Chapter 7

Im Certain

KPOV

     A car was honking at him to move, because traffic had finally started moving again and he was holding things up in his lane. Kyuhyun sighed… thinking back to their date only confirmed that he loved Ryeowook. He wasn’t sure if this was the right time to tell him that he loved him, but he knew he should take Kangin’s advice. If he delayed telling Ryeowook how he felt, he might make the other insecure. Before he had time to really question himself further he was parking in the lot just outside of Joie.

   Kyuhyun sighed, he could do this, now he was just hoping that he didn’t scare off his little lover, because God was he going to chase if he ran. Kyuhyun found that the doors were open and he once again embraced the warm atmosphere that the restaurant created. When he didn’t find Ryeowook anywhere in sight he decided to try the kitchen.

  

RPOV

     Ryeowook was so concentrated on putting the finishing touches on the chicken that he didn’t even hear Kyuhyun approach him. But when he felt familiar arms wrapping around his waist he immediately smiled and relaxed into the embrace. He never thought a back hug would give him butterfies in his stomach, but there he was, butterflies and all. He absolutely adored the feeling of Kyuhyun’s chest and his arms protectively encasing his petite frame. Everything just felt right.

   “Kyu!!! You’re here!”

  Kyuhyun chuckled, “Of course! Where else would I be?”

  Ryeowook pouted, “Perhaps being interviewed by the hottest magazines!” he knew it was silly to sulk, but he wanted Kyuhyun to share important news, after-all that was one of the ways he had come to realize he was in love with Kyuhyun. Ryeowook wasn’t really the type to share news that much, so the fact that he opened up to Kyuhyun so quickly and so much was a definite sign that he felt very close to Kyuhyun. But to be in love with someone and to not know where the other person stood was a little nerve wracking to say the least. Perhaps Kyuhyun felt differently or maybe he didn’t feel strongly enough for Ryeowook to actually share this news with him. That possibility broke his heart. 

 

KPOV

   Kyuhyun was puzzled, he didn’t understand why this magazine was such a big deal to Ryeowook. I mean, it was sort of awkward to brag that he was getting interviewed and he had done so many interviews that at this point it wasn’t really worth telling (or so he thought).

    “Ryeongu, don’t pout, you know I can’t win against you when you pout. I don't understand why this has you so upset love. Plus, this interview came so last minute. And you’re always so modest, that I thought that I shouldn’t really bother bragging about this…”

    And that’s when he heard it….sniffling.

Oh sh** , that’s really all he could think at that moment and that was when Kyuhyun went into panic mode

   “Love, please don’t cry, Im so sorry if I made you upset. I didn't mean to make you sad. Please don’t cry, I really can’t function when you’re crying” he said as he tried to get Ryeowook to face him so he could wipe away his tears. But Ryeowook was having none of it and keeping his hands in front of his face.

  “Y..yo.u *sniff* d.don’t get it, Im upset because tt..his was a big deal Kyu! This wasn’t som.e lit..tle article *sniff*. It was fo..rr a rea..lly prest.igious magazine hic! And even though I do..n’..t tell others, I always tell you m..my news *sniff*, even when it’s really little because I love you and I w.aant to share my news with you, happy, sad, little or big, and the fact that yy..ou don’t want to tell me you’re gg.e..tting interviewed for a hu..uge magazine must mean that you dd..on’t like me very much. Hic. Hic”

Kyuhyun was frozen, did Ryeowook just I love you? And then go on to say that “he must not like him very much” this was getting Way too ironic for Kyuhyun’s comfort.

 

RPOV

     He didn’t understand it himself. Why was he crying? But when he heard Kyuhyun say that he didn’t understand why this had him so upset, it was as if a floodgate had been released and he just broke down. He was at this point head over heels for Kyuhyun. And now here he was a heaping mess, all because the person of his affection clearly does not find him important enough to share big pieces of news. And to top it all off he just had a mental breakdown in front of him...this could not get anymore awkward for him.

   “Ryeowook, please look at me” Kyuhyun pleaded.

   Ryeowook refused and kept looking down, still sniffling.

   “Do you really love me?” Kyuhyun whispered.

  Now it was Ryeowook’s turn to mentally curse...Oh god, not only did he have a breakdown in front of Kyuhyun, but to add to it he actually confessed as well…this was bad…very bad…he had said the three words that he wasn’t going to say until he was sure Kyuhyun felt the same way. And at that moment he could only think of one escape: Chicken.