Seven

My Baby Wu

Kris walked to his daughter’s room and knocked on the door before opening it. “Amy?” he said softly as he don’t see the girl on her bed. He looked around to see her rummaging her closet. “Amy, you’re not going to sleep? It’s late already” he told her as he walk towards the closet.

Amy turned to him with a pout. “Daddy! I can’t find the pair to this socks!” she said with a frown while holding a pink sock in her left hand.

Kris chuckled and walked to the closet “Let me help you with that” he said as he pat her head. When he turn to the closet, his smile disappeared. “Wha – uh” he sighed and turn to Amy and raised a right brow for explanation.

“I told you I couldn’t find the pair” she pout and lowered her head.

“So you turn your whole closet upside down?” he asked and turn to the messy closet. He turn to Amy when he heard sniffles from her. 

“Oh, baby. Don’t cry” he tried to persuade the little girl and hug her. He rub circles on her back while whispering soothing words in her ear.

“I’m sorry” she said with a croaky voice.

Kris pulled back and lift her face up so he can see her eyes. He wiped her tears and said “Don’t worry baby, we can always clean the mess” he smiled at her and hug her again.

“You’re not angry at me?” she asked sounding a little surprised.

Kris look at her in the eyes “No! No, I’m not angry at you” he said “I will never get angry at you. I was just surprised by the mess. I’ve never seen your closet this messy” he assured her and something pink caught his attention “and I think I found the pair for your socks” he said and pulled the pink sock from a pile of clothes that was dumped to one side of the closet.

Amy beamed when she saw the other pair and hugged her daddy. “Thank you daddy!” she squealed “I’ll clean the closet now” she said and walked to the closet.

“Let me help you” Kris said and help her fold some of her clothes.

*****

After cleaning the mess, Kris accompanied Amy until she fell asleep. He walked out of her room quietly to make sure that he don’t wake her daughter.

When he reached in his room, he received a phone call from Luhan. “YAH! WU YIFAN!” was the first thing he heard from the other line “WHY DIDN’T YOU CALL US?!” he continued “DON’T YOU REMEMBER US ANYMORE?!” he sounded really mad and he cringed at the sound.

“Ge” was all he could say when Luhan started babbling again and moments later, he heard Luhan’s voice getting far although he can obviously hear him screaming for his phone back.

“Gege! Why didn’t you call us?” Tao asked while whining like a baby. This kid he thought even Amy doesn’t whine every single time he chuckled “Why are you chuckling?” he asked but someone obviously took the phone away from him because he was yelling “I was talking to him!” 

“Hyung, I put it on speaker mode” Suho said “so that EVERYONE can hear you” he stress out the word everyone, obviously trying to stop the other members from taking the phone for themselves.

Kris laughed “Seems like you’re having a hard time Suho” he said.

“Hyung! Come back here right now! I can’t handle 3 annoying maknae!” he broke down. Suho is the most composed of them all but hearing him break down this way showed how hard it is for him to handle all of the kids.

“Be strong, leader. You can do it. Tao, Kai, Sehun, I don’t want to hear you giving our leader a hard time” he said but was followed by silence. He knew why they were silent because he too was silenced by his own words.

Then, he heard the maknae line stuttering “Y-yes hyung/gege” they said at the same time to hide the fact that Kris just called Suho ‘our leader’ even if he’s no longer in the team. They knew that Kris still care for them.

“So” Minseok said and everyone turn their attention to him. Even Kris was silent to hear what he have to say. “How is your girl?” he asked.

There was silence everywhere. Kris laughed to get himself to relax. “My girl?” he asked “She’s doing fine. We’re doing fine together although I thought I lost her today only to find her buying groceries” he chuckled as he remembered how much of a mess he was that afternoon.

Those on the other line laughed at his statement. “So how was your day?” he asked no one particular.

“Nah ~ the usual” they all said “We just finished practicing our dance routine just now” Kyungsoo added.

“Oh, really?” he tried to sound excited but there was more silence “I guess it is really awkward talking to someone who is no longer in their group” he said jokingly to ease the tense.

“NO! NO! NO! HYUNG NO! WE DIDN’T MEAN IT THAT WAY!” everyone said.

“Guys I’m just joking. Relax” he said.

“Oh, gege, Sayoung noona got married” Tao said excited.

“Really? Where did they go for honeymoon?” he asked “Wait, so there’s only one manager with you guys now?” he asked sounding surprised.

“No, noona still work as our manager” Luhan said.

“She live with her husband” Lay said.

“They didn’t go for honeymoon” Chen said.

“Her room in the dorm is empty” Sehun said.

“She wants to save up her leave for her pregnancy or something” Suho said.

“No one is living in her room” Kai said.

“She’s not pregnant yet” Minseok added.

“She’s still scary though” Tao said sounding a little scared.

“She check the dorm every once in a while” Kyungsoo informed.

“Sometimes she bring food to us” Chanyeol exclaimed.

“She made us clean the whole dorm within one hour once because she found it messy” Baekhyun said.

“Wow, that was a lot to process” Kris laughed and they all followed him when they realized what they did back then.

“Whatever it is, we’re doing fine” Suho said.

“Well, we better say goodbye now” Luhan said and grab his phone. Everyone said bye and to call them again later.

Luhan put the phone back to his ear and said “call us” and Kris chuckled.

Just when he was about to press the end button, the door to Kris’s room open. “Daddy, can I sleep with you?” Amy asked “I’m scared” she said and Kris smiled at her and nod.

“Why are you scared, honey?” he asked and hug her, totally forgetting about the phone.

“I dreamt about mommy” she said and Kris went silent as the girl cried.

“Kris? You have a daughter?” Luhan asked but there was no answer.