To Love An Assassin

To Love An Assassin

Chapter 6

I woke up irritated. It was 3:00 AM and the constant coughing was driving me nuts. I threw my covers to the side and stumbled out of my room in the direction of the noise. As my eyes adjusted, I saw Hyun Joong still laying down, his bed shook along with him as he continued to cough.

Sitting down on the side of his bed, I switched on the lamp. "Hey, are you okay?"

He didn't reply.

"Hey..." I tapped his shoulder to wake him up, but instinctively pulled my hand back. His body was burning! Finally getting a clear look at his face, I could see that Hyun Joong was drenched in sweat.

Fully awake now, I went to the bathroom and filled a large bowl with cold water and grabbed a small towel.

"Who knew you could get sick too?" I mumbled to myself as I put the cool towel over his forehead. "I guess a strong guy needs help sometimes too."

A sense of deja vu flashed through me as I noticed how attractive this man in front of me was. He was like an angel... Flawless. Suddenly I remembered how he had embarrassed me the last time I got carried away melting over him.

Snap out of it, Ha Neul! I scolded. And for a perfect excuse, I went to look for some flu medicine.

"Where is it..?" I'd been looking for quite a while but yet I couldn't find anything except for pain relievers. "He must have some cold medicine... right?" I made a mental note to buy it the next time we went to the store.

Just then I caught sight of the door to the mysterious back room. Maybe Hyun Joong is actually a really weak kid who gets sick often, so it's a room full of medication! He just didn't want me to know... I chuckled at the silly thought, then proceeded to going in. I was doing this to help him anyways... So he probably wouldn't mind.

Surprisingly the door opened. I thought it would be locked by how scarily he reacted to it that day.

At first I wasn't sure what I was looking at, but after awhile I realized. There were pictures of different people clipped up on the walls with writing on them. Some women, some men. These people all looked familiar... but why? I couldn't put my finger on it.

A picture hanging in the middle of the cluster caught my attention. It was of a young man around my age, attractive, and smiling while he was on the phone. Out of all, he looked the most familiar, like I should know him.

Suddenly a striking pain split through my head and images began flashing in front of my eyes.  I fell to my knees and clutched at my aching head. "AAAHHHH!" I screamed.

That man... the person he was talking to on the phone... was me. I knew him, but now I've completely forgotten. Who is he? And the other people... I'd seen them all before... but where?

I was laying on the floor, curled in a ball, trying to hold myself together as the pain pulled me apart. Tears flowed down uncontrollably, but it didn't make me feel any better.

The TV. Yes, all those people... I've seen them on the news... They were all rich, had a name in Korea... but what else did they have in common?

Just before everything turned black, I remembered.

They had all been murdered. It was suspected that a serial killer was behind it, but no one could prove anything.

So how was Hyun Joong involved?


Yay! After about a month of inactivity, I am back. Well, honestly I kind of gave up after being on writer's block for a bit... ><; But I checked my email and noticed that some readers were still reading so I wrote this chapter out of nowhere (took only about an hour too!) I now see what people mean when they say "fans are my inspiration" lol. I feel loved and wanted to thank those who have been supporting me, gamsamnida~! ^^

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

×ßuju×