Two

Unexpected Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I apologize for the typos!!

 

Jongin slammed the door to his and Sehun’s shared apartment, ignoring the younger’s startled yell and stomped to his room before throwing himself into the bed after stripping of his clothes minus his underwear.

Throwing the blankets atop of him and burying his face in his pillow, he screamed his muffled frustrations, mentally hitting himself for even trying something so stupid. , he nearly died, twice. And almost went to jail.

God, he was such an idiot.

He barely slept that night, too busy thinking about his short lived burglary career and that cute and astoundingly menacing home owner (not that he was that cute, okay).

The next morning was a rough one. He’d managed to sleep a couple of hours but it wasn’t nearly enough that he needed and he felt nauseas and sluggish, and dammit why couldn’t he have another version of him to go to classes.

He shrugged on some clothes that were lying on the floor, grabbing his backpack before making his way to the kitchen where he was met with his roommate Sehun (the jerk) eating what looked to be a bowl of crushed Oreos and milk.

Jongin’s lips formed a thin line as he stared at Sehun’s food choice in annoyance. “Please tell me those are not the last of the Oreos I was saving…”

“Okay, they’re not, but we’re gonna need to get more,” Sehun answered, his mouth half full of his Oreo cereal.

Lost in irritation, Jongin slammed his hand down on the table loudly, startling Sehun.

“Dude, chill! They’re just cookies!”

“I’m so going to kill you.”

“What’d I do this time?!”

“Dude, what do you think?” Jongin’s eye twitched as he thought of the previous night’s events.

Sehun stared blankly at his angry friend before he finally remembered. “Oh, that,” he said. “So did you do it?”

Jongin huffed, sinking into the chair across from his friend, resting his elbows on the tabletop. “No. I couldn’t even manage to break in without the guy’s help,” he moaned pathetically.

Sehun perked his head up. “What guy?”

“The owner of the apartment I was breaking into.”

Sehun deadpanned. “You mean to tell me that you actually needed help breaking into the apartment from the guy who owned it?”

Jongin nodded, looking ashamed. Sehun shook his head in disbelief.

“Wow. That is pathetic. Jongin, you’re pathetic!”

“No need to remind me! I’m lucky he decided not to call to cops on me! Yet, that is,” Jongin exclaimed, running his hands through his messy hair, clearly stressed. “And I know it’s pathetic, but you try climbing to the third level and try to open a locked window!”

“Which I’m assuming the guy unlocked for you. Was there a fire escape?”

“No! I was like ing Spider Man, the way I climbed that wall!”

Sehun squinted his eyes. “Dude, why did you even go up that high? Why not bust into one of the ground level apartments and not try to kill yourself?”

Jongin shrugged, not sure how to answer that. “I don’t know, it just seemed cooler.”

“Well, it was a failure. Was the guy pissed?”

“Yes, naturally. And man, I thought he was going to kill me, he was so intimidating! I almost jumped right back out the window!” He purposely left out the part where he thought the guy was cute.

Sehun shook his head as he processed Jongin’s story. “Did he ask what you were doing?”

Jongin nodded. “Yeah, and uh…it’s a good thing I got outta there when I did. I didn’t even mention the worst part of it all.”

“And what is the worst part?” Sehun asked skeptically.

“I broke the urn in his living room.”

Sehun’s jaw dropped in shock, eyes wide as he watch Jongin sulk once again. “You’re kidding!”

“I wish.”

“, I’m glad I decided not to go.”

Jongin’s eyes narrowed. “You don’t seem at all concerned for my wellbeing.”

“Well you’re here and breathing, aren’t you? Now, did the guy have muscles?”

Jongin sighed before answering, “Not that I could tell. He was wearing a shirt, but his arms didn’t look very muscular.” However, they looked smooth and soft, even in the dark and he sort of wished he could have touched them.

“Huh, and what about tattoos?” Sehun continued as if marking off a mental checklist.

“Er, again not that I could see.”

“Uh huh, and was he tall?”

“No, not really. I mean, I was taller than him by quite a bit.”

Sehun’s eyes closed. “So you got outmanned by a most likely harmless dude?”

“Hey!” Jongin exclaimed offensively. “If you’d seen the guy, you would’ve hightailed it the other way, too!”

“Maybe, maybe not. I guess we’ll never find out, will we?” Sehun teased cheekily, leaning back in his chair.

Jongin felt nearly ready to smack his so-called friend upside the head, but was interrupted by a knocking on the door. “Is that Lu Hua?”

Sehun nodded, standing up and dumping his bowl in the sink. “Yeah. She said she wanted to talk to me about something. You have classes today?”

“Yeah, I should probably get going,” Jongin answered, following Sehun to the door to say a quick hello and grabbed his shoes, slipping them on quickly.

Sehun opened the front door revealing his longtime girlfriend, dressed in her usual tomboy attire of jeans and Manchester United hoodie.

“Hey, baby,” Sehun said, leaning down and pecking her cheek as she entered the apartment.

“’Sup, Lu Hua?” Jongin greeted her, waving from behind Sehun, smiling brightly at the older woman.

Lu Hua rolled her eyes before grinning at Jongin. “Even after three years of dating Sehun, you’re still calling me by my full name?”

Jongin shrugged. “It’s got a nice ring to it, don’tcha think?”

“If you say so.”

Jongin noticed Lu Hua’s smile falter quickly and judging by her slightly slumped figure, it was apparent she probably wasn’t in the best of moods. He thought it best not to ask since she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter