Nine

Unexpected Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Apologies! Unedited and short!

 

 

Baekhyun was a believer in soul mates and absolutely believed he had found his. And yeah, maybe that made him sound a little childish in some ways, but he was a romantic. His idea of love was finding someone as weird and annoying as he was and spending the rest of his life with that person, and Chanyeol was that exactly.

Kyungsoo often told him he was ridiculous.

As cliché as it was, Baekhyun often liked to reminisce his and Chanyeol’s history. Lying on his backside on the bed with Chanyeol occupying the shower, Baekhyun thought back to their first meeting and how perfect it was for them.

“Don’t you dare throw that at me, Byun Baekhyun,” Kyungsoo warned his friend, eyes blazing in a nonverbal threat to the other man.

Baekhyun, who was holding a perfectly shaped snowball in a throwing position and aiming it in Kyungsoo’s direction, smiled teasingly. “C’mon!” he called out. “Play with me!”

“Play with those little heathens you work with tomorrow,” Kyungsoo argued in return. “There will still be plenty of snow.”

“But if I hit one of them in the face I could get in trouble.”

Kyungsoo glared, staring at his ex-boyfriend suspiciously. “Are you planning on throwing that in my face?” he questioned, pointing an accusing finger at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun shrugged, choosing to say nothing as it was probably the safer option, but his eyes did the talking for him. Absolutely and it would be hilarious.

“You’re despicable,” Kyungsoo groaned with disgust, turning to walk away with his hands tucked into his warmed pockets.

Except Baekhyun didn’t care of the consequences, the child within him too peaked with mischief, and he threw the snowball anyway, grinning widely as he watched the snowball came in contact with Kyungsoo’s back.

Kyungsoo stopped abruptly and Baekhyun felt great satisfaction as his friend turned around, looking back with an irritated expression. “Was that fun to you?” he asked, thoroughly unamused.

Baekhyun smiled. “It would be more fun if you threw on back,” he said flirtatiously, trying to urge the other man to join him in normal winter fun activities.

Surrendering with a heavy sigh, Kyungsoo knelt down and grabbed a few handfuls of snow quickly before throwing it at Baekhyun who dodged it easily.

They continued on like that for a while, throwing packed snow at each other outside Baekhyun’s apartment complex, Kyungsoo’s snowballs often times missing Baekhyun’s agile body. Before long, Kyungsoo’s clothes were covered in white and Baekhyun’s not so much, but it was plain as day that the two were enjoying themselves in the winter world.

Baekhyun cackled loudly when Kyungsoo slipped and landed on his , gathered, and gathered more snow before Kyungsoo could move away.

However by the time Baekhyun had gotten around to throwing the snowball, Kyungsoo had managed to miraculously dodge it and Baekhyun watched on in horror at the snowball hurtling at the stranger that decided to walk around the corner at that moment, and colliding with the nameless man’s unsuspecting face.

The man was all, giant-like almost, and has the most ridiculous perm Baekhyun had the misfortune of seeing in his life. The remnants of snow fell from the man’s face re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter