Eight

Unexpected Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't think I'm going to regret this arrangement."

"I don't think I'm going to regret this arrangement."

What the hell is wrong with me, Kyungsoo thought to himself, astounded. He lie quietly in bed that evening finding it more difficult than usual to find sleep, especially since the recent events from earlier that day were lingering in the back of his mind.

That stupid kid wasn't that great at cleaning anyway. Jongin had forgotten to take out the trash when he'd finished up and put nearly all of Kyungsoo's books away in a horrendously disorganized fashion, but Kyungsoo saw how hard the kid worked despite not wanting to be there in the first place. And then heartless Kyungsoo had let his guard down and actually praised him and bid him goodnight like a decent person. It was so unusual and unexpected that that Kyungsoo's stomach actually felt oddly unsettled because he just wasn't nice to anybody, especially burglars.

After several moments of lying silently in the darkness of his bedroom, he finally grabbed his phone with a helpless groan and called his number one on speed dial.

"H-Hey, Kyungsoo," Baekhyun said, a noticeable hitch in his voice as he answered the phone.

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes suspiciously. "Are you getting ed or doing your late night yoga again?" he asked in disgust.

"Yo-ga," Baekhyun panted. "You're on speaker by the way. I was too busy to do it this morning so I'm doing it now. I need to look good."

"And you look ing gorgeous doing what you're doing," Baekhyun's boyfriend Chanyeol's voice said through the phone.

Kyungsoo grimaced. "Ugh, you're doing late night yoga?"

"Yes because I'm sweating and I hate wearing clothes when I sweat."

"That man of yours is going to jump you."

"Nah, he won't, I've got him trained. He knows we can't have until I'm done and thoroughly slick."

"Ew, I dont want to hear about it."

"What, us having ? Why not? You used to sleep with me."

"And it was gross."

"You're so mean!" Baekhyun whined loudly into the phone, hurting Kyungsoo's ear.

"You're into weird and it's gross," Kyungsoo complained, rubbing his forehead.

"Oh hey, have you asked Kyungsoo about that thing yet?" Kyungsoo heard Chanyeol ask his boyfriend.

"You're on speaker, you derp," Kyungsoo said, reminding him.

"Oh, okay. Kyungsoo, do you want to have a ?"

"You're both s. And the answer is no, like it always is."

"Fine, but let us know if you change your mind," Chanyeol told him through the phone before walking away, the sound of his footsteps fading as he left the room.

"You're boyfriend is gross, too," Kyungsoo added, rolling his eyes. "You guys deserve each other."

"I'm going to ignore that last statement of yours. Did you call just to criticize our active life?"

"No, I just...can't sleep," Kyngsoo said, sighing to himself as he lie alone. He felt ing pathetic.

"What's bothering you?" Baekhyun asked, the tone in his boyfriend now leveled. Kyungsoo assumed he was taking a break from his yoga.

"Why do you think something is bothering me?"

"Because you're calling me first and you never do that, so obviously there's something on your mind."

"I hate you."

"Yeah I already know that. What's up?"

Kyungsoo rolled onto his side. "...That kid came over today," he told his ex, his voice sounding much softer.

"Oh, your new housekeeper?"

"Yeah, Kim Jongin. It was his first day."

"But you just met him yesterday."

"Yes, but my place was in desperate need of cleaning."

"Alright, can't argue with that. So how'd it go?"

"He was quiet at least," Kyungsoo started. "But he didn't take out the trash and I had to reorganize the books because he just threw them in the shelves without thinking of organizing them by genre."

"Did you tell him they needed to be organized by genre?"

"....No, but isn't it obvious they should be shelved that way?"

"I don't."

"Yeah but you're dumb."

"Yes you've told me that. Next time just tell him. So did he fail to meet your expectations?" Baekhyun then asked.

Kyungsoo bit his lip. "Not exactly. He worked hard and..."

"...What, what?"

"I may have said something nice."

"You showed your human side?" Baekhyun laughed into the phone, making Kyungsoo frown.

"I guess so. Dammit, what is wrong with me? He's not going to be intimidated by me anymore."

"Maybe that's a good thing, though."

"What are you on about now?"

"Don't you think you should try dating again?"

"What? No!"

"But it sounds like you might have a crush!" Baekhyun whined, making Kyungsoo's ears bleed.

"What are you going on about? I don't have a crush, that's stupid."

"But it sounds like you do!"

"He came over drenched in sweat from his dance classes and it was gross, and he smelled," Kyungsoo blurted out. "There's nothing likeable about looking messy and unprofessional."

"He's a dancer?" Baekhyun gasped excitedly. "Oh, and he was sweaty and his clothes were probably clinging to his abs! What's not y about that?"

"How'd you know he has abs?"

"Because you said he was a dancer!"

"Jesus, you're annoying."

"And he probably looked so hot cleaning your apartment, all wet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter