06 Again

An Umbrella for the Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#np Baekhyun's Beautiful

 

[2015]

Maybe I was just too excited that I didn’t think twice and took his hand right after I saw him at the hallway before. It’s incredible on how he’s here after all these years and I can’t stop feeling amazed all over again whenever I look at his face, including now.

I just remembered that we had our promotions together last year and I feel quite frustrated because we didn’t properly meet each other at that time. Why didn’t he tell me back then? We could’ve met earlier. But after I asked him that question, he shifts his gaze to the carpeted floors. Why, is it because I’m being too blunt again?

“It-it’s okay. I understand… You don’t have to answer.” I say carefully and inch closer but I stop when he abruptly looks back up to me.

“No! I…” He pauses and lets out a tiny sigh. “That time… you know… we’re still new. I-I don’t want to surprise you, or push you into remembering things like this when both of us were busy making our groups known.”

 

He’s right. Now that I think of it, a lot of things were going on last year. Our debut was overly hyped but when the song came out, people started to shower hate towards our group. The music video scandal and such… And not too long after that, all the hate that was thrown at me because of my stupid joke in a variety show and truthfully, I felt like crap at that time.

Different from him though… He debuted successfully with his group, winning so many times in music shows, their album topped the charts for so long. They also received so many rookie awards last year.

Yeah, it’s quite bitter to accept if we look it that way. I guess I can understand why he didn’t want to introduce himself to me. It’s because both of us were not on equal terms. He was standing way higher than I did, I just realize…

“You’re absolutely right.”

“But I love your new song! Jjang! I love it as soon as I heard the first five seconds!” He suddenly raised his voice in a happy way and pull up his thumb.

I can’t help but to smile at his cheery acts. I guess he noticed the gloomy atmosphere and tried to cheer things up. How nice of him…

“Thank you, Seunghoon-ssi.”

 

Things get a little awkward as both of us stare at each other’s awkward smile but then, he quickly pulls out his phone from his pocket.

“I don’t think I should stay here for too long. Can you give me your number? Maybe we can contact each other easily.”

Oddly, I feel nervous when I take his iPhone. It’s not the first time I’ve given my number to someone, especially to a guy but today, it feels more thrilling. Like, a good kind of thrill.

“What about your wish?” I ask, the feeling of nervousness still hasn’t left me.

“My wish? Ahaha… That’s right. Well –“

He couldn’t finish his words as we can hear the door behind us clicks. It’s as if my heart almost pops out from my chest when it does because who knows what’ll happen if someone from my company finds him here in our waiting room.

But Seunghoon’s quicker. He swiftly runs to the walls beside the door and soon, the door sways open. My heart races and I feel even more nervous when the person who’s standing behind it is actually our manager.

 

“Oh Wendy-ya! Here you are! Why’re you still here?! Quick! You have to go to the backstage. I’m so mad! Seulgi’s with a man when I found her.”

“Man?”

“YG man aka your biggest rival. Aish, come!”

“Yes!”

He doesn’t walk into the room which makes me feel so relieved. If he did, then I’m sure his anger will be doubled if he saw Seunghoon here. I hastily run out of the waiting room and shut the door without locking it and most importantly, without looking back.

 

***

 

“Stop it, okay Seulgi-ya?”

“But Oppa, I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter