10 Win

An Umbrella for the Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#np Yoo Seungwoo's You're Beautiful

 

[20XX]

Wendy Son silently closes the door behind her and tiptoes her way into the small apartment. Excitement fills her ever since she packed her things and took her flight to return home this morning. Now, when she’s already at home, inside her living room, the excitement has turned into ultimate bliss when she sees the pleasing scene before her.

Aware of the curious and careful eyes that are watching her every steps, Wendy cautiously sits beside the man and brings her lips close to his ear.

“Oppa… Seunghoon Oppa.”

He twitches at the whisper but when he opened his eyes and saw her, he quickly sits up straight.

“Shhtt.” She urges with her index finger close to her lips.

“Since when you’re here?” He asks, eyes half closed.

“Not too long ago.” Wendy shifts her gaze to the sleeping figure beside him. “How’s Channie? Have you two eaten?”

A smile crept onto his lips when she mentioned food as the scene back at the kitchen this evening replays into his mind.

“I cooked but he didn’t seem to like it.”

“You cooked?!” She raised her voice along with her brows, making the cute shocked expression that she always does but then, a whimper can be heard from beside him.

Realizing that she’s woken the little boy, Wendy quickly goes towards him and puts the boy into her arms. That boy, he has a pair of small eyes, just like his father.

 

“Umma…” He whines, half asleep with his arms already wrapped around Wendy’s neck.

“We went to the fields today. Chan caught lots of bugs.” Seunghoon said with his just-awaken-voice.

“Really? No wonder you two look so tired. I missed you so much. Do you miss me, Seungchan-ah?” Wendy coos and showers kisses to the little boy.

“I’m hungry, Umma.”

Seunghoon laughs out loud at the answer but Wendy just ignores him and stands up with her son in her arms. It seems like she’s going to cook for them.

 

***

 

“I wonder how the episode will turn out…”

Seunghoon mumbles loudly after closing the door. Crews had already finished packing their stuff and now, that only leaves the house for the family themselves.

“I got a call from the staff back at Okinawa. You fed Chan with bugs and fast food, Lee Seunghoon?” Wendy squints at him, her arms crossed. It seems like she was holding herself before and now that they cameras are all gone, she can freely pull his ear towards the living room.

 

“Ouch3x… It hurts!”

To Wendy, her son’s health is the most important thing in this world and nobody can feed just any kinds of food to Seungchan and that includes her careless husband. After pinching his ear as much as she wants, she finally let go.

“I’m sorry, Wendy Honey. The bugs are good for his health. I also ate some! And the fast food… It’s just that I’m bad at cooking and for once, can you let Seungchan enjoy something delicious?”

Wendy shoots a glare and walks towards the transparent windows beside the TV. She tries to hide her smile and stares at the dark sky and the twinkling city lights before her. No, she’s not really mad… She’s already over it when she saw the two’s sleeping faces when she arrived home before.

It’s just fun to play around with him once in a while.

 

“Oh, it’s raining.”

She can hear him and she also notices his creeping hands around her waist. Soon, his tall stature is already behind hers.

“You’re right, it’s raining.”

Then, memories start to rewind.

 

[2025]

“Wow, this time is the perfect time to get married! It’s 2025, February is nice, or May…”

Mino just ignored the girl beside him and continued to grin towards the couple.

“I hope your turn’s next, Seulgi-ya.” Wendy said, her smile still hadn’t ceased from her since this morning.

“Me too. It’s just that someone’s being a coward.”

“I am not!” Mino exclaimed. “Just be patient, Kang Seulgi! I’m-I’m working on it!”

“Well, good luck you two. And guys, thanks for coming.” Seunghoon tapped his rapper friend’s shoulders and turned his gaze towards the other members of WINNER who were also happy for him.

Wendy was now with her other members. Even though Irene was older than her, she didn’t seem to be jealous at all. Maybe marriage was still not in her plans at this time being. She was broken too many times and that made her heart's as cold as ice. The other two members were also there, and single; Yeri and Joy. Maybe it’s because they were still young, or maybe it’s because Wendy thought she herself was being rushed into marriage?

She didn’t want to answer. She was already confident in her choice, and nothing could change it.

 

After bidding goodbye to their family and friends, the newlyweds quickly steps into their car. Yeap, it’s a wedding ceremony in the middle of nowhere, a small remote town in Jeju to be exact. so that no excessive camera lights could ruin it. Just close family and friends, like they had always wanted.

Thankfully, rain started to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter