Day-6: Walking Memories

Lost & Found

Kiyeon's POV:

The whole day at school went pretty normally. I remained distracted so that I wouldn't over think anything and so I could keep myself sane. Have you ever done that? I mean overthink to the point where you've gotten sick and as you sank deeper and deeper into your thoughts, you give yourself delusions of impossibile scenarios and such.

Of course no one can get better within a few days whether it be from a physical wound or an emotional one, no one can recover so fast. The aftershock or aftermath can still affect you as you try to re-live the life you thought was normal. First, it starts as a scab and as it slowly heals, it still hurts. Everytime you move, you can feel the blood rushing by it without any type of thought. Then as it heals, it scabs over making it impossible not to notice to the public eye depending on how big the wound is. You even pick at it from time to time just to feel the pain and to remind you that it's still there. 

But as bad as it sounds, you can only pick at a scab so many times before it stops bleeding and all you're left with is a scar. A scar that might never fade away. If you're lucky, it'll be gone after a few months or maybe even years, but without a doubt, you will always remember where that scar came from. It could've been from tripping over your own foot or it could've been from falling down on your bike. Maybe it was from trying to run back home before your parents yell at you or it was from being careless as you slipped off the slide or swing. 

Or maybe it was from someone hurting you.

"Kiyeon-ah, take your dog out please," my mom scolded me while stiring the stir fry in the kitchen. "I don't want him to pee in the house."

"Yeah, yeah I know.." I grumbled getting up from the couch and grabbing my phone and headphones. 

"Hachi~! let's go!" I called for my shihtzu-poodle mixed dog who came running from the hallway with a wagging tail. I grabbed his leash and hooked it onto his bright green collar as he excitedly ran in circles making it almost difficult to step anywhere near the door. 

"Can you not do this, please," I laughed as I opened the front door and plugged my earbuds into my phone. The sky was a beauitful deep blue and the stars shined without any care in the world as if to show off their carefree life, but even stars have to burst at some point. Without any warning, my mind took a turn for the worst as a strong memory foudn it's way back into my mind.

There was a night where Jungkook had walked me home from Mihyun's house. I didn't get home till 8 and usually my parents would've been home, but they trusted Jungkook enough to actually get me home by 8. I forgot where they went, but they did give me a key to get in. We were at our 2 month mark and so it was still a little bit awkward between us, but it was a fairly romantic walk. It was a funny moment. Well, for me at least. I thought it was cute. 

When we got to my front door, I was just going to walk in after saying thank you and goodnight, but as I was going to walk up the steps to my front door, he nudged my hand a little making look at him with questions until he opened his arms wide with an innocent smile that basically said,"Where's my goodbye hug?" I remember laughing at him and then walking into his arms without a seconds hesitation. I was prepared for a short hug, but then he gave me a tight squeeze and before I could let go, he planted a small peck to my cheek. 

It all happened so fast and so I just kind of went with the flow until I got into my bedroom. It didn't really hit me as to what had happened during that time, but when it did, I was probably the happiest I had ever been while we were together. It made me wonder if he had tried to kiss my lips, but then missed because I had my head turned, but regardless, A for effort right? It was funny because as we were walking, I thought,"Wouldn't it be funny if he kissed me today?" Of course I had come to terms with myself that it wouldn't happen now, but later, but you know, I'll settle for what happened that night anyday. 

Even now as I'm walking Hachi, I'm reminded of that night and it almost brings me to tears as I remember the feelings I had at that moment because as it stands, I will never experience such a thing ever again. He was of course the first to kiss my cheek and he may be the only one for awhile since the condition I'm in is pretty unstable.

It wasn't something I regret though.

"Hachi, you've got the life," I sighed as the music rang in my ears. "You don't have to worry about relationship problems and you're happy all the time since we feed you and take care of you...although I wish you would have some puppies so I wouldn't be lonely...go find a girlfriend."

Usually if I didn't feel like talking to anyone, I talked to Hachi. Yes, I talk to my dog. Why? because he wouldn't tell anyone my secrets. Well...he might if they bribed him with a bacon strip or a treat. I treasured him more than anyone and if anything happened to him or if my parents gave him away, I really don't know what I would do. I remember my parents tried giving him away once. I cried for weeks because they told me before hand. Then when the actual day came, I kept going to the bathroom to wipe away my tears, but when they tried to leave, I couldn't hide them anymore and it all just came out without warning. I kept telling them to just leave and take him, but they didn't. And that's why he's still with me till this day. If I hadn't been there to cry for him, I probably would've broke by now.

"You'll always be here for me right?" I talked to him again as he peed on the curb. "Sure, sure let's just take that as a yes."

As I walked home, I pushed anymore thought of Jungkook out of my head and focused on the lyrics of the song I was listening to. I tried to avoid any sad love songs, but that was impossible since half of my song tracks were ballads. 

I didn't want to cry anymore. Expecially over a break up. My whole life had been filled with one-sided loves except for 2 people. Jungkook and Hoseok, but my biggest unrequited love had to do with someone by the name of Junhong. We never went out, but my unrequited love for him lasted almost a year. He was the one who opened my eyes to the world of dating and liking people. Although we never went out, our story was that of just bad timing and unfair fate, but that's a different story for a much later time. 

I walked back inside feeling tired and worn out even though Hachi and I had only walked around the block. I unleashed him and walked into my room falling into my bed trying to clear my thoughts. My fish tank next to my bed was starting to get even more annoying than usual since the water filter made noise even though there was seriously only two fish in there.

"Boss and Karl, you guys have the life too..." I sighed even more loudly as I took my earbuds out and laid sprawled on my bed. I flipped to my side and in front of my face was the stuffed frog. Feeling slightly irritated, I grabbed my pillow and placed it on top of it again. 

I need to throw this thing away...I need to throw a lot of things away.

With the thought of trying to release my pain, I my phone and went to my photo gallery. I clicked on my saved photos and sure enough there was the pictures of Jungkook and I waiting innocently for me to challenge my determination. I clicked on the most recent one which was from the past weekend at the mall and it made my heart ache once I saw our hands clapsed together. Then I clicked my settings and clicked delete, but then I was faced with a question.

Are you sure you want to delete this item?

My finger hoovered over the yes button for a really long time and in that time, I doubted myself with thoughts like,"You can't do it" ; "You're not ready" ; "What if you regret it?" ; "Can you even press it?" ; "You won't be able to press it" ; "You still want these memories don't you?" 

"What if I delete them and in the future, he still loves me?" I said a loud in a small, unsure voice. Oh no.....my resolution in weakening......C'mon Kiyeon...You can do it...all you need to do is press yes....

I very slowly pressed my hand onto the yes option and watched as the picture disappeared from my phone and moved onto the next one which was from the time we had attended a Rilakkuma convention and took a picture with a giant Rilakkuma mascot. That was one of my fondest memories of us because that was the first day we held hands as a couple. I could only sigh and thought, "It's going to be a very long night...."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hello my fellow readers~

I'm sorry for the wait ^^

I had to go re-read some of my blogs to remember the feelings I had for the 6th day.

Do any of you guys talk to your pets? LOL

Idk xD I hope I'm not the only one ;-;

I just finished watching the anime Nana as well and omg my feels T^T *Cough cough the Hachi reference*

I've read the manga as well and I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be continued anymore ;-;

UGH.

WELL WHATEVER.

NOBUXHACHI WILL FOREVER BE IN MY HEART <3

Subscribe and Comment for more <3

-KaSo