ii.

Concept-X
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

w e  g o  h a r d  w e  h a v e  n o  f e a r . . . 

 

 

It's been months since Jungkook had actually started occupying himself with random things. 

The young teen laid down his own bed, eyes locked up in the ceiling. It's one of those boring weekends where he's left with nothing to do. Morning had rather morphed into that boring time of the day, no thanks to him getting used to the night life more. It's weird, even for his family. Usually, people are buzzing around, sweating and walking to and fro. At night, it's time to relax and sleep, rest from the day's work.

But in Jungkook's perspective, it's too overrated to be like the rest. That's one of the main reason that his "day" is the night, and his "night" is the day... or maybe it's just because he's slowly turning nocturnal. With all those numerous gigs during the night he tags along with, who wouldn't be? 

He shuts his eyes close, letting his other senses heighten. He could hear his younger siblings downstairs, playing as per usual. He could hear his younger brother crying out his younger sister's name. Probably another game of tag, Jungkook thought. He heard their mother shuffling around, probably in the living room, telling his siblings to settle down before they break anything again. Jungkook heard his father's voice, talking to someone in the phone, maybe to another client of his again.

It's a normal, boring day again.. and Jungkook's starting to get bored.

Slowly, he sits up, looking around his room, hoping that he'd find something interesting to do. He sees a few open notebooks scribbled and doodled on. He always liked drawing ever since he was little, but it's not a legitimate reason to be entitled as "something" he wants to pursue his entire life.

Jungkook admits it— he's actually called a jack of all trades, or as how his father calls him, a "golden" boy. He could sing pretty well, can draw excellently, can dance fluidly and even attempt rapping. He once actually won a poem competition when he was in elementary. His parents had actually praised him for this song he tried to compose. Girls actually go head-over-heels for him. He's told that he's got the looks and charms any girl would fall in love with.

None of those minded Jungkook that much though. Behind those abilities he can do, he's nothing but a dreamless boy.

Sixteen years old as he is now, he believes that he's still young to learn what would interest him in his entire life. He likes singing, dancing, rapping, and even drawing. He's thankful of his charms. But still, none were in that level that would earn them a title of being his "dream". 

What caught Jungkook's attention the next moment was his phone ringing. Caught off guard, he then reaches for his gadget, squinting his eyes as he read the contact name of whoever was calling him.

J-Hope.

"Hello?" Jungkook softly says as he waits for the older guy's voice to respond.

"Hey, 'Kook!" he hears Hoseok's cheery voice on the other line. This is what had always made Jungkook admire Hoseok. Even if it's just his voice, he could hear the evident sound on how hopeful, joyous and basically optimistic he can be. "Anything you're up to today?"

"What do you think?" Jungkook groaned before he fell back down on his bed, sighing. "How about you?"

"I'm actually occupied!" Hoseok giggled. Jungkook was sure that he heard some familiar songs on the background, making him curious on what was happening at the other's place. There were some evident cheers and laughter too, and it didn't help Jungkook focus on what ever Hoseok was talking about. He was so curious on what were those noises all about. Surely, Hoseok was telling him about something, but it's the least he would care for now—

"Hey, Jeon Jeongguk," he now hears Hoseok groan, making him snap back to reality. "Geez, are you even listening to me?"

"... No." 

"Damn it, I was asking you if you'd like to tag along with me here at the dance studio. You know, sweat a bit and dance to the rhythm." Jungkook hears Hoseok say with anticipation. "I'll contact the other guys too, but I'm pretty sure Yoongi-hyung​'s too lazy to even drag his outta bed today. So, what do you say?"

The teen thought of it for a while before he gave a definite answer to Hoseok. "I'll see if I can. As of now, I'm in the same situation Suga​-hyung's in. I'm sure his laziness rubbed on me too." he laughed, making the other chuckle as well. "I'll give you a text though if I manage to convince myself to actually stand up." And with that, the two of them bid goodbye before they ended the call.

Jungkook sat up straight, eyes roaming throughout his entire room. There's pretty much nothing else to do if he does remain at home. He can just wallow in boredom and wait for night time where he hears his six friends calling out of his window like how Romeo did to Juliet. 

Next, he eyed his bag— the same bag he uses when he and his friends roam around at the late of night. Jungkook never really liked staying at home, doing nothing but babysit over his siblings and be the "perfect" son his parents sees him as.  

"Oppa!" Jungkook hears his younger sister call out from downstairs, "Oppa​, lunch's served! Let's eat already!"

A small smile simply curls up on Jungkook's face as he stands up, walking towards the staircases before he shouts back. "It's okay! I'm going out with my friends today." 

 

 

 

Wearing a simple black tee and denim trousers, Jungkook makes his way towards the dance studio Hoseok is in. He carefully fixes his red snapback, which by any chances, were blocking his field of vision. The backpack he was carrying along bounced up and down behind him as he continues walking down the streets. The sun is blazing hot, which doesn't really entertain Jungkook. It was too hot, and Jungkook isn't thinking of anything but to stay in an air-conditioned building to cool off. 

Hoseok had texted him the location of this said studio minutes ago, and so far, Jungkook's not having any luck in finding it. There were just lots of dance studios around. The teen isn't any good with directions neither. It's been around thirty or more minutes of Jungkook roaming around aimlessly, looking for the said studio.

Jungkook nearly dropped his cellphone when he felt an arm swing around his shoulders. He jolted, froze in his place before he finally turned his head around to see who it was.

"You are going to be the cause of my death." Jungkook growled as he eyed Taehyung, who was grinning stupidly right back at him. Apparantely, Hoseok had really texted all of them to come, and Taehyung— like Jungkook— had nothing else to do for today. He didn't want to get ordered around by his siblings neither, so he might as well go around and do whatever he wants. With Taehyung walking with him, they finally locate where this dance studio was. Rather quite hesitant at first, they opened the door and looked for Hoseok.

Hoseok was there, dancing to the flow of the music expertly. His hand gestures, those leg work, and even the vibe.. they were all on point. The two new comers had noticed Jimin too, who was bobbing his head to the beat. Upon seeing Taehyung and Jungkook, Jimin had literally jumped up and darted towards them, giving them an extremely warm welcome.

If there's anything Jungkook learned about Hoseok and Jimin, both of them shares a great passion in dancing. The two has the talent and the this fiery passion, so it's not really a hard thing for them. They like dancing and dancing likes them. It's somewhat, if they put it in a simple explanation, dancing can be their dream. It's actually Hoseok's first dream... to be a well known dancer or at least to be a choreographer. His dream was to showcase his skills in dancing. He wanted to show millions of people on how he could ride any beat without breaking a sweat.

Jimin, on the other side, was once dragged by Hoseok in the dancing field. He didn't have any interest at first but after showing that he actually has the click in dancing, he began dancing alongside the older dancer. He developed more polished moves, and even learned how to flip! Dancing was also Jimin's dream.

Then again, Jungkook reminded himself: it was their dream. Was. 

Both Jimin and Hoseok weren't actually encouraged by their families with such "low" dream. That they wouldn't go anywhere if they just danced to their hearts content. That one day, their body would give way an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter