Chapter 10

Im Certain

 

Eunhyuk POV

     Eunhyuk was and wasn’t prepared for the news that awaited him when he got to Joie. He was already grumpy because he had to deal with a new pop group who wanted him to choreograph their new routine. And while he loved his job, it was hard spending endless hours in the dance studio, coming up with complex looking but easy enough dance moves for beginners to master in a week’s time. Then teaching the moves took a whole new level of patience, thankfully he had a fun and easy going temperament and personality that left his students always wanting to improve, trying their hardest to perfect the routine he specially made for them.

    But after spending an exhausting additional 2 hours over his regular 6 hours in the studio, all he really wanted was to go home, put on some comfy sweats and cuddle next to his boyfriend, but his boyfriend had bailed on him to see his aunt and uncle (okay…maybe not bailed…but he certainly could use a hug from his Hae). He sighed, he didn’t really want to go to this dinner, but he had already promised Ryeowook that he would come (that was before he knew that the new pop group wouldn’t be as coordinated as he had originally anticipated…and they needed some help-A LOT of help). But it wouldn’t be fair to Ryeowook to cancel now, not when he knew that the man had probably slaved over dinner and he was told there were going to be some other guests, so he couldn’t be rude and cancel now at the last minute.

    Besides, if one thing was for certain, he was STARVING. God knows how many calories he burned today, but his stomach had been giving him warning signs for the past three hours it  needed food NOW and who else could fill that task better than Ryeowook. The food he made was heavenly to say the least, so this would certainly fill the void in his stomach.

   He finished parking his car in the lot and noticed two other cars. One that he recognized as Ryeowook’s and the other car had him freeze in his spot. It couldn’t be right? That wasn’t Kyuhyun’s car….no…he’s seeing things now right? But as he stepped closer to the car to read the license plate, he chuckled; it was indeed Kyuhyun’s. Fate had done its job it would seem. He took a deep breath, he had an idea of what he was stepping into now. 

   As he approached the door, he could see that both Ryeowook and Kyuhyun were waiting for him at one of the tables, both were sitting next to each other and judging by their expressions seemed a bit anxious. He smiled, this was going to be interesting. He entered the door with a smile,

   “Hyuk!! You’re here!!” Ryeowook barreled into him to give him a hug.

   He smiled, “Of course! You didn’t think I could pass up one of your dinners did you?”

   He glanced over at Kyuhyun, who was now standing with a curious expression on his face. He quickly switched gears and put on a surprised face, “Kyuhyun! How on earth did you end up here? Since when do you and Ryeowook know each another?” he said grabbing his friend for a hug.

    And while the hug looked friendly enough, Kyuhyun’s voice in his ear made him think otherwise…“Funny Hyuk, I was going to ask you the same question, after all we’ve known each other now for…what…almost 6 years…I’ve never heard you say you knew the head chef at Joie…even though we share so many similar interests. It must have slipped your mind to introduce us.”

Oh…man…he should’ve known Kyuhyun was going to grill him on why he had never introduced him to Ryeowook. This was going to be a very long evening. But before Kyuhyun could exert any more pressure on him, Ryeowook quickly interceded and pulled a quick aegyo and asked Kyuhyun to help bring the food to the table.

   He glanced at Ryeowook, and mouthed a quick thank you to him and received a sympathetic smile back. But before he could say anything to Ryeowook, the petite man had gone back to the kitchen to make sure all the food was at the proper temperature and looked perfect- with the added bonus of making sure Kyuhyun didn’t sneak any food. Soon enough both Ryeowook and Kyuhyun were back with carts of food,

    “Wait is this all for us?! This is enough to feed an army!” Ryeowook and Kyuhyun looked at each other and smiled,

   “No, Sungmin and his family are coming-you know the chef of Oishi-that family owned Japanese restaurant we like.” Kyuhyun replied, before running to get the last cart of food.

  “Wait, how do you know Sungmin Wook?”

  “Well, do you remember last Sunday when I texted you that I had a craving for sushi and asked for some suggestions, you immediately texted back Oishi, so I ended up taking your suggestion.  Anyways that was the night that had the crazy weather, the weather was so bad that all public transportation was shut down.”  

    Eunhyuk was starting to gather where this was going, “that’s right, I remember, it hailed didn’t it?”

    “Yes! It wasn't even predicted to start snowing for another month, so imagine the surprise…”

    “And Kyuhyun was at Oishi as well right?”

    “Yes, but how did you know that?”

    Oh geez…he really didn’t want to let the cat out of the bag right now...

    “Lucky guess? I mean how else would you two have met right?”

    “I guess you’re right... Anyway, I better go check and see what Kyuhyun is up to…I have a feeling he’s munching on some of the butter cookies I made for you all to take home

    “You made butter cookies!!! You know I love you right?”

    Ryeowook looked at him with amusement, “More like you love butter…”

As Ryeowook left to go scold Kyuhyun, he breathed out a sigh of relief. He didn’t want to explain the whole story to Ryeowook or Kyuhyun yet…he wasn’t sure he ever wanted to admit that he may have helped fate a little that night. He was feeling pretty glum though…neither Kyuhyun or Ryeowook had mentioned that they were dating one another and his stomach was starting to eat it’s way through China by now. He really hoped Sungmin and his family would show up soon, so he could get some food down his stomach. To take his mind off the food and to lift his spirits (because no one knew better how to brighten up his day than his boyfriend), he brought out his phone to text Donghae.

 

DPOV

He was showing his aunt and uncle around his new apartment when he felt a buzz in his pocket. Having a feeling of who it might be, he quickly excused himself outside.

 

From: Anchovy <3

I wish you were here right now… :’(

     While he normally would have cooed at his boyfriend’s neediness, he was worried, had the talk not gone over well? Was Hyuk flipping out right now? He knew his boyfriend was tired. When he had called to remind him of the dinner that night he was still rehearsing with the group. He sighed, what he wouldn’t give right now to be able to go and give him a hug this minute.

 

EPOV

He felt his phone go off immediately and he smiled, but the smile quickly morphed into an amused chuckle…his boyfriend was in worry mode:

 

From: Hae <3

What’s wrong?? Don’t tell me Kyuhyun pulled something on you? Hasn’t Wookie fed you yet? You’re tired aren’t you? Should I come after all? Did the news upset you that much?

 

 Aha! So there was some big news, he had suspected as much, and he had an even stronger inkling that this news regarded Ryeowook and Kyuhyun. And now that his boyfriend had let it slip that he knew Kyuhyun was going to be there, he decided to get a few answers.

 

DPOV

He was pacing around the lobby when his phone buzzed:

From: Anchovy <3

Calm down Hae! Don’t you dare come! Your aunt and uncle would seriously skin me alive if I kept you from them. And Nothings too wrong…but how did you know that Kyu was here?  And no he hasn’t pulled anything major, but he’s been giving me the stink eye this whole evening…he’s clearly upset that I never introduced him to Wook…

From: Anchovy <3

And dinner hasn’t begun yet…we’re waiting for Sungmin and his family to show up.

Can I ask you something?

 

Oh…crap….that’s when he realized it…they hadn’t told him yet that they were together. Oh God, this really was completely ridiculous. He knew his boyfriend could be extremely perceptive when it came to relationships, so he had a feeling he knew the next question.

 

EPOV

From: Hae <3

First Wookie and now you-You know my aunt and uncle are reasonable people…they wouldn’t bite your head off for rescheduling with them you know…  

What do you want to ask?

 

DPOV

From: Anchovy <3

Hae…you’re right…with anyone else, they wouldn’t care if they had to reschedule..but if anyone was the cause of having to reschedule their time with you…I shudder thinking about the consequences. I swear if they could have legally kidnapped you they would have long ago…

And I want you to answer me honestly: Are Kyu and Wook dating?

 

EPOV

At this point he just wanted the truth. And while he pretty much knew what his response was going to be, he wanted someone to acknowledge what was really happening. Waiting for Hae’s response was pure torture, but what seemed like a lifetime, actually took only a minute,

 

From: Hae <3

Yeah…they are. In my defense, I only got the news about 4 days ago (Wookie’s so obvious). But they haven’t been dating long, only for about a week I think, so don’t kill me for not telling you okay?

 

He chuckled, his boyfriend liked to , but he knew he was always looking out for him in. Hae probably thought he was freaking out right now. He sighed…he wasn’t sure he wanted to tell Hae his little role in Kyuhyun and Ryeowook’s “fateful” encounter. For some reason, he liked the idea that everyone would think fate brought the two of them together… even he liked believing it worked out like that.

     But truth be told the night Ryeowook asked for a restaurant recommendation, Kyuhyun had texted him earlier that week saying that he was going to Oishi on Sunday and asked him if he wanted to join. He had declined because he knew he was going to be busy in the dance studio rehearsing with a dance crew for an upcoming musical. But when he got a text from Kyuhyun double checking one last time if he wanted to join him that night, and 10 minutes later when he received a text from Ryeowook asking where to go, it just seemed like the perfect time to give a helping hand to fate. So he recommended the restaurant to Ryeowook. When he thought about it though, it still felt like the doing of fate. Ryeowook asking him where to go, Kyuhyun still going to the restaurant and then of course the weather that evening. So if he thought about it, he really didn’t have that much to do with the whole thing…

    While Eunhyuk was trying to delude himself into thinking he had no part in this, his boyfriend was panicking.

 

DPOV

Oh God! He hasn’t responded yet… he’s definitely upset… What if he’s confronting them about it right now? What if he’s hurt (emotionally of course)? At this point he was back in his apartment, cooking dinner for his aunt and uncle while they relaxed in the living room. He was about to excuse himself from his aunt and uncle saying urgent business had come up when he felt a buzz in his pocket:

 

From: Anchovy <3 

Sorry Hae, I forgot to respond to you >_<'  got caught up in my own little world for a while there… XD Don’t worry, Im not upset, I think it’s great fate finally brought the two of them together! Im just wondering when they’ll tell me themselves…

Say hi to your aunt and uncle for me! <3

     He breathed out a sigh of relief, and then furrowed his brow. He really disliked it when his boyfriend didn’t respond back to him when they were discussing something important. But at least he didn’t have to run down to Joie, although a tiny part of him really wanted to come down and be there anyway.

 

EPOV

From Hae <3:

Yah! Don’t scare me like that! I seriously thought you were flipping out right now, but I guess it was just me! -__-

Anyways, call me when your done with the dinner, my aunt and uncle will probably leave at 11:00 and Im guessing you’ll be done by then too.

  He smiled, his boyfriend was just way too sweet sometimes. After sliding his phone into the pocket of his jeans, he took a seat and waited for his friends to come out, he was starting to wonder what was taking them so long.

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note: Hi guys! I am so sorry for the wait, hectic schedule + writer’s block = OTL

But I hope everyone likes the update….I decided to put in some Eunhae XD

I think this story may only have 1 or 2 more chapters left, so try to bare with me a little longer…

But I hope to hear what you guys think of this latest chapter!