ix.

Concept-X
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

i  k e e p  c o m i n g  b a c k . . . 

 

 

Jungkook is growing up now, slowly witnessing how painful reality can really be. Things aren't always sugar-coated, some things are bitter and bland. He learned that he has to struggle through if he wants the best for himself. It can't always be spoon-fed to him. He's a grown man now. 

Jeon Jungkook's twenty years old now, and he sure missed all the memories he has with his friends back then. Those blissful nights he used to spend with his friends— the same six guys whom he had lost a few months back. It was just that... his friends had taken a different path from him. Each of his friends, and even him, had found their own valuable dream they were chasing patiently.  And lots of things had happened that broke him down gradually.

Jimin and Hoseok had decided to take and pursue dancing despite their families completely against it. Taehyung decided to take the path of a singer, Jin took up culinary, Namjoon and Suga continued on with their music production. Jungkook has his own dreams now too and is pursuing in through college. His parents were greatly in accordance to whatever their "golden" son had chosen to take, so there wasn't much trouble. Those were the original plans.

Jungkook realized it late. He realized that he never really had the time for his friends anymore, for them to hang around or to talk, even if they were away. There's internet, and that could connect them despite the miles they're away from each other. To think of it, Jungkook and Jin were the only ones left in Seoul to study. Jimin had went back to Busan, Hoseok had decided to study back at Gwangju, Namjoon's busy with his upcoming debut and Suga's off in the States. With the technology presented to them now a days, never had Jungkook thought about connecting with them online just to check on them. He was too busy with college. 

Perhaps that was the reason everything fell down. The reason why Jin grew depressed and refused to heal after losing his girlfriend and their baby, on why Taehyung committed murder and suicide, on why  Hoseok got depressed and gave himself a drug overdose, on why Jimin decided to kill himself, on why Namjoon died in an accident and on how Suga died in the States after the boarding house he was staying in got burned into ashes. 

Perhaps it's one of the reasons their friendship weakened? 

Jungkook never decided to face the reality and continued ignoring and denying everything until that day, he had enough then. His eyes fluttered opened before he sat up straight from his bed, eyes roaming around the place. His room is a wreck, scattered papers and dirty clothes here and there. Jungkook reminds himself to clean his room right one time. Ignoring the mess he still has, Jungkook hurries out of his room, darting down the stairs and out of the Jeon residence. He didn't really notice his siblings silently seated in the living room, watching the television or perhaps occupied with their phones. Surely, throughout those few years, his younger siblings gradually grew and matured. He was going to cool himself down and dash out of the house once more, for the first time yet again.

Down the streets of Seoul, Jungkook calmly walked forward, easily avoiding the other people. There weren't much people outside now despite being in broad daylight. People were often buzzing through the streets, to and fro, going to their works and so on. Today seemed quite off as Jungkook noticed the number of people walking around to be a bit less. Not that he really cared, it was not much of his business anyway.

As he walked aimlessly, Jungkook couldn't help but smile. It reminded him of those late nights he and the other six would aimlessly go around. Those nights he'd run around, seeking for some thrill as the cold night breeze ran past them. He would hear the laughter that echoed through the silent night. Those times they shouted their promises and thoughts without caring if anyone else heard it. 

He found himself roaming around unconsciously, his legs carrying him around as if they had their own minds. He found himself going through places they used to hang around at night. Each place holding a dear memory to him. Upon arriving at that first hang-out place he had visited— basically an abandoned train station— he sat down and took a deep breathe. He closed his eyes as he drifted into another light sleep.

 

 

 

Jungkook was nothing but a normal-looking student back then. When he was around fifteen years old, he considered himself nothing but one of the typical quiet and shy guys sitting in the corner of the classroom, doodling on the back of his notebooks. He didn't really stood out that much— or so he'd like to believe. Because of his extremely attractive looks and charms he wouldn't mind that much, lots of girls really adored him. Some males tried to befriend him but being the shy kid back then, Jungkook didn't make much friends. He didn't really hang around the kids of his age. He often preferred to be alone, eating his lunch by himself. He didn't mind if he had no friends, his own self is enough for him. 

Then one day, a senior named Kim Namjoon approached him during dismissal, claiming that he wanted to be friends with him. Jungkook was caught off guard at first but noticing that this guy is one of the respected top notchers of the school, Jungkook agreed. Namjoon seemed to be a reasonable person. Namjoon's the first friend the young Jungkook had made.

"This is Jeon Jungkook, he's going to be our new friend from now on." Jungkook remembers Namjoon saying to five more males in front of them. An arm was comfortable swung around him by Namjoon as the older smiled, revealing dimples he never guessed to be there in the first place. It was supposed to be an after-class treat Namjoon had invited Jungkook to, not some "introduce you to my other friends" thing. 

Jungkook then met five more friends. The eldest was Kim Seokjin, who appeared to be really matured yet feminine at some angle— surely, Jungkook and him would go along well. Min Suga appeared to be really cold, mysterious and over-all intimidating at first but soon enough, Jungkook learned that Suga just isn't the social type. Three familiar faces came next: the notorious trio Jungkook would always hear about his classmates and other classes to talk about. The all-smiles Jung Hoseok, the unpredictable Kim Taehyung and Park Jimin, who's greatly popular for his killer eye smiles. 

Jungkook isn't exactly sure how he got to befriend them afterwards but since then, he gained six older friends he then would go along with at such a late hour. Without thinking of the horrifying consequences, Jungkook would sneak out of his room and join them in their late night gigs. It brought joy to him. They showed him a new world that he had never imagined to exist in the first place— a world full of thrills and explorations yet to be done. At night, the seven of them would enter this "world", painting it with color from the spray paint bottles they wielded. 

The seven of them would explore the deep parts of the city all together, bodies clad with ripped jeans and hooded sweaters, and at some times when they felt fashionable enough, they wore leather jackets and snapbacks. They would climb up walls fearelessly, sometimes gripping onto each other went they felt a bit uncomfortable with the height. Jungkook could remember that he used to grip tightly behind Jin or Taehyung when he climbed up a wall for the first time. One time, they decided to step up the notch and climb not only walls alone or fences, but abandoned cabooses as well. They'd hang around on top of them, eyes twinkling in amusement as they eyed the colorful lights painting the quiet city. 

One time in their lives, Jungkook and the other six ran down abandoned, or rather empty, tunnels all together. They would scream in joy, not caring whether anyone heard their voices and laughter. Their voices were without a doubt louder than usual, their voices bouncing off and echoing through the entire tunnel. The seven of them would race each other to the end, and often times, it's Jin leading or Jimin. Jungkook can remember seeing themselves soon getting exhausted but still laughing. He would see Suga raise up his middle finger up in the air while panting and smiling, not giving a damn about anything. 

Jungkook loved it when they'd stop by and eat all together at night. Jin would often treat them out, and sometimes, Suga would be kind enough to share the bill with him. Jungkook recalled this particular fast food chain open 24 hours, so they often grabbed a bite there whenever they'd run around at night. They would order fries, burgers and some soda to get by. They'd occupy two tables and cheer upon seeing the two eldest males arrive with trays of food along with them. At first, they'd eat quietly, taking a bite from the burgers they ordered and sip from the sodas they have. The real fun begins when Jimin begins the food fight, throwing fries at Jungkook playfully. Being the competitive youngest he is, he would shoot up and throw fries back at the older. Soon enough, everyone's throwing fries or other food they can grab at each other, laughing and making a mess.

A few minutes later, they'd see a smiling Taehyung dancing on the tables, considering everyone's laughter and other noises to be his melody and beat. He isn't the best dancer, but seeing how happy he is, it makes him radiate with "something" unexplainable. Jungkook would laugh and soon enough, they'd cheer and dance hilariously all together. Not like the staff of that place cared, seeing some lively boys at such a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter