Three

Unexpected Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Excuse the typos.

 

Kyungsoo considered himself lucky the he assumed was trying to break in left when he did otherwise Kyungsoo would have had a murder charge on his head, but he was livid beyond measure. His hands were trembling with rage as he plucked up the shards of the broken urn off the floor and into the trash, and carefully brushed the scattered ashes into a bowl.

He hoped his older brother wasn’t angry about the incident from beyond the grave, but it wasn’t his fault. Ryeowook could get his revenge on the idiot that knocked him over.

Kyungsoo made sure to lock his bedroom window before he went back to bed. While he tossed and turned beneath the covers, his thoughts remained on the (ugly) dark-skinned burglar and (not) handsomely tall demeanor until he drifted off to sleep.

The remainder of the week continued as it always with him resting in his swivel chair as he poured over mountains of books and fingers dancing over the keyboard as he typed quickly, glasses perched on the bridge of his nose. He made a living as a professional translator, choosing against working with people and instead translated novels, newspaper articles, and textbooks.

Thankfully there were no more repeats of the eventful night earlier in the week and Kyungsoo chose to ignore the lingering sensation of anticipation every time he looked in the direction of the window.

Kyungsoo didn’t leave his apartment very often unless it was for buying groceries. He did at least succumb to his friend’s insistent argument to hang out on the weekends, usually a Sunday, despite Kyungsoo’s wishes to sleep in.

"Soo! Kyungsoo-yah! Get out of that ing bed! I need to rub something in your face!"

Kyungsoo groaned and hid his face in his pillow, trying to block at the annoying yelling of his best friend. , it was a Sunday and all he wanted to do was sleep in super late. He thoroughly regretted giving the intrusive idiot a key to his place.

“Kyungsoo!” his friend yelled insistently from the other side of Kyungsoo’s closed bedroom door.

“, what the hell do you want, asshat!?” Kyungsoo finally screamed from underneath his blankets, thoroughly irritated.

Without waiting for permission to entered, Baekhyun burst through the door, clad in his black blouse with shiny sequins and hot pink ripped jeans, and well, pink everything, and all dolled up with his eyeliner on point and a pink sparkly headband. Ah, so it’s one of those days, Kyungsoo thought to himself.

"I'm ing queer, Soo! I'm a flaming homoual and I just wanted to make that very clear to you!"

“…You're an idiot.”

Baekhyun ignored him, and continued yelling, “Kyungsoo, accept me for who I am!”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at his friend’s idiocy, forcing himself out of the warmth of his bed. “For some stupid reason I do, and I told you this three years ago.”

“I know, but I needed to throw my gay in your face! Be queer with me!”

“Aren't I already? And , would you stop screaming!” Kyungsoo growled before punching Baekhyun’s arms repeatedly until the man was begging him to stop.

“Stop trying to kill me! The bruises won't go with my outfit”

“I think the bruises would be an improvement.”

“Kyungsoo, you’re so mean!” Baekhyun whined loudly, flinging himself on his friend’s bed.

Kyungsoo slapped his idiot friend’s , very hard and making the other man yelp in surprise, before literally pushing him onto the floor. “Why, of all days, did you come here? You should have gone to Chanyeol’s,” Kyungsoo grumbled, crossing his arms in disdain.  

Fake sniffling, Baekhyun rubbed his right elbow which happened to make contact with the hard floor after the fall. “He has that sport thing today, you know that."

"Baekhyun, he plays basketball. It’s called basketball."

"Yeah, that. Do the thing, win the points, and all that jazz. Anyway it doesn’t matter, I got lonely."

“At ten in the morning?”

“Yes. The sun’s out and ready to play, and you’re in bed wasting your life—”

“I’m not wasting my life—”

“You’re wasting your life!”

Kyungsoo sighed and reached for his bat beside his bed (he'd made it a habit to sleep with it near him ever since that incident with the idiot outside his window), and suddenly Baekhyun jumped to his feet in alarm.

“Kyungsoo, do you really think it’s worth it to kill me and go to prison?!” Baekhyun squeaked, nervously looking at his friend with the bat in his hand.

Quirking his eyebrow, Kyungsoo looks to his friend with a skeptical look. “Stop, you’re making a fool of yourself. I’m just moving this out of the way.” Kyungsoo takes the bat and tucks it away in his closet. It was just cluttering his space anyway and he really disliked the angle it was sitting at.

“Oh,” Baekhyun says, calming down. “Well in that case, get some clothes on—”

“Clearly I am already wearing clothes,” Kyungsoo counters, pointing at his Frozen pajama pants.

“No,” Baekhyun counters, “I mean real clothes. I want to go shopping or something today and get food. I’m hungry.”

“You’re so demanding.”

“Kyungsoo, I demand you take me on a date!”

Kyungsoo nearly choked, a garbled sound escaping his throat while he stared at Baekhyun wide eyed like his friend had grown a second head. “Are you drunk?”

Baekhyun sighed dramatically, exasperated. “Not this particular morning, but I’m very bored and you know how annoyingly persistent I am, so you best get dressed and go out with me.”

“But—”

“I repeat, I’m very annoying and persistent!”

“Fine! For ’s sake!”

Baekhyun smiled, proud of his accomplishment. “Yay! Kyungsoo’s going to be my boyfriend today!”

“Like I’d date someone as annoying as you.”

Baekhyun smirked as he crossed his arms, “But you did once upon a time, so the joke's on you!"

“We broke up because you met Chanyeol, .”

“Let me pick out your outfit.”

“No.”

“Please? You’re just going to wear black, as usual, even though you have colored clothes in the back of your closet. It's like your clothes represent your uality,” Baekhyun said as he made his way to Kyungsoo’s closet, opening the doors swiftly.

“And that doesn't even make sense,” Kyungsoo muttered.

"Jeez, take a joke, Soo."

Kyungsoo sighed and rolled his eyes in annoyance. "I like my black clothes," he said weakly.

“And you look great in them, but I want to dress you differently today.”

Kyungsoo didn’t bother to argue and sat patiently on the bed, waiting for the worst. He frowned when he heard Baekhyun giggling to himself as he picked through his closet.

“I think we should make you look very gay today.”

“What?” Kyungsoo’s head whipped around, startled.

“And you can say y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter