Day-7: Remembering

Lost & Found

Kiyeon's POV:

"Raccoon eyes," Taehyung looked at me from the side. "Did you cry again?"

"No," I snapped back feeling offended. "I think I'm done crying...5 days is enough of crying don't you think?"

"Well yeah," he replied back with a sigh. "You do seem a lot better."

"Do I?" I smiled a small smile to give him some reassurence. "I had a lot of deleting to do yesterday night so I ended up staying up rather late..."

"How'd that go for you?"

"...Fairly well. I just deleted a few unnecessary pictures and a few notes I had kept in my phone."

Taehyung looked at me with a skeptical look, but I only gave him a reasurring smile so as to not startle him or give him any more doubt about my condition.

I did have a tough night last night, but I refrained from crying so I guess you could say I was improving. To be honest with you though, I didn't delete many pictures like I wanted to. I ended up only deleting 2 and then I left the rest because I couldn't bring myself to delete them just yet. It's only been a week, so cut me some slack here. I'm seriously...trying to do my best to get back into my regular routine without him in my life.

"Hey," Mihyun walked behind me and soon took her seat right in front of me with a warm smile. "You feelin okay today?"

"Getting there," I laughed half heartedly. "Still struggling a little, but getting there."

"He called me yesterday," she said taking out a note book that had CHEMISTRY written on the front of it. "He got into the scholarship program."

"Oh," was all I could manage to say since I wasn't sure why she would tell me about something that wasn't even relevant to me anymore. Sometimes I hated that about Mihyun. She would recklessly throw out people's names that made me feel uncomfortable, but I would always have to act cool and just play it off since that's just how I am in general. She's never been in love and the relationship she has now isn't a very healthy one and I don't like him very much because of what he's done to her, but that's another story for another time.

"...How's he doing?" I tried to ask in a steady voice, but I'm pretty sure Taehyun heard my voice crack a little because he glanced over at me within a split second. 

"He's doing alright for the most part, he said he played league with Taehyung yesterday and that he's been rather bored lately so he's been bugging various people like me," Mihyun sighed as she hurriedly finished her homework. "Don't worry, he's doing fine."

I was starting to get slightly annoyed of her at this point. She was MY bestfriend but she's making it seem like I was the one who ended the relationship. I am fully aware that she is older and "wiser" but she's making it too obivous that she's picking sides since she's known him longer. What am I thinking right now? She's just being how she always is. Calm down and stop thinking about unecessary things that will only make you feel worse.

"I just realized Jimin isn't here today," Mihyun spoke trying to fill the awkward silence between the three of us. Usually we were all very talkitive to each other and we always had something to say to each other, so having even a second of silence, makes us all very awkward for some reason. You would think since we're all close that we'd have no problem being in awkward silence.

"He's in a supplementary class since he failed a test the other day," I sighed. "That kid worries me sometimes."

"Aigoo..." Taehyung shook his head in disappointment. "I thought he was smarter than that."

"Sa-" *Phone rings* Huh?

Startled from my own phone, I looked to see what type of notification I had received and I almost ended up throwing my phone across the room. Today had started off great, but why is it that everytime it goes well, HE comes around to ruin it? His timing is just..awful.

It was a snapchat from him. 

Mihyun and Taehyung noticed how tensed I got after looking at my phone and both asked, "What's wrong?"

I didn't answer them and quickly unlocked my phone and clicked the notification without hesitation, but once I got to the red square that signified that he sent me something, my heart squeezed.

"What does he think he's doing?......" I muttered under my breath so only I could hear myself. My thoughts scattered as I tried to find a resolution to open the notification. I want to open it, but I don't at the same time. 

"What'd he say?" Taehyung peeked over at me finally noticing that it was snapchat. "Oh...wait..."

Ignoring Taehyung, I took a deep breath and I held onto the red square and sure enough, there he was, Jeon Jungkook in the flesh on my phone screen once again. The little caption in the center read;

Too tired to be going to school.

What kind of message is this?

It was a picture of him leaning onto his elbow looking to the right as if he was staring at someone or something. Perfect symmetrical eyes.....with a perfectly lined nose and hair so fluffy and soft you just want to buryour face in it....sigh....it hurts...

"He probably sent it to the wrong person," I shrugged with a sigh and locked my phone again trying to make sense of the random snapchat. 

"Maybe," Taehyung sighed as well.

"Or maybe he's just used to sending things to you," Mihyun spoke monotoned. I looked at her with a confused look and tried not to over think anything that would continue to get my hopes up. 

"What are you saying?" I scoffed. 

"Ki," Mihyun closed her Chemistry notebook and looked at me with a serious face all of a sudden. "You only broke up a week ago. You can't expect yourself to be the only one who will be affected by this. Do you know how hard it was for him to make this decision?" 

I only stared back her with a loss of words. What in the world was this suppose to mean to me? I already know that when a couple breaks up, both people are affected evenly...I learned it the hard way with Hoseok and till this day, I still feel guilt, but now that I'm in Hoseok's position, I feel even worse knowing just how suffocating this feels. 

Why am i remembering Hoseok at a time like this?...it's not good for my mental state...sigh...but Mihyun is right...I forgot that I'm not the only who would be hurting from this...but why is Jungkook acting like everything is okay when it's obivously not? Why is he trying to act like nothing happened when it happened just a week ago? Or is a week ago too long? Am I overreacting?....

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't updated in such a LONG time.

I've been busy with work and family problems >_<

Still I hope you enjoy this chapter even though it was kind of rushed!

Please keep reading ^^~

Subscribe and Comment for more <3

-KaSo-sso