Day-5: Dry Tears

Lost & Found

Kiyeon's POV:

"You okay Ki?" Jimin asked with a worried voice, but the static from the skype call disrupted him. After inhaling a stuttering breath, I answered, "..yeah...somewhat..."

"Maybe it was for the better," Mihyun spoke, her voice crystal clear due to her mic quality. 

"Maybe..we'll never know," I sighed still trying to get myself to breathe normally. I could already feel the regret knawing away at my heart as I tried my best to remain calm in my dark room that seemed to just get darker and darker as the night progressed.

"Just breathe...remember to breathe," Jimin spoke calmly in my ear through my earbud. I didn't reply back and only stared up at my ceiling. I felt numb. Lifeless. Broken. I had ended things with someone who could've been my "happily ever after". My eyes teared up, but the tears didn't fall like I wanted them to. I wonder why?

The memories flashed by silently and mercilessly not giving me time to react to any of them and I felt the urge to call him to tell him i was kidding and that I was wrong and that I would still be waiting. I had the urge to tell him that I still had feelings for him and that i still wanted to be with him no matter what, but something was holding me back. My pride and my maturity. 

I wouldn't allow myself to fall into such a depressed state over a boy. Sure, we lasted a long time and he was only my 2nd boyfriend, but I wouldn't allow myself to sink that low. I'm not going to lie to myself though because who gets over a break-up in 5 days? 

I'm not going to smile and say,"I can do better." I'm not going to pretend to be happy when I'm practically dying inside. I'm not going to hold back my tears just because I don't want anyone to see me cry. I think if anything, all I can do right now is accept what happened. I have to accept that things will move forward and that I will become stronger and better.

"If this is all that's happening, I'm going to head to bed," Mihyun spoke quietly with a yawn.

"Wow, you're going to leave her while she's in this condition?" Jimin shot back abruptly. 

"She's fine, she needs to let it sink in, us being here won't do any good for her, trust me, I know. I'm her bestfriend stupid."

"Are you gonna be okay the rest of the night Kiyeon?" Jimin asked me as a second precaution.

I could only sigh and replied a small,"yes."

"Okay...if you say so..." Jimin whispered. "I'll just...I don't know..league for the rest of the night or something...goodnight...if you need anyone, call me," he spoke before he ended his call and it was just Mihyun and I.

"Cry if you need to, scream as well, don't hold it in," Mihyun said ruthlessly. 

"Haha....thanks...go to sleep...we both need some sleep," I replied dryly rubbing my eyes that were now dry.

"Mhm...goodnight," she spoke before the whole call was gone and I was alone again. A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I pulled out my earbuds from my ears. Unlike most people, I do a lot better when i'm by myself and in isolation. It helps me think more without anyone messing with my thoughts. As to where I'm surround by people and getting their opinions, I'd rather do things on my own and see how things end. Of course this requires a lot of thinking since you have to think of the consequences and the possibilities by yourself, but it works for me. And as a final reassurence, I usually go to Joy or Mihyun to hear their opinion.

I need to sleep...I don't want think of this anymore....it's over...nothing can save us anymore...

.

.

.

(NEXT DAY @ SCHOOL)

.

.

.

I felt tired, but not as drained. If anything, I felt very...lifeless. Like someone all the life out of me and just left me as a walking corpse. 

"Isn't that the bowtie he gave you from his performance?" Taehyung looked directly at me with a concerned look on his face. My eyes drifted away from his as I automatically touched the royal blue bowtie I was wearing today feeling self-concious now. I know you're probably wondering why I'm wearing something my now ex-boyfriend gave me, but let me explain. I have a tendency to remind myself about the past to the point where it'll torture me just so that I learn my lesson and that I won't forget my mistakes and regrets. To me, this bowtie is a reminder of what happened last night. A reminder that I ended things selfishly to save myself the heartbreak. A reminder that I still had feelings for him regardless of my selfish act. A reminder that I can't face him in person anymore. At least not until I'm ready.

"Yeah, what of it?" I replied nonchalently. "Can I not? It's not like it's his anymore anyway...he wore it one time..." 

"He still wore it..." Taehyung muttered crossing his arms as he leaned against the wall next to me. "Things only ended yesterday, are you sure you'll be okay?"

"I look better in it don't you think?" I joked flashing him a wide smile that seemed to make him break his stern and worried face with a smile.

" *Sighs* I guess you do," he looked at me like I was hopeless. "I guess people just don't know what they have until they lose it. It's his loss, not yours. He hasn't been on league for a few days and he hasn't told me anything...I gotta get to class, let me know if you need anything."

As Taehyung left my classroom to go to his, I was again by myself with just my thoughts eating me alive.

The reason he hasn't been on is probably because he's been skyping HER.....his bestfriend was it? What was her name again? It started with an M...but what does it matter to me? He's not important anymore...I'm suppose to be focusing on self-improvement and getting myself together so that one day when I see him again, I can show just how well I've been doing on my own....but can I really do that? Can I really get myself to accept what fate has played out?...I'm so lost.....it's scary.....my thoughts are scary.....I don't want to be lost anymore....

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hullo~

I finally got my poster made for the story~

Go take a look and tell me what you think ^^

I know, I know it's a short chapter, but honestly...

On Day-6 of my break-up,

I didn't have much to say.

Although I had all those dangerous thoughts, I felt too numb to feel anything.

But I'm better now that's all that matters right? ^^~

I hope you're enjoying the story so far!

Subscribe and Comment for more <3

-KaSo-sso