The Surprise

But...I Love Her!

Naeun went downstairs to find her parents sitting at the table also eating breakfast. She greeted them with a good morning and the maids got her breakfast for her. She thanked them with a smile and started to eat. While she was eating, Naeun's mom spoke up from the silence only to reveal something to Naeun. She said...

Mom: Naeun-ah, your father and I have something to tell you.

Naeun: What is it, umma?

Mom: Umm..your father and I have found the perfect man that you should marry. He fits our expectations. He's supportive, handsome, caring, and a very lovely young man.

Naeun: Mom! You don't have to tell me that if you want to marry him! That's crossing the line!

Mom: Naeun-ah, I'm being serious.

Dad: Naeun-ah, your mother is right. You will be marrying this guy in 6 months, more or less but we're still figuring it out. We did this because when my father which is your grandfather passed this company down to me, the first thing I had to do was marry someone. If I ran the company by myself, other competitors might take my place. If you were married, no one would want to mess with you. Being married gives you strength and other people will think you have experience.

Naeun: But appa! I'm just 20 years old! Don't you think getting married is too early? Besides, I don't even know the guy! This is crazy and all too sudden! Appa, umma! Please think this over!

Dad: Naeun-ah, we did think it over. We went to your soon-to-be husband's family and they agreed as well and 20 is not that young. You'll be training for about 4 years and will take my place at 25. Then at 26 or 27 you can have kids and once your kids become old enough, they'll go through the same process as you did.

Naeun: -gasps- So you've been planning my life all along? What about me? What if I don't want to be the president? Why can't Dongwoon oppa do it? 

Dad: He will be taking over but right now, he's 26. He's got a wife and is planning to have kids already. Stress is going to pile up on him so we decided to have him become your vice president while you'll be the main president.

Naeun: Appa! This is insane! Why can't I switch with Dongwoon oppa? He's already married! I'm not even close to being married. Appa! Chebail! Chebail!~~~

Dad: Alright alright. But you have to come home earlier from school so that your mother and I can teach you about business and what goes into it to make it big and famous. But your arranged marriage is still going to happen. Understood?

Naeun was a bit upset since she still has to get married at a young age but it's also a relief that she's not gonna be running a multi-billionaire company at the age of 20. Naeun started having mixed emotions about her "fiancé" as well as wanting to know who he is, what he looks like, and if he's actually the traits her mother described her to. She was excited but also scared and nervous at the same time. Suddenly, a text popped up on her phone. It was Myungsoo.

M: Naeun-ah! Why did you ignore meh?~~

N: Ah, bian. My parents were talking to me about business and trying to get me to take over the company.

M: Ah jinja? You're only 20 though

N: I know! But I convinced my appa and he said he'll let my oppa become president.

M: Ah, that's good. My family is doing that to me too. But they know better than to put me president as first. They already have my hyung, Yesung take over. He already has a family while I don't so...yeah. Plus, he's been president for about 6 years so I'll have the highest rank I could go to is vice president which is less painful, I guess.

N: Ah that 's good. I have to go somewhere with my parents. Talk to you later! Annyeong!

M: Good bye my lovely!

N: Eww so cheezy! Stop!

Naeun didn't actually have to go somewhere but she didn't want to talk to Myungsoo any longer. She was afraid to tell him that she's going through an arranged marriage with a guy she doesn't even know. She went to her parent's room and knocked on the door.

-knock knock-

Dad: Come in!

Naeun: Appa, umma! I'm kind of curious as to who my future husband will be. Can you tell me who he is?

Mom: Ah! Naeun-ah, he's really witty when it comes to business. He can teach you a lot about business. He's a year older than you so you have to call him oppa. He goes to the same school as you which is even more compatible. 

For some reason, Naeun was only thinking about Myungsoo. She hopes her future husband is Myungsoo and not any other guy. She agrees that he's cute, witty, and kind. You can say that she's got a little crush on Myungsoo but no one has to know that.

Naeun: What's his name?

Mom: I don't know if you know him but his name is...............Lee Taemin

For a moment, Naeun stopped. Her eyes became really wide and she felt that they were about to explode. Her jaw was dropped from the shock. The name Lee Taemin was still echoeing in her head as her mother has said that name. 

Minutes have passed and Naeun's mother was waving her hand in her face to let her get out of her shockness.

Mom: Naeun-ah! Are you here? Stay with me. Naeun-ah! Naeun! Naeun!

Naeun: UMMA, ARE YOU CRAZY?????!!!!! 

Mom: NAEUN! Don't give me that atitude! How dare you say that to your own mother?!?!?!?!?!

Naeun: But umma, you don't understand. He me and beat up my friends with his gang! During school, he tricked me saying he didn't wanna eat alone so he took me to his secret hideout and he me while I was unconscience! You can't be serious right? Please tell me it's not actually him! I will never marry him. I don't care if it's an arranged marriage. I most certainly will not marry this . He hurt my friends as well by beating them up and making them get injured badly. Umma, appa! Don't make me marry him! I will not oblige to this! Never!

Naeun walked out of her parent's room and went to her room. She slammed her door shut and started panicing. She got scared. Really scared. What if he her again? She walked back anf forth in her room trying to figure out what to do and also to hopefully calm herself down but none of that worked. 

In the end, tears were b near her eyes. She can't believe she's being forced to marry a guy that her. She started crying and crying. She cried the rest of the day. She didn't eat anything but cried. She had cried herself to sleep only to wake up the next morning to some more news...

 

 

Hey guys! I am so sorry for the really late update. I have to take the SATs (or in other countrires you can call it the college entrance exams) tomorrow and I've been busy studying since, I am truly very sorry and I hope to update more often. Thank you and again I am so so sorry! Bianmida!