazy ideas if we leave him alone for too long. We just need to men up and face him.'' Zico spoke confidently. 

Ukwon shook his head and Minhyuk seemed to agree with him before adressing the black haired boy who had stood a little away from the group: ''Kyung, this is your fault, what do you want to do?''

''My fault?!" The boy hissed back at him. '''As if y-..."" 

The group was interrupted by the door opening and Jaehyo came out and the whole group paled. His eyes were puffy and red, this however wasn't the reason everyone suddenly looked like they had seen a ghost. It was because in his left hand he was carrying his suit case.

''J-Jaehyo-hyung" Kyung voice broke the silence as he spoke in a voice barely above a whisper. 

''Just let me through'' 

He pushed his way passed Kyung who looked at him stunningly. He passed his friends he had spent the last four years with and made his way to the door. But not before a hand grabbed his wrist and hissed ''You can't leave.'' Zico was holding his wrist a little too tight and he tried to shook of the hand. 

''Watch me'' He had nothing left to lose. He loved his life and his career. It was hard and he couldn't count the amount of times he had almost given up but when he was on stage, singing while BBC's chanted his name. He couldn't describe it but there was nothing in the world he loved more. But he could not stay, not like this, not with his other members not respecting him.

Breaking loose from the iron grip that Zico had on him he stormed out of the door and slammed the door behind him. Enough is enough.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 month later

Jaehyo was lying in his childhood bed. He had outgrown most of the furniture and the Star Wars poster on his bedroom door, but still it felt warm and safe. After everything had happened he had immediately returned to Busan. He was eternally grateful for his mom and dad, who had welcomed him with open arms and now here he was. His life now consisted of sleeping, lying in bed, lying on the couch, sleeping in the comfy chair that stood in their living room and eating his mother home made food. He had not bothered to contact the other members nor did he know if any of the members had contacted him. He lost his phone somewhere in the house and he had not bothered to go look for it. He knew his mom must have made some phone calls with some of the managers but he couldn't be bothered to ask her about it. Honestly he didn't want to think about any of it, he just wanted to be left alone. 

He groaned and turned in his bed. Suddenly he heard the door bell ring. Startled he looked at his alarm clock. 2 o'clock. His dad wasn't supposed to be home until 7 and besides he would always come in through the bed door. Hoping it would be some salesman or something as he strained his ears. He could hear his mom's voice and some men's voice arguing for a bit before the door was closed. He prayed to god his mother slammed the door on him but unfortunately he heard footsteps come up the stairs. As a child he hid his head under the covers and pretended to be asleep. His bedroom door opened and somebody walked in and sat beside him on his bed. 

He heard someone sigh before saying: ''You can stop pretending to be sleeping now, you know''. Kyung. To be honest he was surprised he had come. Kyung had never apologized to Jaehyo not really, he would always pretend it was a joke and Jaehyo would decide that this was probably the best he was going to get. They didn't even hang out, Kyung always avoided being alone with Jaehyo, except when he was drunk. Then he would constantly hang around Jaehyo, trying to get as much attention as he could. He would say the sweetest things to him and he even tried to crawl into his lap one time, the next morning he would pretend nothing had happened and make ty jokes about Jaehyo.

He sighed under his bed sheet. He could hardly ignore him for much longer but he also wasn't ready to face him yet. ''What do you want?'' He spoke from under the covers. 

''Come on" Kyung replied while tugging at the top of the sheet. ''You could at least look me in the eye." Jaehyo's anger was sparked by this comment. How dare he come and demand anything? He was an and Jaehyo could threat him however he wanted. Annoyed he pushed the sheet off him and sat right up. ''WHAT?"

He hadn't realized how close he was to Kyung, faces less that 10 cm apart. Jeahyo became a little self conscious, he had not showered for at least a week and he was sure he looked utterly pathetic in that moment. The other boy was startled by this outburst and distant himself a little from him.

''Look, you know I didn't mean it and.. I'm  sorry, okay? So now will you please come back?" Kyung pleaded. Jaehyo just threw back is head and let out a humorless laugh. 

''Why? So you can have someone to make fun of to feel better about yourself? Don't tell me they are now going after you since I have left?" Jaehyo chuckled again. Not because he thought it was funny, this was too painful for him, but because he thought it would be the easier thing to do. He got hurt so many times and he wasn't planning on being made to feel like in his own goddamn childhood home. 

''You know that's no-"

''I don't know anything anymore!'' Jaehyo shouted back. He tried to be as calm as possible but all the emotion he had been repressing for so many years were coming out and unfortunately for Kyung, he was the one who was getting ambushed. ''I know you I'm easy to make fun and I can handle it most of the times but I though that we at least had mutual respect for each other, but I was so wrong. Also I can't believe they would just send you out here to come fetch me like a dog, what I'm not important enough for them to come get me?"

''It's not li-"' Kyung tried to interfere before Jaehyo ruthlessly continued. He was going to speak now. He had nothing to loose anymore anyway and it felt oh so good to have someone here he could blame everything on.

''And you don't even like me! You're only nice to me when you're drunk! What, did Zico promise you a new solo if you could bring back his lost property? You are honestly th-"

Jaehyo was abruptly cut off by Kyung's lips. He didn't even realise how it had happened all he could think of now was Kyung's hot, soft lips on his cold ones. For a moment the kiss was motionless until Kyung began moving his lips slowly against Jaehyo's, slowly getting more urgent. 

Kyung's hands gripped his shoulders and pushed him back on the bed as he straddled his lips. He moved his tongue against Jaehyo's underlip. begging for entrance. Jeahyo couldn't say no to the pleasure that was being given to him and moaned into the younger boy's mouth. The kissed until they both had lost all sense of time and place. It wasn't until they were both out of breath that Kyung pulled back and laid his head on Jaehyo's chest. 

It was quiet until Kyung broke the silence: ''I'm sorry.''

Jeahyo didn't react, not because the kiss hadn't meant anything to him but because he couldn't comprehend what just happened. He just recieved the best kiss in his life, and from Kyung nevertheless. Kyung, the boy who always made fun of him every chance he got, Kyung who he barely spoke to even if they were the only ones in the room and Kyung who was the reason for pushing him over the edge. The way he was ridiculed and ignored by him had made him believe that the boy didn't care about him in the least but this kiss felt real and his whole being hoped that it didn't happen just so Jaehyo would come back. 

''Come back with me." The younger boy whispered into his chest.

''Block B doesn't need me." 

''The members need you'' Kyung retorted him. 

'It's just not enough anymore."

Kyung was silent for a moment before saying the words that scared him more than anything in the world: "I need you.''

Laying against Jaehyo's chest he could hear the boys heartbeat rise at his words. This seemed to give him hope as he continued: ''All this time.. I've.. cared for you I just.. I-I didn't know how.." Jaehyo heard the boy out, hardy believing his own ears.

''You've always treated me like .'' He blurted out.

''Of course! What else could I do? Confess? You would think I was disgusting a-an-''

Jaehyo gave a kiss on Kyung's head and said  ''I don't think you're disgusting.'' making the boy blush.

''Yeah yeah.. just.. don't leave me again., or something. and.. we all miss you, you know, things aren't the same without you.. so it isn't just for me you know. I'm just thinking for the greater good and besides it would be a waste of your career....''

Kyung was still talking on while Jaehyo thought it over. He would be lying if he said he didn't miss the other members. And that kiss.. it was too soon to say how he felt about Kyung but he couldn't say he hadn't felt something. He was stubborn and once he had made up an opinion it would take a lot of time until he would change his mind, so he knew he wouldn't love the boy overnight. To be honest it was ridiculous to him how quickly everything had gone and thinking about it made his head hurt. Even if he did come back, it would take a lot of time until things would be back to normal, if that was even what he wanted. 'No he would be a fool, he deserved better, he would find another career, besides he didn't miss them at all', he tried to convince himself He was certain, people don't change and it would be best for him to just tell Kyung to go home. He was 100% certain when he made his final decision:

''Okay I will come with you'' 

''You promise?"

''I promise."