Eight

My Baby Wu

Kris was making scrambled eggs for breakfast when he heard his phone ringing. “Amy, can you answer the call for me? I think it’s uncle Chan” he told his daughter who was busy fixing her braid.

Amy pick up his phone “Hello, uncle Chan? This is Amy speaking. Daddy is cooking breakfast for us so don’t worry, he’s not going to be late for work” she said immediately because she knew he’s going to start nagging. He nags every morning to wake Kris up.

“Amy? Daddy? Breakfast?” a voice that does not belong to uncle Chan said through the phone “What is this? Kris? Where is he?” the voice said.

Amy pulled the phone away from her ear “Oh no” she whispered and ran to the kitchen.

“Daddy! He’s not uncle Chan!” she whispered as she place the phone in her father’s hand.

Kris look at the name on the screen and his eyes widened. He place the phone to his ear “Lu- Lu ge” he started.

“WU YI FANNN! WHAT DID I JUST HEAR JUST NOW?! WHO IS AMY?!” he asked immediately.

“Lu ge, listen to me” Kris said slowly.

“WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO LISTEN TO? IS IT THE GIRL’S DAUGHTER? THE ONE IN THE NEWS? IS SHE THE REASON WHY YOU LEFT US?!” he asked again sounding like he’s about to hyperventilate.

“What girl? What are you talking about? What news?” Kris asked again as he set the food on the table.

“What? The news about you and a girl at a café. Don’t tell me you haven’t read the news? I saw the news in the net the moment I woke up!” he sounded like a mother scolding her son.

“Daddy? Is he angry about this?” Amy asked as she pointed to an article about him with a girl in a café “Is that aunty Lin?” she asked again when Kris took the newspaper from her.

“Wait. That was a kid, right? She just called you daddy, right? Last night was not because I was dreaming, RIGHT?!” Luhan asked.

“What is this?” was all Kris could say.

“Daddy?” Amy was wondering if he was okay.

“Yi Fan?” Luhan asked when he got no answer.

Then, the door opened “Wu Yi Fan” the manager said as he walked into the apartment.

“Kris” Lin said as she follow the manager into the house.

Kris looked around, eyes landing on each person before he released the air that he held in due to shock. “This is not true. I only met Lin to ask her to take care of Amy” he tried to explain “Lin, explain to him” he said, pointing to his manager.

“I believe in you, Yi Fan” the manager said and walked closer to him “we’ll find a way to solve it” he said.

“Wait a minute. Wait up! What? Explanations PLEEAAASSSEEE~!” Luhan’s voice can be heard from the phone and the manager immediately grab the phone from Kris.

“Hello, who is this?” the manager started but continued before Luhan can answer “Whoever you are, keep this a secret”

“WHO ARE YOU?!” Luhan screamed.

“I’m his manager” he said simply.

“His manager? Tell me what is happening right now or I’ll tell the world that Wu Yi Fan has a baby with the girl from the news!” he threatened.

The manager sighed “Okay, first of all, this has nothing to do with you. Secondly, the girl in the news is his friend and he was just asking for help. Thirdly, the baby is not related to the girl in the news. Lastly, if there’s a news saying what you just said just now, I will make sure the girl from the news make you suffer for the rest of your life” he told Luhan and made the other shut his mouth.

Kris looked at his manager, surprised by the sudden threat but what surprised him more is the look on his friend’s face. She looked calm. She doesn’t seem affected by the threat the manager had said. She doesn’t seem confused or angry with the fact that his manager just used her name to threaten Luhan.

“Lin, you don’t mind him using your name to threaten the guy on the phone?” he asked as he watch his manager trying to calm his nerves.

The lady turn to Kris and smile “I don’t mind. In fact, I don’t mind doing what he told the other guy if whatever news he’s talking about, which must have something to do with Amy, is released” she said calmly.

Kris nod and turn his attention to his manager. “So” he started “are we clear?” he said lowly.

“Y-Yes” Luhan replied while stuttering.

“Good” he said and sighed “do you want to talk to Yi Fan?” he asked in a kinder tone.

“I-If I m-may” he answered.

He hand the phone to Kris and walk to Amy.

“Lu ge?” Kris asked.

“Yi Fan?” he asked and sniffled.

“Why are you crying? Please don’t cry” he said, trying to calm the other guy.

“Why is he so scary? Is he always that scary? How do you live with him as your manager?” he wailed.

“Luhan, he’s not scary. Well, he may seem scary just now but I’ve never seen him that way before. He’s really kind to me and he helps me a lot” he said and saw his manager leave a message on a piece of paper before walking out of the place with Amy and Lin.

        ‘Take your time talking to him. Lin and I will bring Amy to school.’

“Lu ge? Are you free right now? I have something to confess to you” he said as he walked to the dining table. He sighed when he saw Amy’s food was untouched. She didn’t get to eat breakfast he thought.

“I have schedule in the evening so I guess I am free” Luhan said “what is it that you want to confess? Is it about that kid just now?” he asked.

“Yes. It’s about Amy” Kris said “and also the reason why I left Exo but I need you to keep this a secret from everyone” he pleaded.

“She’s the reason why you left us isn’t it?” Luhan said in a whisper “Why didn’t you just tell us? She’s your baby, right? You know how things work with us. Any family of you is our family too. We can always find ways so that you can meet her without fans finding out about her like what you’re doing right now. Why do you have to be with them? Why can’t you focus on your job as our leader? We have 12 members. We can always cover you when you want to meet your girl and the baby. Why do you have to go back there to be with them? We can talk to the managers and bring those two here. We… we can…” he said while crying.

“Her mother died” was all he said to shut Luhan up.

“Huh? What are you talking about?” he asked.

“She’s all alone. I only found out about her when her mother died!” Kris yelled and started crying.
“Yi Fan” Luhan whispered because he doesn’t know what to say.

“Her name is Amy. I found out about her 10 minutes after her mother died and she have no one with her. She’s my daughter. She’s the reason why I left exo. She’s all I care about. I want to always be by her side” Kris started.
“The management asked me to choose either stay in exo and send her to the orphanage or get out of exo and stay with her. Of course I would choose the later. That’s why I’m no longer with you” he said “And that girl you mentioned, she’s my friend and that picture is actually me asking her to be my baby’s nanny.”

“Yesterday was the first day that she’s supposed to take care of her and we end up running around the city because Amy wasn’t home” he chuckled although still in tears when he recall how panicked he was that time.

“Yi Fan” Luhan said.

“You know what? Even if I’m here, she’s still lonely most of the time because of my schedule. I-I” he continued but stopped when Luhan yelled his name.

“Wu Yi Fan! Listen to me!” Luhan yelled “I’m sorry” he said “I didn’t know. I didn’t…” he sighed.

“No. It’s okay” Kris said.

“Tell me more about her” he said “I’ll keep this from everyone but I want to know more about her. Let me talk to her. Let me help you take care of her” he told him “and I don’t want to hear a no” he said sternly.

“Alright but she’s currently at school” he said.