Seven

Unexpected Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the typos! I'll go back to fix those later.

 

Lu Han was tired and lonely. After talking with Sehun that one day he thought he could handle the loss of the younger man, but proved himself wrong. He desperately missed him. Lu Han missed the constant texts, he missed the feeling of looking forward to seeing him for lunches and their dates.

It was rough.

Though he had dwelled on the many possibilities upon his coming out, over the course of the past week things were changing for Lu Han, quite rapidly so as he thought about the occurrences in the previous days. It had been difficult for him, battling the conflicting emotions within him; Maybe I should have kept it to myself, Sehun is never going to want to see me again, and so forth. So imagine Lu Han's surprise when a couple of his coworkers came giggling up to him when he was finishing up his shift.

"Lu Hua, your boyfriend is waiting for you outside," Sunyoung said gleefully, eyes lit with excitement.

"I want a boyfriend," Jinri added, dreamily. "Then I would have someone to walk me home." Lu Han's eyes widened in surprise.

"Really? Sehun is outside?" Lu Han asked in disbelief.

"Yes, doesn't he usually walk you home when he doesn't have class?" Sunyoung assumed, slightly confused.

"Come to think of it," Jinri began, her finger pressed to her chin as she thought aloud. "I haven't seen him come by in a while..."

"You have seen a little down lately," Sunyoung added, looking conceded. "Did you two fight?"

"No," Lu Han said quickly, feeling uncomfortable under the pair of girls' stares. "We've both just been busy is all."

That seemed to get the girls going once again because the pair suddenly squealed excitedly.

"Aw! He's busy but he's still making an effort to walk you home!"

"He's so sweet! Does he have a brother?"

The two girls got lost in their excited chatter and Lu Han snuck away from them to peek out the department store window. Sure enough, Lu Han spotted the familiar tall man sitting on the bench with a taro bubble tea.

Lu Han nearly cried when he felt his heart start fluttering just by looking at him. Damn, he had missed Sehun.

Lu Han gathered his things from the storage room and clocked out before stepping out into the chilly air, walking right up to Sehun.

"Um...hi," Sehun said rather nervously, standing up from the bench upon Lu Han's approach. "I got you this."

Lu Han took the bubble tea Sehun offered him, a grateful smile forming on his lips. "Thank you," he said happily. "It's really good to see you, Sehun."

The air between them was a mixture of nervousness and awkwardness, both simply standing there, but both saw the silent relief in each other’s' eyes just from being close. Lu Han noticed the way Sehun avoided calling him by name, but that didn't really bother him. It was going to be a process. And Sehun still thought Lu Hua looked particularly beautiful, even without makeup not that she regularly wore it--he, shoot. Sehun trashed that thought quickly.

"Can we...hang out?" Sehun then asked timidly, trying to conceal his inner panic. A quirky smile broke out on his face as he said it.

Lu Han nodded vigorously, "Yeah, of course, but um..."

"Did you have plans?" Sehun's smile faltered, realizing he was intruding on his girlfrie--Lu Han's predetermined plans.

Lu Han shrugged, "I actually had a hair appointment. I can cancel if you want to hang out."

Oh, was that it? Sehun then looked at Lu Han's lengthy hair, soft and shiny, and realized something.

Oh.

"Um...are you getting it cut off?" he asked in a guttural voice.

Lu Han nodded, confirming his thoughts, and answered with a faint touch to his own hair, "I figured it was the right time for me to get rid of all this extra weight." He meant it in a literal and figurative way; long hair represented the female part of him that made him look like a woman, but it wasn't for him. He wanted a new look to suit his new life.

Lu Han noticed the down crested look reflecting from Sehun's face. Lu Han bit his lip, feeling bad for making the change despite Sehun's reluctance, which he knew the younger boy would feel because of this.

"I can cancel," Lu Han insisted, not wanting to make Sehun uncomfortable.

Sehun gulped thickly, "No, I turned up unexpectedly. What time is your appointment? I'll walk with you."

Lu Han looked hesitant, but answered, "Seven."

Sehun checked his phone. "It's thirty minutes to. We should go then," he said, looking at Lu Han expectantly.

"Yeah..."

They walked together, neither one saying much for the majority of the walk. Not liking the silence, or quite frankly the way Sehun's face looked thinner and paler than usual, Lu Han was the first to speak up. "How have you been, Sehun?" he asked.

Sehun shrugged. "I haven't been sleeping well," he confessed, knowing Lu Han would know if he lied. "And I really miss you. I really hate not being with you."

Lu Han smiled timidly, feeling his body heat up with the words. "I really missed you too, Hun."

"Jongin sort of snapped some sense into me this morning, and I realized I need you in my life."

Lu Han looked up, surprised. "You talked to Jongin?"

"He thought we had a fight. I didn't say anything else about the matter since I figured you might want to do that yourself...," Sehun muttered, staring do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter