vi.

Concept-X
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

i t ' s  d r i v i n g  m e  c r a z y . . . 

 

 

None of them could see it. None of they saw it.

Jungkook didn't know what happened. Everything happened incredibly fast. Things came and went off in the speed of light and before any of them knew it, hot tears were falling down his eyes. His heart was beating too fast and he was running out of air. He couldn't hear anything but his sharp intakes of air, his sobs and his heart racing.

Where did they go wrong? What had happened? How did these happen?

 

 

 

The seven of them were hanging out at Jin's place that one Saturday. Despite the heavy load of school works and all, the seven still found time to hang around each other, sit down and talk about their lives— especially the three who are in college now. The ones still left in highschool were rather curious on how their everyday lives go about in the universities they were in. Often times, the three would simply describe college life as merely "tiring" and "sleep deprived", but neverthless, quite enjoyable. It's full of thrill since it's a new thing they'd soon be stepping on. One would definitely feel the sense of independency once they take a step in college since, well, there's no one they probably know— what more, there's no one to lean on to. There were no more room for "childish" behaviors there. 

For Jungkook, it was like jumping down a cliff and wishing he'd be alive afterwards. That was how college life had been told him as. It seems so terrifying, but eventually, he had to face it as well. Jin, Namjoon and Suga were capable of suriving, so why can't he? Why can't they?

Jungkook saw how Jin's place is extremely neat. As a clean-freak he was, he could say that the eldest's place is indeed spotless. The pillows on the couch were neatly arranged, the magazines on the center table weren't simply left disgustingly unattended. There weren't any dirty dishes on the sink. The furnitures and other appliances were free of dust. The entire place had a homely and relaxing vibe. The colors of his place weren't hurtful for the eyes. Enough sunlight could get inside. The place smelt of vanilla and lavander— much to everyone's liking. As expected of Jin. 

Jungkook was rather the one who suggested they dropped on Jin's place instead. Why not the other's places? The youngest always knew that aside from him, Hoseok and Jin, none were really neat when it comes to their things. Suga's too lazy to bother himself to clean his place. Namjoon's too busy writing and composing to pick up the dirty clothes and crumpled pieces of paper laying on his floor. Surely, Jimin and Taehyung never really bothered if their room was clean or not. 

Why were they even bothered to hang around with each other? Simple. As friends, they would still push through their hectic schedules just to hang around with each other.

There was just... a few small problems.

Jungkook would be too dense if he didn't notice how Taehyung was kind of different those days. It wasn't the fact that he's been growing his hair— causing him to get scolded at school for his indecent hairstyle. And it wasn't just Taehyung. Jimin, Suga and Namjoon were all acting different these days.

To start off, Taehyung had looked a bit less hyper those past few months. He's often seen dazed... somewhat deep in thought. He barely smiles anymore and gets distracted really easily. His joyous black orbs were slowly disappearing, causing the rest to get worried for the once beagle-like male. He rarely talks anymore too. He wouldn't crack up those jokes he'd often send everyone bursting out in laughter. His contagious, rectangular smile slowly vanished. His ridiculous facial expressions morphed into stoic ones. 

Jimin had long given up on Ahra. So far, he decided to no longer push through his courting-sessions with the country-girl. None of them knew why, but just that one specific day, Jimin proclaimed that he's over Ahra. Suga and Namjoon were the same. One day came and Jin told everyone that the two were over their own girls. Namjoon's and Suga's petty crushes suddenly vanished. It was weird, but then again, Jungkook knew that love worked in weird ways.

Through those past few days— or months—, Jungkook finally got an answer from Eunmi. A sweet "yes". That made him the third among their group to have a girlfriend. Everyone was rejoiced for the youngest's accomplishment and even celebrated by having dinner together, of course, with Eunmi. 

"Taehyung, what's wrong?" Jungkook heard Namjoon ask, which makes everyone's eyes fall on the silent latter. Taehyung seemed surprised when Namjoon suddenly called his name. He's been glued to his phone for hours now, somewhat staring at whatever was displayed on the screen. Jungkook didn't catch what it was as the screen suddenly turned black. "You've been acting a lot off these days. Is something bothering you?"

"No." That was a lie, Jungkook thought. His eyes were particularly locked on Taehyung's averting eyes. He always unconsciously does that whenever he lies, as far as the younger had observed. 

"Don't lie. There must be something bothering you." a worried Hoseok says as he leans back, crossing his arms. "We're like brothers, Tae. You can always open up if there's something wrong—"

"I said nothing's wrong!" 

Everyone jolted when Taehyung suddenly raised his voice. Sure, he always raises his voice, but in a playful way. This, unlike before, sounded a lot serious. There was annoyance evident in his tone. There was something hiding behind that voice of his... on how his eyes were almost hiding behind his long bangs, on how his hand slowly curled into a fist, they all knew something was going on. "Sheesh, don't shout if there's nothing wrong then." Suga clicked his tongue before he crossed his legs. "We'd be stupid if we believe those words of yours. Spit it out, Taehyung, what's up?"

And he did. Taehyung hesitated at first but eventually, he spat out everything that was running in his mind. On how Minyoung was seemingly no longer interested with her. It might be just a hunch or so, but based on how Taehyung was piling up every single evidence, the six of them began to believe. It was as if their world was no longer "them", but simply "you are you, I am me". Minyoung, according to Taehyung, was never that kind of girl. She'd solve things with Taehyung and Taehyung would solve things with her. These past times though, it was as if she's forgetting that. Taehyung showed them how there were some messages simply "seen" by Minyoung but nevertheless, ignored. If ever she did reply, it would take a lot of time and waiting. He tried talking things about her during one of their dates or whenever they had some time together, but the female would often tend to push away her emotions and thoughts and simply ignore them as well. 

He only had her, and once, she told her that she only had him. Now, things were no longer the same. Taehyung tried to reflect her actions before to see how'd she react. It was a frustrating test since Minyoung did nothing and ask if he was mad at her. Taehyung answered no as there were no times that she ever made him mad. It wasn't exactly definite if he was just being a bit too emotional or being too worry-ful.

...But it was as if Taehyung was slowly feeling that his beloved girlfriend was no longer "loving" him back. The once affectionate and caring her was slowly slipping away.

Jungkook remembered one time Jin had told them on how his and his girlfriend's relationship went on the bumpy side. Like Taehyung, they had the same situation but after some time and a lot of understanding, they had overcome it. It passed, and that's what he told the younger too. Unfortunately, it seemed like his words had no effect for the worrying Taehyung. He was choked by the thoughts swimming in his mind. What if she didn't really love him back? What if she breaks up with him soon? What if's were drowning the poor guy bit by bit and needless to say, Jungkook was already foreseeing that none of them could pull Taehyung back to how he was before.

Sure, Jungkook had seen the rets in situations similar to these. Those times when they were confused, rebellious and so on— even he had experience it— but when Taehyung experiences it, he knows that it's a serious matter.

They did everything they could. Jungkook tried to reach Minyoung, secretly getting her number when Taehyung accidentally left his phone unlocked. Minyoung didn't seem any different but whenever he brought up Taehyung as a topic, she was obviously trying to avoid it. That's when things slowly got fishy. Jimin and Hoseok tried to step in the scene too, and soon, Suga, Jin and Namjoon did too. Despite how Taehyung told them to "not mind" it, he's a friend of theirs. He's a brother for them. Jungkook and the others care for him so "not minding" it would be a terribly difficult thing to do. 

Finally, one day, one normal looking day, everything crashed. They were all dismissed from classes already and they were planning on eating some street food all together, basically since that very day, Jimin and Hoseok got the news that their dance crew made it in the competition and that they were going to participate in the final round.But that same day, Jungkook wished a lot of things didn't happen. How he wished that he didn't fail his test in Mathematics, on how he shouldn't had got hit by the basketball during P.E... and on how Taehyung lost all the color on his face when he opened the message. He wished that Taehyung didn't bother getting his phone when it rang. He wished that Taehyung didn't see the message Minyoung had sent him. Jungkook wished he never saw it.

"Let's break up." Three words. Three words were enough to send the poor Taehyung in a state of shock. It took a few more minutes when the words took more effect on the male, causing him to get dazed and not know that tears were unconsciously rolling down his cheeks. Taehyung literally lost all strength in his legs, causing him to lose balance. Thankfully, Hoseok had caught him. The once bright and cheery Taehyung... gone before their eyes. Tears stained his cheeks, his uniform and his phone, which by any chances, he was still gripping on. Jimin saw the message and showed it to Jungkook, making all the colors run down from their faces to the drain.  

It was all over for Taehyung. Was she kidding him? Was she playing jokes and games with Taehyung all these time? All those honest feelings the male had for her, and she blows it?Was he an easy man for her t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter