Five

Unexpected Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just a reminder, this takes place right after Jongin and Kyungsoo meet at the restuarant. Sorry for any typos.

 

Jongin was always prone to bad luck, but now he sincerely the universe had some sort of grudge against him.

“Oh, h-hey…,” Jongin said awkwardly, fear rooting within himself as fierce eyes stared him down. He never thought he’d run into the nameless man who the owned the apartment he tried to rob after the attempt.

He was really hoping he could just put it all behind him and never think of it again. Apparently the universe had other plans.

“Since this is our second time meeting, I’m expecting you to introduce yourself,” the shorter man said, looking expectantly down at Jongin who anxiously squirmed in his seat, ignoring his friend who stared questioningly between them.

“Er, I don’t know if it’s really necessary—”

“Or I could just call the cops right now if you’d like.”

“Kim Jongin,” Jongin blurted out at the mention of the authorities. “Please, you can do whatever you want, but please do not call the police on me.”

Kyungsoo noticed the sudden look in alarm the other student’s expression as he watched silently. Taking another look at the dark skinned hooligan, he looked completely clumsy and harmless. How did this person decide he wanted to be a criminal? And a failure of one at that…

“Well, Kim Jongin, I am Do Kyungsoo. You broke into my apartment last week,” Kyungsoo said, watching in amusement as the boy named Jongin chewed on his lip uncomfortably and the other boy widen suddenly, gulping.

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes at the other nameless student.

“You knew about it, didn’t you?” he guessed unquestioningly, no longer feeling that amused.

“That’s Sehun and it was his idea!” Jongin squeaked, pointing a finger at his friend he just ratted out.

“Dude! I wasn’t even serious to begin with!” Sehun hissed, glaring at his idiot friend. He looked up at the glaring Kyungsoo earnestly, trying not to show any anxiousness. “Listen, I had nothing to do with this idiot’s plan, alright? I was nowhere near your place when he decided to break in.”

Jongin scoffed as he rolled his eyes at his friend’s words. “Traitor,” he grumbled under his breath.

Kyungsoo pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. “I don’t care if he was part of it since you’re the one who broke in, alright? Look, I’m here because you broke a valuable in my home and I’m demanding sufficient payment for it.”

Jongin froze, an ugly feeling taking root in his stomach as he recalled what happened that night. It’s true, he did break something valuable. , he broke the urn in the guy’s home and it was obviously sentimental.

Bow his head, Jongin looked at Kyungsoo apologetically. “I’m really, truly sorry for breaking your urn. I’ll pay to replace it and then we can move on from this disaster,” he negotiated, digging into his pocket to pull out his wallet.

Except Kyungsoo wasn’t satisfied. “That won’t do,” he said, making Jongin pause, and continued with the excuse Baekhyun had told him to say. “That vase was a family heirloom and a highly expensive one. It can’t be replaced and I highly doubt you could offer me a sufficient amount for it seeing as you were breaking into my home for a reason. And in addition to all of that, you also proceeded to ually assault me.”

Sehun, who’d been sipping his water, began hacking violently at the sudden mention of ual assault. “You what?!” he shrieked at Jongin who looked equally as stunned.

“I didn’t—what are you—what?” Jongin squeezed, feeling blood rush to his face. He probably looked like a tomato, but that was hardly an issue.

“You asked to make out with me.”

“That hardly counts as ual assault and I didn’t mean it!”

“Dude, what the hell were you thinking?” Sehun muttered, shaking his head in disbelief as he leaned back in his chair.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “It was an unwelcome advance on me and I’m sure the police would definitely count it as harassment.”

Kyungsoo felt a certain satisfaction in watching Jongin slump guiltily and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter