Winter resolve (jaebomb)

Block B oneshots

‘’I’m sorry but it’s just not who I am.’’ Jaehyo said, getting more annoyed by the second as his boyfriend’s frown increased.

‘’It wouldn’t hurt you to try a little bit more! You know how much dancing means to me, Jeahyo! Can’t you just sacrifice a few hours of your time for me?’’ Minhyuk exploded.

‘’Look Minhyuk, I’m sorry but I’m just not comfortable with dancing with you like that in public.’’

“What is that supposed to mean?’’ Minhyuk argued back, his voice just above a whisper as he took a step forward to Jaehyo.

‘’Exactly what you think it means. If you wanted someone to grind against on the dancefloor you should have fallen in love with someone else.’’ Jaehyo snapped back at him, clenching his fist together and feeling the adrenaline flowing through his veins.

’Yeah, well maybe I should have.’’

It fell completely silent while they looked at each other like hurt children. For a moment Jaehyo thought he saw some sort of remorse in Minhyuk’s eyes before they hardened and stared down at him. Not being able to take in his stare anymore he looked to the ground, eyes starting to form in his eyes. They had their fights before and if they were completely honest they probably argued a lot more than most couples, their personalities were just like that. And this format wasn’t new either. Most of the times Minhyuk would cross the line and Jaehyo would end up hurt. Unfortunately Minhyuk wasn’t the type to talk about what he was really feeling so in most of the cases Jaehyo would turn to Taeil, who always seemed to look through their walls and solve it. But Minhyuk had never pushed it this far, to make Jaehyo feel completely unworthy and he didn’t want to show up in the dorm later tonight where Taeil would somehow always be waiting for him and where Kyung would give him this knowingly look of sympathy that was so rare he would feel slightly uncomfortable.

Making up his resolve Jaehyo moved past a frozen Minhyuk and grabbed his jacket off of the coat rack and walked out of their apartment, slamming the door behind him. Downstairs he waited for a moment to see if he could hear someone walking down the stairs, but it was completely silent. He inhaled deeply, trying to push back the tears and welcoming the cold winter breeze on his face which seemed to snap him back to reality.

Jaehyo was drunk. He knew he couldn’t take alcohol well but that didn’t stop him to go to some sleazy bar downtown and consuming considerable amounts of soju. It was late, he didn’t have his phone with him but it was late enough for the bar owner to kick him out and so he ended up on a bench somewhere. He shivered, it was cold and he didn’t know where to go. He could go to the dorm but everyone would be asleep and there was no way he could be quiet enough not to wake someone. Besides Jihoon would be upset to see him like this, he conflict and Jaehyo didn’t want to upset one of his favorite and youngest member.

He could also go back to the dorm, most of the times Minhyuk would seek out Ukwon when something like this happened. This annoyed Jaehyo to no end. He kept trying to convince himself that it couldn’t possibly be jealousy, Ukwon was with Sunhye after all, but still he had a hard time swallowing back his anger.

Annoyed and almost convinced that Minhyuk must be hiding out at Ukwon’s place he made his way home. This was a little more difficult than he had foreseen because he had no idea where he actually was. So when he reached the front door, he could hear birds chirping. Typing in the code he dragged himself upstairs, he was tired and just wanted to dive into his bed as soon as he entered.

Opening the front door he stumbled in only to hear a relieved sigh. He didn’t even have to look up, he could feel the presence he knew oh so well. He waited for the other one to open his mouth but there was nothing but an uncomfortable silent between them.

Annoyed he decided to speak up: ‘’what are you doing here? I would have thought you were already out looking for someone who fits your criteria.’’

It wasn’t fair. He knew Minhyuk hadn’t meant what he said, after all it was him who had kissed him out of the blue just after their debut. But he was intoxicated and tired, oh so tired. Why couldn’t Minhyuk just hug him and tell him he loved him? It shouldn’t be this hard.

But for whatever reason it just stayed silent. Finally gathering the courage to look up, he could see an equally tired Minhyuk, who was visibly pale and kept opening his mouth as if he was going to say something but couldn’t form the words.

‘’You know what, don’t even bother.’’ Jaehyo sighed, taking off his jacket and walking past Minhyuk once again to reach their bathroom. Feeling only a little bit better at the prospect of crawling into their bed and hoping Minhyuk would get the message.

Just when he was about to reach out to the door handle he felt two arms winding around his waist and hugging him close. Jaehyo didn’t move. It wasn’t enough, not yet. He wanted something more, he needed something more.

‘’I-I… I’m sorry.’’ Minhyuk laid his head in his neck and he could feel his lips just mere millimeters from his skin. He stayed silent. Just a little bit more. He could feel Minhyuk’s arms tighten around his waist at this unfamiliar silence from Jaehyo. Normally Jaehyo would have taken this gesture as enough and he would have turned around and kissed Minhyuk, who would be eternally grateful because he was better in showing how he felt with his body than with his words.

‘’I-I shouldn’t have.. I mean. I-I didn’t mean what I said.’’ Silence. The arms around his body tightened even more and Jaehyo’s ribs were starting to hurt. ‘’Please talk to me.’’  He pleaded kissing Jaehyo’s neck. ‘’Jaehyo.’’ He moaned. Jaehyo still hadn’t moved from and inch. He was close, but he just needed a little bit more to push him over the edge.

‘’I love you.’’

Jaehyo somehow managed to twist around in Minhyuk’s arms and turned them around to push him at the bedroom door. In a glance he could see his boyfriend’s eyes widen before attacking his lips in a sloppy kiss. He was still drunk and had a hard time controlling his movement, so he was fairly sure this was the worst kiss he had ever given someone (considering he was and exceptional kisser usually). But Minhyuk didn’t seem to mind as he let Jaehyo dominate his mouth without putting up any resistance. He kissed Jaehyo back with a rare tenderness, normally Minhyuk would be all about passion and had a roughness in his movements, but now he used his hands to go through Jaehyo’s hair and his cheeks. All too soon Jaehyo was out of breath and he leaned back, pressing his sweaty forehead to Minhyuk’s. Any other night they would have taken it further into the bedroom, but this was enough. For both of them, isn’t the only way to express your love for someone. Detaching himself from Minhyuk he walked to the bathroom, he might as well clean up before getting into bed with the promise of slow kissing Minhyuk for the next few hours.

Brushing his teeth he could hear Minhyuk making some phone calls in the living room. ‘Yes he is home’ and ‘we’re okay now, thank you’ which brought a smile on Jaehyo’s face. Minhyuk normally remained annoyingly calm in situations and left the panicking and frantic phone calls to Jaehyo, but it felt good to have the tables turn for a while. It made him feels strong, and loved.

Crawling into bed and turning his back to the door, it didn’t take long before he felt an arm around him, slowly turning him while laying kisses on the side of his face. It wasn’t going to be a long day, and Jaehyo wouldn’t have it any other way.