Chapter 8

Im Certain

 

KPOV

     Ryeowook immediately shot his head up at Kyuhyun’s words, panic clearly evident in his eyes. He then began frantically looking everywhere and anywhere except at Kyuhyun’s face and before Kyuhyun could even calm him down or say anything, Ryeowook had stuffed a piece of chicken in his mouth and run out the kitchen door leaving Kyuhyun dumfounded.

    As much as he wanted to savor the succulent herby flavor of the chicken, he had no time to lose, after inhaling the piece of chicken, he immediately chased after Ryeowook, but the petite man was surprisingly fast and was out the door of the restaurant in mere seconds. By the time Kyuhyun got himself out the door, Ryeowook was already out of sight. He saw Ryeowook’s car was still in the lot, so he knew he couldn’t be far, but where he would of gone was still a puzzle to him. So he decided to first check the back of the restaurant. Kyuhyun wasn’t about to give up now, he’d be damned if a piece of chicken slowed him down.

 

RPOV

     By the time he had reached the picnic table that was quietly nestled within some trees, Ryeowook was panting hard. He knew that once Kyuhyun checked behind Joie the small little pathway to the picnic table would be quite obvious and he would be there within 5 minutes. He just prayed that the piece of chicken slowed him down long enough for him to get his thoughts in order and to gather whatever was left of his frazzled nerves.

   How could there meeting have gone so wrong? He shouldn’t have brought up the interview…if he hadn’t brought it up, they would be cuddling with one another, waiting for their friends to arrive and then enjoying the huge spread that he had worked so hard to make. He ran his delicate fingers through his hair with frustration. What was he supposed to say to Kyuhyun now? Should he ask him to forget what he said, and beg him to go on as before? Should he say he was overly tired and wasn’t in a proper state of mind? Before he could even dwell on any of these questions he heard an all too familiar voice, but that voice was now sounding quite out of breath.

   “Ryeowook, you are not allowed to runaway again!” Kyuhyun wheezed out.

 

KPOV

     To his surprise, Ryeowook didn’t make any move, instead he groaned and covered his face with his hands.

     “Aish!! This is just great. Not only did I probably make a mountain out of molehill about your interview, then accidentally confess to you, but my chicken isn’t even good enough to delay you for 5 minutes.”

   And to this Kyuhyun couldn’t help but laugh, Ryeowook was just too cute when he was frustrated and flustered.

  Still amused by the chicken comment, Kyuhyun chuckled as he sat next to Ryeowook and pulled him onto his lap. Once he had his arms secured tightly around Ryeowook’s waist and was sure the other wasn’t going to make another dash for it, he started speaking:

    “First, I would just like to say that your chicken was incredible, but I didn’t exactly have time to slow down and savor the flavor when I see the person I adore run out the door. I have my priorities love and you’re at the top. But maybe I should reorder my priorities and put your chicken at the top of the list…”

  This last comment of course earned a light slap from Ryeowook, but he was now smiling too.

  “Im sorry for not telling you about the interview, I thought if I told you, it would come across as useless bragging. You're so modest with your own mountain of accomplishments, I thought that if I kept telling you about the interviews you’d think I was some self-obsessed promoter. But from now on I promise you Ill tell you about my interviews.”

   “Kyuhyun, I don’t want you to tell me about your interviews if you don’t want to tell me. I realize now that sharing news is one of my ways of categorizing how strongly my feelings are, but I shouldn’t assume that you think the same way. Im sorr…”

But Ryeowook didn’t get to finish his sentence because Kyuhyun’s lips were on his and by the time he pulled away Ryeowook had lost his train of thought (mission success for Kyuhyun).

      “Don’t be sorry, Im the one who needs to apologize. Im always thrilled when you tell me your news, I feel like Im that much closer to you. Each day Im craving to hear your voice. In fact, it’s gotten to the point where I can’t fall asleep if you haven’t called or texted me about what’s happened that day. So don’t apologize because Im the idiot who didn’t realize the importance of this sooner.”

      “But trust me when I say that this interview was really last on my priority list of things to share with you” he added.

       

RPOV

     Okay Ryeowook was officially confused now. So he wasn’t really sure why the interview was last on the priority share list, but the bigger question looming was what on earth took bigger precedence over an international magazine interview? Kyuhyun’s news sharing list was making Ryeowook’s news sharing list feel like last’s weeks kimchi. Before he could voice his question, Kyuhyun was speaking again:

     “I know you’ve already beaten me to the punch in saying this, but I love you. In fact I’ve never been more in love in my life.  This whole week I’ve been questioning when, where, and how I should tell you, but this moment seems right. Kim Ryeowook, although we’ve only known each other for a week, I love you and Im not sure when, maybe it was when I first saw you, or when you smiled at me, or when you shared your musical talent with me, or when you cooked for me, or when we talked for three and half hours on the phone and I couldn’t stop smiling, or maybe it’s not even a question of when, but perhaps the answer is that it’s you, but I know I love you, that, I am absolutely certain of.”

   Ryeowook was stunned to say the least, as he was processing Kyuhyun’s words he felt Kyuhyun kiss away the tears that had been escaping from his eyes. His vocabulary seemed to have disappeared, but his body seemed to be able to respond because he was already hugging Kyuhyun like a koala and he wasn’t about to let go anytime soon.

 

 KPOV

     Kyuhyun chuckled as he felt Ryeowook cuddle up to him. He knew Ryeowook was probably still in the midst of processing what he had just told him, so he simply tightened his embrace around the petite frame.

    He felt Ryeowook shift in his arms and finally he heard the words he had been dying to hear again,

     “Saranghaeyo Kyuhyun”.

   Kyuhyun smiled, Ryeowook had whispered the words into his ear, so he took the opportunity to turn Ryeowook towards him to kiss him. The kiss started gentle, but pretty soon Kyuhyun Ryeowook’s bottom lip seeking entrance and Ryeowook happily complied. Kyuhyun’s tongue was exploring the inside of Ryeowook’s mouth and soon he could hear small moans coming from the delectable cavern. But Kyuhyun wasn’t about to stop there, he eventually worked his way to Ryeowook’s exposed neck and left a love bite that sent a jolt down Ryeowook’s spine. He gave the bite a quick after kiss and then proceeded to kiss Ryeowook on the forehead,

    “there, proof that you’re mine”

   Kyuhyun watched in amusement as Ryeowook’s cheeks blushed that adorable pink hue that always had him eager to kiss him senseless again.

   Ryeowook started fidgeting with the bottom of his sweater, which Kyuhyun found absolutely endearing.

   “so, you’ll have to forgive me this one time for not telling you about the interview because my mind was only filled with how to tell you I love you”

   “I..I get it, I forgive you” Ryeowook mumbled.

   “Good, now let’s go back inside, it’s starting to get cold out here and I can see you're starting to shiver”