Chapter 3

Im Certain

KPOV

     Kyuhyun was biting his lip, he knew it wasn’t a good idea to ask if he could tell Kangin about Ryeowook’s job. He knew that Ryeowook was very humble about his fame and he didn’t like the attention he garnered from his job, so he usually just told people he was a chef and left it at that, unless he was pressed further about it. And despite knowing all of this he asked if he could tell Kangin! Was he stupid?! They had only been dating for a week! Of course Ryeowook would be angry at him! Kyuhyun was about to have a panic attack…when he heard his phone vibrate and immediately checked his phone.

 

From: Ryeongu

Calm down Kyukyu Im not angry. I just got distracted thinking about my own talk with my Hae-Hyuk’s bf & my sous chef. You’ve met him I assume… He figured out that there was something up with me last Wed- so don’t feel too bad that your coworkers are onto you XD

As for telling him about my job- go for it! Especially if I get to brag that my boyfriend is Seoul’s most wanted lawyer!! I saw the magazine today! I can’t believe you didn’t tell me how famous you were! :I

 

Kyuhyun let out a huge sigh of relief and then started to chuckle when he reread the text and got to work on replying.

 

To: Ryeongu

Im so happy that you aren’t angry with me, I would seriously come running to Joie right now if you were…and trust me that’s not an exaggeration…

I remember meeting Donghae, but the entire lunch consisted of those two flirting with each other -___-

Im not that famous! Id say you’re more famous than me… but I promise to tell you if I get featured in any other magazines ;)

To: Ryeongu

Oh…I see Kangin, which probably means I won’t be texting for a while...

This interrogation is going to be a long one :’( Wish me luck baby! Ill see you tonight! <3

Kyuhyun’s phone went off again quickly.

 

From: Ryeongu

Good luck Kyukyu! Can’t wait to see you tonight <3

 

     Kyuhyun smiled warmly at his phone, it was odd, it had only been a week since he started dating Ryeowook, but everything felt so natural between the two of them. This was the first time he felt so strongly for someone. It was scary, but he had never felt happier. It just made him more certain that Ryeowook was his fated partner.

     Kangin walked into Kyuhyun’s office again with a coffee in one hand and an espresso in the other, he quickly handed the espresso to Kyuhyun before sitting himself in one of the big comfy chairs in Kyuhyun’s spacious office. When he finally got himself situated he grunted, “Okay, now spill”

      “You want me to spill my espresso Kangin?” Kyuhyun teased.

      “No damnit! Tell me how you two met and how long have you two been seeing each other” Kangin demanded.

      “Aish..you’re so impatient…”

       Kangin just gave him his death glare and Kyuhyun finally figured he should start talking before Kangin beat it out of him. So for the next 45 minutes Kyuhyun talked about they had met one another at Oishi and how he was attracted to Ryeowook the minute he saw him. He talked about how Ryeowook was able to capture his thoughts perfectly and how he had never met someone who understood him on such a high emotional level. What could he say…Ryeowook had the perfect combination of intelligence, cuteness, iness, and to top it all off he was sweet.

      “Wow…it sounds like he’s perfect for you” Kangin observed.

      “I know…” Kyuhyun sighed

      “Have you seen each other since you met at Sungmin’s restaurant?”

      “Yeah, actually I saw him the day after we got together at Sungmin’s. He invited me to dinner at Joie. In fact, Im headed there again tonight.” Kyuhyun responded

      Kangin's eyes got impossibly wide,  “WAIT...JOIE?!...Possibly one of the hardest restaurant's to book a reservation? The place with the new chef? And the place that just got a Michelin star? That Joie?!”

      “Yes, yes and yes” Kyuhyun smiled.

      “How in hell’s name did your boyfriend manage to book reservations TWICE? Leeteuk and I have been trying to get a reservation for weeks, but they keep getting booked up!”

      “It helps if your boyfriend is the head chef at Joie” Kyuhyun said coolly.

    Kangin’s eyes went wide, “You’re joking me…so he’s the famous new chef that's been getting a ton of attention lately in the food world?”

      “That’s him.” Kyuhyun confirmed.

      Kangin groaned, “talk about your power couple…”

    Kyuhyun chuckled, “but he’s so modest about it! In fact, I was the one who asked him what he did for a living. And even then he didn’t say he was the chef at Joie. I had to specifically ask what restaurant he worked at. Now that I think about it, he didn’t even mention he was the executive chef when I asked him. I really love that about him, he’s so damn good, but he’s seriously one of the cutest most down to earth people you’ll meet…”

 Kangin just stared at Kyuhyun amused.

      “Why are you staring at me like that?” Kyuhyun asked irritated.

      “Dude…you’re totally in love. It’s written all over you’re face and the way you talk about him…you won’t shut up”

      “Hey! Who was it that demanded to hear all the details?" he paused before a sigh escaped his lips "….I know.”

      “You don’t seem to be very thrilled” Kangin observed.

      “Well…we’ve only been dating for a week, so how can I tell him I love him? He’s going to think im flat out crazy. The last thing I want to do is scare him away by moving too fast. I can’t have that Kangin, he’s already become so important to me, if he disappeared from me now, Im not sure what I’d do.”

  Kangin gave him a sympathetic look, “When did you figure out that you loved him?”

  Kyuhyun sighed, looking at his now empty espresso cup, “I was probably in love the moment I saw him, but I knew that I was in love when I recognized that seeing him, talking to him, even just texting him is the best part of my day. And his smile has my heart beating like there’s no tomorrow and its become addicting…I just need to make him smile as much as I can…” 

      As tough as Kangin liked to come across, he was honestly the biggest softy and Kyuhyun’s confession had him squealing and melting like a teenage girl (on the inside of course).

    Kangin got up and patted Kyuhyun on the shoulder, “You said you were seeing him tonight right? I think you should tell him. From the sounds of it, you two are made for each other”. And with that Kangin stood up and left Kyuhyun alone and went to find Leeteuk, all of a sudden he felt the need to remind his long time partner how much he was loved.

     Kyuhyun sighed and checked his watch it was 4:20 and it would take him an half an hour to get to Joie because of the traffic, so he quickly packed up his bag and headed to the parking garage to get his car. He wasn’t sure if he would have the guts to tell Ryeowook that he loved him…and pondered if he should even admit it to him tonight, especially since Ryeowook was probably worried about this dinner being perfect for Sungmin and his family.