Day-4: My Decision

Lost & Found

Kiyeon's (You) POV:

"So do you have an idea on what to give her for her birthday?" Jungkook asked me keeping his eyes on the road. I looked out the passenger window trying my best to seem normal. I dreaded for this day to come. We had only started out on this "break" 4 days ago. How was I suppose to act?!

"I wanted to give her a necklace or at least a bracelete. Something that represents our friendship?" I replied quietly fiddling with my hands. God dammit, why do i feel so awkward...

"We should get her bath bombs, she'd love those," Jungkook joked with a smile. I couldn't tell if he was comofrtable or not, but I just laughed along anyway to ease any tension. Mihyun loved taking baths, so buying her a bath bomb didn't sound too bad since every time we went shopping, she bought a new one. I would glance at Jungkook from time to time when it got quiet to see his facial expression, but he didn't seem too bothered. If anything, he seemed okay. He was acting as if everything was normal. Like we were friends again, but I honestly didn't know if we were even considered friends at this point. 

I wanted to ask him straightfowardly if there was a chance for us to get back together, but I'm a coward at heart, so I knew no matter how resolute I was, it wasn't going to happen. At least not in person. I wanted to ask him what that video on his IG was all about. I wanted to know his answers from his mouth. I wanted to know whether I needed to give up or not, but who am i to care about something that might never happen?

When we arrived at the mall, we stopped by a coffee shop to grab Jungkook some coffee. I didn't drink coffee so I just ordered hot chocolate.

"We came to a coffee shop, not a hot chocolate shop you," Jungkook frowned looking at my hot chocolate in my hand. I raised an eyebrow at him and rolled my eyes playfully. 

"Don't judge my preferences, besides you should know I don't drink coffee," I replied taking a sip of my hot choco. The warmth filled my lungs with chocolatey goodness making my mood spike up. 

"Arasseo, arasseo, c'mon, let's go look for her present," he spoke again as he started walking towards the bath bomb shop. We saw so many different types of bath bombs that it was overwhelming. The place itself smelled really strong of various mixed scents that it overwhelmed me and I had to go back out to take a breather. I kind of had a general idea of what Mihyun had already tried since she always called me to tell me what kind of bath bomb she got, so we picked 3 of them that we knew she didn't try yet.

"You sure she hasn't tried these?" Jungkook looked inside the bag and smelled them only to pull back right away since the scent was still strong.

"Pretty sure, she says she hasn't been to the store lately since finals and such," I replied throwing my empty cup of hot chocolate. "I hope you know that this is MY present to her. YOU need to buy a different present."

Jungkook looked at me with a gaping mouth as if to say, "WHAT?"

"Wait, are you serious?" he questioned swinging the bag back and forth, his tone slightly disappointed. "But I don't have money."

"Well isn't that too bad?" I stuck my tongue out at him. 

"Wow~ using me as your driver just to buy this stuff, pft, I should charge you for my services," he smartly commented back. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye and glared at him playfully. For a moment, just for a moment, I could feel us falling back to our old petty arguments like we used to. For a moment, it was like nothing ever happened between us and we were still dating.

We continued to walk around the store just kind of window shopping and occasionally tried on clothes for hours until it was time for lunch. Because we were both fattys who loved to eat, we picked a french cafe that served pasta and such, but like I said before, when you think things are going as planned, something comes along saying, "NOPE."

"Oh? Jungkook-ah!" I heard voices call out. Jungkook turned his head and looked at a group of people whom I'd never met nor seen before as we sat down at our table.

"Oh hey guys," Jungkook answered back to them cooly with a bright smile. 

"What're you doing here?" a girl with blonde hair asked him with a wide grin. 

"Just stopping by for some lunch with my friend," he replied without hesitation. The word "friend" made my heart squeeze, but I ignored it and pretended to be looking at the menu.

"Whoa, Jungkook-ah, who knew you had friends," one of the guys playfully objexcted. "And a cute one at that."

I looked up from the menu and looked at Jungkooks group of friends. They all seemed to lively and close with him. It made me slightly jealous.

"Annyeonghaseyo.." I smiled awkwardly while greeting them wth a nod. "It's nice to meet you..."

They all just kind of stared at me with big eyes after my greeting. Wh-what is this?....This tension....I don't like it....c'mon waiter...hurry up...

As if on cue, a waiter appeared quickly saving me from the awkward moment and asked,"What would you like to order today?"

"We're just sharing one plate right?" Jungkook asked sitting next to me as if it was normal. I only nodded and let him do the rest of the ordering. I had no confidence in ordering stuff more or less talking to strangers in public. Is that only me? 

While waiting for our order, Jungkook talked with his friends majority of the time while I listened and didn't say a word. I didn't know he had any friends inside of school to be honest with you. He never really talked about them. I mean he occasionally did, but I didn't think he was able to converse with them so naturally since he was very picky about his friend selection. I didn't talk due to several reasons. I felt it would be rude to just suddenly jump in and try to relate to something that wasn't even relavent to me. I also felt like I was misplaced. I didn't know these people so I couldn't be friendly with them so quickly. 

They would occasionally try to include me in their topics, but I would reply with such short answers that even I surprised myself at how uncooperative I was being. 

"Sorry for the wait," the waiter rounded a corner and had his hands full of pasta plates. When he made his way to our table, it was one large plate full of Chicken Alfredo Pasta and I must say, it smelled so good!

"Well aren't we lucky we only ordered one plate? There's so much..." Jungkook finally spoke directly to me. I grabbed a small plate they provided and started getting my own seperate plate so that we wouldn't have to struggle with eating in one plate. We didn't really say anything to each other while eating. Jungkook was in his own world with his friends and I was just in my own world in general. It was at this point where I felt the "break" between us. I thought, "Oh, so this is how it feels to be distant..."

.

.

.

(AFTER LUNCH)

.

.

.

After we got done eating, Jungkook said goodbye to his friends and we continued to walk around the mall. I was ready to go home, but I didn't want to say anything since he seemed to be having a good time. While walking, we got distracted by a random piano in the corner of the floor by a pole. No one seemed to be playing and it seemed like anyone could play if they wanted to.

"Ou, I want to play," i said on impulse and quickly sat down on the piano bench. The piano itself seemed rather old, but the sound was alright. 

"It's kind of out of tune, but to an ordinary person it should sound fine," Jungkook pressed the key as he leaned against the piano comfortably. Without any kind of hint to him, I started playing. I only knew a bit of piano. It wasn't like Mozart or Bach level, but I could play simple songs and knew basic chords. Before I could stop myself, i started singing along with it as well. I wasn't a bad singer, but I wasn't that great either. I'm those kind of singers that sing for school musicals and plays, but when I'm performing in public, I tend to forget where I am and perform like I'm really on stage. I don't pay attention to my surroundings or anything in general.

Jungkook at one point did encourage me to transfer to his school so we could perform together, but I prefered to stay at a place where I knew people rather than starting over and depending on him.

Once the song I was playing was over, I inhaled and exhaled deeply to shake my nerves off. Right away I looked at Jungkook with sparkling eyes waiting to hear his comments, but froze. When our eyes met, I couldn't read them. Not that I could read them in the first place, but as of right now in the moment, he seemed like a completely different person. I don't know who this is....I don't know who he is anymore...He doesn't belong to me...

"M-maybe we should head back now," I stuttered composing myself and throwing away my thoughts for later. Now isn't the time to be thinking such irrational things...

"Wait let's take a picture," he suddenly said sitting down next to me on the piano bench. He pulled out his phone and held it out an arms length away. Preparing myself, I slowly smiled, but I felt a hand lace it's fingers through mine. Although I was tempted to look at what he was doing, he started counting down.

"Hana, dul, set!" he said before clicking the picture button. We looked at the picture afterwards and I gave him a thumbs up with my free hand only to feel him suddenly release my hand. The confusion was so real once we stood up to walk back to where we parked our car. During the whole car ride, all I could feel was my heart squeezing. My breathing had become ragged again and my head hurt everytime I tried to think of anything. I couldn't bring myself to look at him either. The questions I wanted to ask now seemed impossible to even speak. It had to be today. Why you ask? Because if I didn't say anything today, I would end up torturing myself again and I don't want that. I needed to either fix things or end things officially. I wanted to mend my heart as fast as I could so I wouldn't feel pathetic for crying all the time.

By the time I made up my mind, we had already arrived at my house. We sat in silence for a few seconds before he opened his arms for a hug and said,"Well it was fun today, I hope Mihyun loves her present."

With my mind blank, I hugged him back feeling a part of my heart tare away and stay with him. Somehow I felt like this would be the last time I see him for a long time. I knew it and yet I couldn't say anything except for, "Thank you. It was fun."

Then I got out of the car and without looking back, I went inside my house feeling regret, but knowing full well what I needed to do tonight.

"I have to end this...I can't stand it," I fell to my knees once I got to my room. All of my emotions came out at once, but I didn't cry. I didn't want to do it, but I knew I needed to. To save myself and to stop holding him back from progressing further in life. I pulled out my phone to see if I had any text messages and I had 3 messages I forgot to check.

The first one was from Taehyung:

Although I'm angry at him for making you feel so heart broken, I think you should wait for him. Wait to see what'll happen in the future. I believe he'll be back soon. 

I didn't know what to think of the message, so I went to the next one which was from Taehyung's girlfriend. It merely said, Wait for him.

Then there was Jimin's:

If you're going to end things, I want to be there to help you through it. Skype me tonight.

Immeditally I put on my comfortable clothes and set Mihyun's birthday present aside while hopping into bed preparing myself mentally and emotionally for tonight. Then I started the skype call on my laptop with Mihyun, Jimin and Taehyung. If anything, I needed reassurence that this was the right thing to do in case I chickened out like earlier today. I had finally found my answer and it was time for me to stop crying over this thing they called love. One by one as they started to answer, I started texting my message to Jungkook. 

To: Kookie

I should be saying this to you in person or I should be at least calling you. I should've talked about it earlier today actually...but I've been thinking about it a lot...too much actually...I figured it if I were to face you to talk about it, I would probably break down and cry or something haha. And I wouldn't be able to say the words I want to say....to get to the point....I think I just...I need to end this weird relationship thing we have right now...It's been really hard on me these past couple days trying to remember that you're not my boyfriend anymore and I've been torturing both my mind and heart way too much thinking about this and it's hard trying to pretend I can handle it without worrying anyone when I really can't...I would wait for you as long as I could...I really would, but I just can't keep making unrealistic scenarios in my head of us being happy when right now I'm not even an option...I want to believe I can do it and that we'll be back together, but there's another part of me that's telling me to let you go and enjoy your life....you aren't holding me back...but I think it's ME holding YOU back...even today when you suddenly took the picture of us....we don't need to take pictures every time we go out now...I'm no longers yours and youre no longer mine. Deep down I wished you hadn't done that because it shook my resolution...when I remember all the memories randomly, it makes me regret I couldn't give anything back to you...I don't want you to find someone new but if it comes down to it...then please do...maybe...maybe in a few months...or maybe years...maybe in a different time we can make things work out...Maybe when I'm sure that I can make you happy...and keep you happy...we'll find our way back to each other...but as of now...I don't want to hold onto someone who has so much ahead of them...who has so much to live for...Right now...I just need some time by myself...as an independent girl trying to find out what I'm going to do with my life and maybe if I still like you...or if I have any type of attatchment at all, we can start over...but these are only ifs...as of right now...my feelings probably won't change for awhile because I need time to pick myself up together...but don't worry. I'm okay was of now and I don't want you to think this is all your fault...focus on school and your priorities okay? ^^ I wish you luck <3

.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hey guys~

Sorry if this chapter seemed too fast TT^TT

I got excited about the ending lol.

The ending text message is actually something I sent to my ex :PP

Well majority of it is true anyway~

Have you ever ending things because it was just too hard to be okay? How did you deal with it?

Let me know in the comments below so I can maybe incorporate it into the story ^^

Don't forget to Subscribe and Comment!

Thanks for reading <3

-KaSo-sso