Chapter 8: Love in the Hopeless Place

Captured
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun stared at the body in front of him intensely. Yoona was asleep peacefully in his room after what she’d been through that day. Jonghyun had to bring her in secretly before the other staffs noticed them. Right after walking around session, Yoona looked so horrible. She looked so afraid and Jonghyun decided to bring her back to the hotel.

He remembered the previous moment when they arrived at the hotel, Yoona was so blank. Jonghyun had to lead her to the bed, giving her a glass of water to calm her down. She accepted it in trembling hands. He looked at her face carefully. She looked as if she just saw a ghost in front of her. She didn’t want to talk about anything. So, he let her sleep to make her feel better.

Jonghyun calmly looked at her. Yoona finally opened her eyes after three hours of sleeping. Jonghyun made himself closer to her. “You awake?”

Yoona blinked her eyes several times, nodding her head. He helped her to sit on the bed, supporting her back with the pillow. They remained silent for a while. Jonghyun realized it’s so awkward to ask about what happened, whereas Yoona looked so reluctant to talk about it. But Jonghyun was so damn curious.

“Feeling better?”, he started the conversation.

“Hmm”

He gazed into her melancholy eyes.

“Want to talk about it?”, he said it carefully. Yoona sighed. Seems like it’s too hard for her to talk about it. She opened , starting to tell him. He anticipated the whole story.

“I met him”

“Him?”

Jonghyun guessed the guy in his mind. The guy whom they saw in the café or the secret “freak” admirer?

She avoided his eyes, saying it with the trembling voice, “I told you, John. He’s a freak”

Ah. The secret “freak” admirer!

Her face suddenly looked gloomy again.

“I want to go home immediately. I’m afraid”

“But we still have one more day…”

“I don’t care, John. I really wanna go home”, she cut it off. Jonghyun felt guilty suddenly, noticing her action toward him.

“What he did to you?”, he dared to ask. Yoona once again took a deep breath, explaining to him clearly.

“He came to me, saying hello first. He asked me about you, but I didn’t tell anything. I just said you’re just a friend. He didn’t buy it. He threatened me; he wanted to kill you if you dare to touch me. And he showed me something”

“What?”

“Pictures of you”, she bit her lower lip. Jonghyun burst into laugh. Yoona’s face turned mad. “Do you think this is funny?”

“I don’t think like that. But, pictures of me? Is he your fan or mine? It’s ridiculous!”

“It’s not like that, John. Please. He had your photos, entering my room. He also knows my schedule here. Oh God, I don’t feel safe”, her eyes were teary and Jonghyun suddenly stopped laughing. It’s true that Yoona is an annoying and spoiled yet independent model. However, that day was different. Jonghyun felt that Yoona was so… fragile? As if she’s a 8-year-old girl who needs a protection.

“I’m sorry”, he squeezed her hand nonchalantly.

“I-I will go home tomorrow. I-I will book a flight ticket for tomorrow morning”, she stuttered, abruptly feeling nervous. She got up from the bed and took a glass on the table, trying to avoid Jonghyun’s gaze. Jonghyun knew it but he let it be. Yoona drank the water slowly. She took her phone, sending an email to someone she knew to book a ticket.

“Okay. I’ll bring you to the airport”, he sighed.

Yoona stopped drinking; her eyes looked at Jonghyun directly. “You-you’re not coming with me?”

Jonghyun then realized, “Should i?”

“Well, If-If you want to”

Yoona just sounded weird. She really wanted him to go home together. After what had happened, she believed the guy would come to her again. Jonghyun is not a dumb person, indeed. He knew exactly what she wanted, but he didn’t want to say it bluntly. He waited for her statement. But Yoona didn’t say a word. She packed her stuffs while glancing at him. Once in awhile, they ended up staring at each other. Jonghyun felt uneasy, trying to get closer.

“You want me to go home together?”, he helped her packing her favorite Celine T-shirts. Yoona stopped moving.

He wants to tease me this time? He wants to make fun of me, right? Jerk!

She knew it’d be too much for her to ask him. They never got along well but she needed him for some reasons. But, couldn’t tell it clearly. She didn’t trust him yet to make him her savior.

“I’ll go home with you”, he said it firmly. Yoona stared at him, making Jonghyun tilted his head to her. Their faces were just three inches apart. Yoona felt her heart was beating so fast, she believed Jonghyun could hear it. Meanwhile, Jonghyun was waiting for her response.

“Don’t force yourself”, she said, continuing what she did before. She tried so hard to avoid his eyes.

“Really?”

“Hmm”, she tried to convince him with her gesture.

“What if..” Her attention was captivated by his words.

“What if?”

“What if your secret admirer follows you to the airport? Even worst, has a seat next to you?”, Jonghyun smirked.

DAMN! He teases me, right?

Jonghyun sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter