Meeting JB Part 2

The Lucky 7

As directed, you do end up finding your classroom just in time before the bell rings. It’s a science lab room so the tables are made for two. Scanning the room, there are no empty seats except for one which happens to be next to the guy who you accidently bumped into earlier. He’s sitting in a relaxed, slouched way. His legs are stretched out in front of him with his arms and shoulders positioned on his chair. His dark, menacing eyes meet yours. You gulp. You have no choice but to sit there as the teacher enters the room.

As you take a seat, you feel yourself start to sweat as your body heat rises due to nerves. After all, this guy intimidates you and makes you nervous.

The teacher introduces himself and explains what is expected of the class.

“Hello class, I am Mr. Kang and this is Chemistry I. For the rest of the year, the person sitting next to you will be your permanent partner. We will be doing plenty of chemical experiments so it will be a lot of fun. If you have any questions, we shall get started on the lecture.”

Your heart races as you slowly turn to face him. He’s staring back at you with a serious look on his face. You try to make conversation.

“Uh…hi. Again.” You break open a smile, hoping he’ll reply back to you.

He sighs as if he’s already annoyed.

“Yah. Out of all the students I’m stuck with you; the clutzy one.”

Your feelings get hurt a little so you turn away from him.

Sensing that he may have hurt your feelings he speaks in a nicer tone.

“Aye…don’t worry, I’ll take care of you here if you make spills or break glasses.”

Was that an attempt for him to be nice?

You look back at him in disbelief. You blush a little.

“My name is Jaebum but my friends will call me JB. What’s yours?” His facial expression is relaxed and calm.

“I-It’s (insert y/n).” You shyly look away.

“Well since we’re going to be working together for this year, I might as well try to get along with you.”

You just nod. Unsure of how to even respond to that.

You both pay attention and take notes during the lecture for the rest of the class period.

The bell finally rings and he’s the first one up.

“See you around.” He quickly leaves the room.

You think to yourself.

He’s a good looking handsome man with a cold personality…I wonder what made him the he is? Or maybe is this just his personality? Hm…who knows.

Your stomach growls and reminds you that it’s time to eat. You quickly gather your things and leave the class.