02 Chocolate

An Umbrella for the Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#np WINNER's Empty

 

[2104]

My stomach always aches every time I stand at the backstage. Hearing those fans shout plus performing in front of many respected seniors, the twist that I feel inside my tummy feels even worse today. Although Red Velvet’s performance was over not too long ago, I still feel highly nervous. It’s because the special stage is going to be very soon.

“Are you okay, Wan-ah? You did great before, don’t worry.”

“Yeap, I guess…” I answer Irene Unni who’s fixing her earpiece but the fans’ cheers has gotten louder when the music starts to boom.

“Okay, girls. We’re up. Fighting! Let’s show them!”

Right after our leader’s cheer, we can hear the other groups cheering just as loud as we did. My heart's beating faster, this is why I'm here for, to perform. Blood rushes to my face when we step up on the stage, exactly like how it felt when we performed “Happiness” earlier.

Confidence, Son Seungwan…

I can feel the chilling wave running through my body. Those cheers though… They are incredibly louder now.

No, sadly they are not for us. It’s not our turn yet since we’re still standing behind the spotlight. My sight’s automatically fixed to the monitor nearby just to see the YG rookies performing their hit song. It’s impressive on how they’re already popular since debut. Their fans’ cheers are clearly louder than ours.

 

 

Good days and sad days

Hard days and happy days

Now it becomes memories of the past

The me and you of the past are now over

 

My sight is fixed to the guy clad in a chocolate jacket. So, that rap is his part but now that I realize it, he was the one who I bumped into back at the waiting room. That moment was very weird to me. He was so serious before and I couldn’t comprehend the words that he said to me… I hesitated at first when I saw him walking outside at the hallway and in the end, I couldn't call him back to ask what he really meant. Besides, I didn't even know his name so what should I call him at that time? YG guy? Hey? Will it sound rude?

But I wanted to know... What temple? Two thousand what? Have I done something wrong to him that he asked for my responsibility?

 

I snap when the music to our special song starts.

Okay, Wendy Son. Time to shine.

 

***

 

“Wendy-ya.”

I roll my eyes when Seulgi mischievously pulls my hair while we’re on our way to the company’s vehicle. She’s still teasing me since our special stage ended and I don’t get why. Is it because of that YG rookie, Taehyun? Really? All he did was he pulled my hair which was not on the rehearsal nor planned beforehand. He was probably too excited that he did that but hey, many people cheered. But what kinda scared me is it could mean that the the fans were either approving or they were in rage, especially Taehyun's fangirls... But if I'm hated tonight, then it's fine with me. I'm as tough as rock just like I have always been. 

“Haha, your man was so into it. The fans were technically screaming!” She utters and locks her arm around my neck.

“Yea, yea whatever. You know, Seulgi-ya. He doesn’t even remember my name up until now. That’s so annoying.”

“Pft, haha. What?”

And so, I tell her about the things that happened during our practices and rehearsal which were one of the most annoying experiences in my life. No, don’t get me wrong. He’s cute and nice and all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter