iii.

Concept-X
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

e v e r y o n e  l i v e s  t h e  s a m e  l i v e s . . .

 

 

If Jungkook were to be frank about it, he never liked being similar to others. He hated being called "normal", being labeled as "just one of those kids...". He always deemed to be something different, something unique. It was always how he saw himself should be. It was always how he knew he must be. Benig similar's already overrated. Jungkook despised the idea of "if everyone walks, you walk too." No. That's not how the world is supposed to work. Jungkook's way of thinking is different. If everyone walks, he runs. If everyone decides to be gray, he would be a bright yellow color. If everyone plays basketball, he'd let himself go with cycling. If everyone chooses caramel, he'd choose mint. While others decide to drink smoothies, he'd dare himself to chug down beer. 

But if there's something he would agree with the rest, it's the fact that he hates school.

The mere idea of waking up early, dressing himself in that tight, ugly uniform of his and drag himself out of his room and house simply gives him the chills. It's not just because it was too much work, it was the fact that it repeated every single day. Nothing was ever different nor thrilling anymore.

He'd wake up, have breakfast, wash up, dress up, leave the house and arrive at school. That's it. It's too plain. He could do his everyday routine with his eyes closed and not even trip or slip.

Sometimes, he'd see his younger siblings all giddy and jumpy early in the morning. He'd hear his sister and brother all excited to go to school, pulling their mother in hurry as they whine to go to school. "It'll get worse when you grow up", Jungkook thought to himself as he eyes his siblings before he finally leaves the house.

When he arrives at school, he could already foresee how the day would go. He'd get all those fake smiles and soulless "good mornings" from his classmates and schoolmates. He'd see those same girls squealing secretly behind him as they try to take a good picture of him. He knew them, and always sees them: they're simply one of the many that adore him. One of the many girls that share a big crush towards him. 

He'd hear the bells ring and see how everyone dart towards the school building, hurrying towards their rooms. The late comers would always be punished by the faculty members. It's not like Jungkook was one of them, but he always felt sorry for them. Or maybe it's just the right punishment... maybe not.

What keeps Jungkook attending school is the mere fact that four of his friends are attending the same school as him: Taehyung, Jimin and Hoseok. Though they are indeed one year ahead of him, it doesn't really bother Jungkook that much. As long as they can still hang around together throughout the day and run around wildly by the end of the day. 

Jungkook had recently just stepped in the highschool life months ago. It was a bit full of tension and pressure, but thanks to the three hyungs that refused to leave his side, Jungkook slowly adjusted and made it through. Now, the once heavy shoulders he'd carry with him to school felt pretty light. The days were no longer full of pressure and tension, but rather, it was slowly getting normal and dull. Much to Jungkook's liking. It made him comfortable. It reminded him that he was slowly getting used to it.

The next thing that Jungkook hates is the boring lectures presented to them everyday. It was all useless, well, for Jungkook at least it is. They all seemed to be repeating everyday. Having the same thing thrown at their faces throughout the same days, the same months, the same years. Every now and day, he'd eye his classmates. Not that much are actually paying attention to whatever their teacher was blabbering about. Some were snoozing secretly, some were simply spacing out to occupy themselves. Some were actually listening, but that was just for the reason to keep their academic position at place.

It would often make Jungkook laugh whenever he'd imagine if they'd actually use whatever they learned at school in real life. He'd snicker at the idea of using the Pythagorean Theorem whenever they'd do grocery shopping. He'd giggle whenever he'd imagine having a conversation with a random stranger about the chemical composition of various elements. The thought of being pulled over by a police officer just to explain the Laws of Motion for one to be "let go" made Jungkook smile stupidly. What more when he imagined a trial court and the only way to gain back one's freedom is to recite one of Shaksepere's works? 

It is all pointless. Why couldn't they be taught on how to pay taxes? Or maybe how to get a proper  job?  Or perhaps how to build a strong and steady family? Or maybe how to maintain a trusty and healthy relationship with their future partners? Why couldn't they be taught of things that would actually help them?

Jungkook looked forward to another thing in school, aside from meeting his friends. Break time. It only lasted for a few minutes, but that doesn't hinder the young teen from making the best out of it. Once the bell rings, Jungkook instantly darts out of their classroom and head towards the rooftop— the one place he and the three hang around during that time. Usually, Hoseok would arrive after Jungkook, followed by Taehyung and Jimin, who are often bickering playfully through their way towards the rooftop.

Clearly, three other guys were missing: Jin, Suga and Namjoon. Apparently, the eldest, Jin, studies in an all-boys school, similar to what his brother had been through. Namjoon is enrolled in a prestigious university since he was in middle school. Thanks to his extremely extraordinary IQ, he has been excelled one level in school, making him be in the same level Suga and Jin are despite being the same age Hoseok is. Suga, on the other side, is enrolled in a different school too— the same school his older brother had graduated with flying colors.

So, aside from the four of them, none else shared the same school. 

Jungkook loved the short break times offered to them. Whenever the four of them were gathered in the rooftop, they'd talk about almost anything they could think of. One time, Hoseok started a random conversation that talked about how his older sister has the habit of dipping her fries in ice cream. Taehyung kept the conversation going on as he shared the story on how his siblings would take in random animals home— one of them was a lost iguana and two frogs they had found at their backyard. Taehyung could still remember when their mother nearly fainted when she saw their pet reptiles laying around in their house.

As for the youngest amongs them, Jungkook would sometimes just be contented in listening to his hyungs' ridiculously hilarious stories. But of course, he wouldn't miss sharing some of his, that would crack Jimin all the time. Even if they weren't complete, Jungkook knew that the four of them still enjoyed each other's company. 

"I want to go home!" Jimin groaned as he ran around in circles to occupy himself. Just when Taehyung had stuffed a piece of bread in him was when Jimin finally settled down to consume it. "This place is boring me out! I had to fight sleep in class because of our late night gigs last night!"

"You still had fun, so it's worth it." Hoseok grinned as he stretched his arms up. "You should get some rest now since we're going to have a blast later!" 

"We always have a blast." Taehyung laughed as he nudged Jimin. "Try daydreaming! Always works on me."

"But what if the teacher calls my attention or something? I don't want to get myself embarrassed when I don't know what she's talking about!  Nor do I want to get laughed at." the shorter latter whined some more. 

Sometimes, Jungkook would think to himself as he watched the three bicker all together... "Why do I keep going to school?" It wasn't just because he wanted to meet the three— he could always meet them at night when they run around the city aimlessly.

Perhaps it's the fact that his parents had forced him to attend school? Jungkook could still remember his parents saying that once he gets high grades and graduates with success clad in him, he'd have an easy life. He'd have the best future. His parents would always remind him that if he gets retains a good reputation in school, if he continues to strive to get the best grades and graduate with flying colors, there'd be nothing else to worry in his future. That garnering those would give Jungkook that one thing he had always wanted but lacked: a dream.

Lies. Jungkook knows that they are all mere lies. All empty words that parents would tell their children.

He's going to be frank about it and he wouldn't even bother denying it: his parents aren't contented with what he has. Su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter