03 Honey

An Umbrella for the Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#np Red Velvet's Automatic

[2010]

Breathe in… breathe out.

I looked around, oddly feeling nervous. I didn’t know why the heck did I put on my best clothes and came here today. I even put some gel and combed my hair, unlike any other typical day. Vanilla Wendy… I couldn’t sleep last night because of her. How weird, I only met her once and I was already acting like this…

There were a lot of things that I wanted to ask her. Maybe I was just curious, that’s why I couldn’t sleep. And today, I decided to come here and try my luck in seeing her again. But hey, why did I stand here and hope for something that’s unsure? It could be that she already left this country…

I looked down, suddenly feeling hopeless, and so stupid.

 

Stupid Seunghoon. What was I thinking? She obviously wouldn’t come.

 

“Hey, it seems like you brought along your umbrella today.”

 

[2015]

I still remember the way she looked that day, with her blue umbrella and how sweet did she smiled to me when I looked at her. And when she came close, I can still remember her addictive vanilla scent. Could it be that she only came to me whenever I felt like losing hope?

That girl feels so… magical.

Pft.

I laugh, feeling quite silly at that childish thought. Sighing, I take the pen from behind my right ear and jot down things that came to my mind. The weird thing is, every time I think of her, inspiration comes endlessly like waterfall.

But then, I halt. Is it love?

Again, I chuckle softly by myself. It’s too fast to call it love. The word love is too big, too substantial. Besides, I know nothing about Wendy apart of her name, her scent and also her voice, so it couldn’t possibly be love, yet.

Hmm… maybe she really is magical. That’s why she could do strange things to me.

 

 

“Oh, oh Seunghoon Hyung. It looks like you’re thinking of someone… girl?”

Startled, I quickly turn to the door to the practice room nearby. Meh… it’s just Taehyun.

“Ah why... Go away, I’m trying to write some songs…” I try to shoo him away but instead, he’s sitting here beside me by the piano.

“Who is it about?”

This boy tries to peer at my music sheets but I swiftly take everything and put them into my file.

“Why? Is it that top secret?” He whines but suddenly, his face changes. “Seunghoon Hyung, can I tell you something?”

“What?”

“Well, since you know how to flirt with girls, can I ask for your advice?”

“Yah, I’m not good at flirting!” I protest but he still keeps that foolish grin on his face.

“But you’re smiling like an idiot just now. You must have a girlfriend back at your hometown!”

“Wha –“

 

“I think I’m interested in this one girl… Do you think it’s good if I give an impression to her, so that she’ll remember me?”

I furrow my brows and lean closer to the maknae, feeling quite curious myself.

“What kind of impression?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter