Day-2: Shock and Disbelief

Lost & Found

Kiyeon's POV (Your POV):

The next day, I didn't want to get up. My head throbbed as I laid there in bed, my eyes feeling swollen and dry, with a mild headache. The first thing I did was reach for my phone checking if I had any messages from him at all. We didn't really do "Goodmorning~" texts, but he did text me when he woke up, but what was I hoping for? I clicked my home button on my phone and as the screen lit up, there were 0 messages from him. I should have known... My throat tightened as my heart dropped back down to the pit of my stomach. I felt like I couldn't breathe properly at all and when I sat up, it only got harder. I figured I would be late if I kept laying here sulking so I got up and got ready for school, trying my best not to look so...dead.

When I got to school, the only thoughts that flooded my head were about him. We did go to seperate schools so the good thing was that I didn't have to see him and he wouldn't be able to see the horrible condition I was in. I walked straight to my first class which was English. As I sat down and took out my materials, Taehyung suddenly walked through the door with a concerned expression once he looked at me.

"You look like you had a rough night," he said bluntly with a hint of worry in his voice. I didn't have the energy to smack him, so I just laughed lightly as if it wasn't a big deal to me.

"How do you feel?" he asked me leaning against the empty desk next to me. My hair obscured my vision of him, but I knew he was watching my every move. For what reason, I don't know, but it's that feeling where you just know someone is looking at you. That intense, hair-standing on edge feeling.

"Are you..mad?" I asked in a small voice not looking at him and trying to seem distracted by fixing my notebooks. He scoffed before he replied as if I already knew the answer.

"Why did he does this to you...you guys were fine before weren't you?" his voice grew louder as he spoke. "I know I shouldn't be jumping to conclusions, but Ki, he's hurting you by making you wait and I can't stand that. Look at you! You're a mess and it's only been one day. I don't like seeing you like this."

I inhaled deeply before facing Taehyung and looking him straight in the eyes. His eyes reflected my own and I saw how tired and drained I looked. Get a hold of yourself Kiyeon...you need to.

"I...don't know what I'm going to do...I also hate being like this because it's not in my character you know?...Maybe he was stressed...he said with family issues and school plu sonline coarses he's going to have a hard time juggling it all and also balancing me and from what Mihyun said...he doesn't want to be a half-assed boyfriend...I don't blame him for that...so please don't be angry with him. It's not like he intentionally did it...I'll be fine...I just need some time. I promise," I assured Taehyung the best I could with a wobbly, unsteady voice. Even when I spoke, the tightness in my chest wouldn't let me breathe properly so my words were choppy and uneven.

Taehyung only sighed as I sat down in my seat feeling groggy and after a few minutes of silence, he just kind of left back to his classroom. He was 2 years older than me, but we became friends because he was new to the school last year, plus he was Mihyun's cousin and I helped him around since our classes were near each other. He was a bit on the awkward side so he didn't make too many friends, but this year he knows a lot more people so that's the good thing. He and his girlfriend got together around the same time Jungkook and I did. I remember how much Jungkook and I shipped the two and then it finally became a thing and the next thing you know, Taehyung and his girlfriend also wished for the same for us, but as you can see, it didn't turn out like we wanted it to.

As I waited for the final bell to ring so class could start, I pulled out my phone feeling the urge to text Jungkook, but then I froze before I could press any more buttons. No Kiyeon. You can't. You shouldn't. He is no longer yours so stop. I bit my lip hard as my hand that was clutching my phone was shaking. Inhaling deeply, I slowly put my phone away as the thoughts of him increased. Even as class started, I couldn't focus. My heart and mind were somewhere else. Sure, I wrote down all the class notes and answered all the questions to the quiz we had, but at the end of class, I couldn't remember half the things I did or wrote down.  I wanted different answers. I wanted real answers from Jungkook. 

If you asked me to describe our relationship, it would be complex. Despite how jungkook appears, he's actualyl very smart-mouthed and loves to troll people. Combined with me, our relationship was that of a push-pull couple. Unlike Taehyung and his girlfriend, who were always and I mean ALWAYS flirting and calling each other cheesy pet names, Jungkook and I were more playful with each other and we called each other a lot of different names. None that were hurtful or really mean, but ones that described us. So stuff like clumsy or pabo or dork etc. Despite our name calling, we had our sweet moments as well. He would say something unexpectedly sweet before going to bed and it would drive me insane because I would wonder why he would say that or when he would surprise me with my favorite candy on a regular day or when he would send a random text out of nowhere saying, "I miss you". 

If there are sweet moments, then there are also sour/salty moments. We ALWAYS had our own petty little arguements and we're both pretty stubborn so it made it almost impossible for us to resolve things quickly, but being the girlfriend I was, I didn't like aruging for too long so I usually let him win even if I was right.  He was impossible to understand. Even his friends say so. Even before we dated, he was a very confusing boy that it made me want to pull out my hair. He would say something so misleading and then never contact me again till a few weeks later when he was "bored". Mihyun had known him longer than I had andso she did help me understand him a lot more because she too shipped us together. A lot of people did actually, but that ship is this close to officially sinking soon. Whether it be me or him who ends it officially, I know it's not going to end well. The possibility of getting back together is very, very small.

"Yah, are you SURE you're really okay?" Taehyung waved his hand in front of me like I was blind. I shook my head a few times to release some of the thoughts I had thought of and only sighed. 

"I was just in thought, I'm fine," I assured him as I picked at my vegetables on my tray. "But it's hard to breathe right now.."I quietly whispered after.

"I heard that," Jimin frowned at me, his eyes glinting with worry. I ignored him as I continued to be lost in my thoughts. I had no desire to argue or talk right now. 

"Can you guys not talk about it with her?" Mihyun scolded the two in a low stern voice. "It's not your problem."

"But she came to us too," Jimin defended. 

"SHHHH," Mihyun shot glares at him. "Who would want to talk about it after it just happened pabo-ah."

"You guys," I sighed again. "I'm fine. I just need some time. Right now, I just need to let it all sink in..."

Silence filled the air between the four of us and I felt slightly bad for making it worse. So I decided to ease the tension a little.

"I promise I'll be back on my feet as soon as I can...it's not like I can't handle it. Do you remember who I am?" i laughed lightly. "I'm not going to let this bother me so much." What a lie.

"If you say so...but I'm calling you later," Mihyun replied in a rather monotoned voice. "I have to discuss something with you."

"You better add me to the call too," Jimin chimed in. "I have every right to be in there."

"Not really," Mihyun scoffed. "Just because you're a childhood friend, it doesn't mean anything."

.

.

(Few Hours After School @ Kiyeon's Home)

.

.

When I got home from school, the first thing I did was plop right on my bed. I felt so tired and drained both mentally and emotionally. I didn't want to feel anymore because it was so frustrating to get myself back together. You need to take care of yourself Kiyeon...don't fall into depression over a boy. You'll be fine...you'll be fine..

As I laid there on my bed, I kept trying to think of ways to distract myself until Mihyun called. I thought of sleeping, but then I'd have to wake up to reality sooner or later. I didn't want to harm myself either because that would be something I would regret later on in life. I just wanted a distraction. If I'm distracted, i should be fine for awhile...

I my phone and saw a message from a close friend of both Jungkook and I. It read:

Is that you in Jungkook's video on IG?

Huh? What is she talking about?

Filled with curiosity and doubt, I go on Jungkook's IG and see a video of him on a computer screen. I'm pretty sure it was a skype call, but who would he be skyping? What is this?..wait...it's from..yesterday?

I had a feeling I would regret watching it, but I did anyway because well...who wouldn't? As I started watching, a female voice asked in confusion, "what are you listening to?" He didn't answer, but he was there, on the screen, doing whatever he was doing while listening to Chris Brown. The first thought that would come to any girls mind is "Who is she?" but I already knew who she was and it was definitely not me.

This girl was always with Jungkook before we started dating. I believe they were bestfriends or something. I shipped them before we dated too because they suited each other so well and understood one another, but she was older by a year, not that it would stop Jungkook since he did date someone who was 2 years older than him before he dated me. The video replayed over and over again as I sat there feeling numb, not knowing how to react as my chest tightened again. It was taken yesterday...how...how am I suppose to feel about this?...I can't breathe....I need to breathe....but I can't....

Then a notification popped up on my phone pausing the IG video. Another message, but from Jimin. He had sent me a photo. My fingers moved slowly as I tried to calm myself down and not assume anything after watching the video. When I clicked on the photo, it took awhile to load, but when it did, my resolution shattered. It was a screen shot of Jungkook's reply to an IG comment. It read:

user123456: Are you single?

jjung_kook: Yes, but it's complicated.

The tears swelled up so quickly and before I knew it, i could no longer read my phone screen. Single but complicated....So that's your answer...

.

.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hello readers~!

How do you like the story far? 

Sorry for such emotional content xD 

I'm basing this off of what really happened to me so I'm trying to make it as realistic as possible so you guys can relate >-<

Anyway I hope you enjoy it nonetheless <3

Subscribe and Comment for more!!

 

-KaSo-sso