Six

My Baby Wu

Amy’s POV

I went to my room to have a shower. Aunty Lin had gone home earlier since there was an emergency at her company and uncle manager told dad that he cleared everything for today so we can have a great time together. We went to the park and uncle manager bought me ice cream. I found out that uncle manager’s name is Chan Hsui Wei. From now on, I’ll call him uncle Chan.

While in the shower, I recall the last days I was with my mom. Mom told me about dad 1 week before she died. At first, I was mad at both my parents. All these years, I thought dad had died. I was angry at mom for keeping it a secret. When mom told me that dad is alive and living in Korea, I despised him. I didn’t even bother trying to look for him when my mom asked me to meet him. I thought that he left us but then mom told me that he didn’t know I exist.

I listened to mom and went to SMEnt. It seems like my dad is a star. I remember giving a letter which my mom had prepared for me to give to the guard. This company sure is strict was my first impression on the company. No one is allowed to enter without appointment. Back to the guard, after reading the letter, he told me to wait and about 10 minutes of waiting under the sun, he came with a lady.

“Are you looking for me?” she said. She had a very scary look on her. I wonder how my mother knew her.

“My mother told me to give this to you” I told her and hand her the letter my mother gave me.

When she first read the letter, her face shows that she’s confused but after a while, her facial expression soften. “You’re Anna’s daughter?” she asked.

I nod and she brought me into the building. In the building, I saw a few pictures of a group of pretty girls and good-looking boys. Then, one picture attracted me. It was a group of 12 boys but one of them looked so familiar.

“You like him?” she asked.

“Who? Him?” I asked back as I point to the man in the picture and she nod “I find him very familiar. I like him the most in this picture” I told her honestly.

She smiled and pat my head “He’s your father and I’m going to get him to meet you. I have to say, it might be hard because he’s in a group which is gaining popularity” she said “oh, if it takes a long time to get him, it’s not his fault. It should be the management’s fault. They might not want to tell your dad about this news. You know, something about not wanting to distract him from his work” she quickly added “if you can understand what I’m saying” she mumbled the last part.

I smiled at her and told her “Don’t worry. I understand”

“You’re a very understanding kid” she said.

“I have to be understanding and try to be more matured since my mom got sick although I still whine at times” I explained to her.

I remember waiting for a few days till I get to talk to my dad’s boss in Korea. He told me he received the letter my mom had sent and they are still debating whether to tell him or not. It was annoying how they are still debating about stuff like that but I guess what the lady said was true.

I only managed to get to talk to my dad after my mom’s death. When I receive the news about my mother’s death, the Korean boss was there to witness it and he agreed to let me talk to my dad. I put on a smile despite the pain of losing my mom. I felt pity for my dad because he was not able to meet my mom.

I put on my pyjamas and saw the chocolate wrapper from the first present I got from dad. I remember how he refuse to let me down even if I told him I was heavy. That night, we ate in a restaurant. That’s when I realise that he’s an idol. He was wearing a mask and strange clothing as a disguise. From then on, I decided that no one must know about me. I came up with a plan to make myself as someone on par with my dad’s level of popularity so that people will accept me as his daughter. Only when I’m popular will I reveal my secret. I don’t want to ruin his career.

Last night, dad told me about Aunty Lin being my babysitter and she will arrive around 2.30 to accompany me at home. I panicked when he told me about having a babysitter. Of all the time, he need to get a babysitter on the day I have my audition. Yes, I’m having an audition to enter as a magazine model. It’s a magazine only mothers and future parents would read. A kid’s magazine. This way, no one will suspect anything. Dad won’t find out too.

When dad said she’ll arrive around 2.30, I was relieved. Now, I have some time for the audition. I will be released by 12.30 because my teacher postponed the class to another day and I have enough time to reach home after the audition.

As planned, I went to school as usual. I checked the fridge and saw there aren’t much left. I saw dad left lasagne for me in the microwave. I reminded myself that I should buy groceries on the way back. In case Aunty Lin decided to come early and I’m not back yet, I can just say that I went to buy groceries and some food for her too.

I took my phone and sighed “I was lucky I left you at home” I mumbled. Aunty Lin came way earlier than expected. Thanks to the phone I didn’t get any calls from dad. If I had brought it, I would have to come with another lie and it would be hard to do so because by the time they start to panic that I was not home yet, I’m having my audition. They would be worried because I didn’t answer the calls.

 

A/N

I didn't expect it to be this fast but I guess this is another update for you.