Chapter 14: Negotiation

Captured
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last night was terrible. That’s the first thing came up to her mind this morning. Jonghyun told her everything; about the news articles in Korea. He warned her as if he’s trying to blame her, and she was panic and mad at the same time. They ended up arguing each other. That’s the first fight they had as a couple. After that, Jonghyun decided to sleep at his house and Yoona regretted it so much. She wanted him to be with her even though they fought before. She wanted to spend Christmas Eve with him at Madison Square or just stay at home together. But, he looked so angry last night and she’s too mad to make up the situation.

She sighed as she forced her body to reach a glass of water. Wearing his white t-shirt and super short pants she grabbed a box of cereal and poured the milk soullessly to the bowl. Tonight would be the Christmas Eve and her family already asked her to come home, her family’s condo. He wanted to bring Jonghyun but their situation was not so perfect. She ate the first spoon slowly, trying so hard to think the way convincing Jonghyun to come. He’s such a stubborn and it’s so hard to please him when he’s mad.

She tried to eat her cereals once again when suddenly someone came up hugging her waist and kissing her cheek. Yoona was so surprised as she almost flipped the spoon from her hand. She looked at the person and it’s actually her damn y boyfriend.

“Just because we had a fight last night didn’t mean I can’t come here to kiss you”, he whispered, leaving Yoona in awe. She couldn’t believe it. Last night was like a war and then he came up to her house and tried to seduce her with his sleeveless cloth and boxer. What a strange person! She thought.

“You don’t want to make me one?”, he tried to make up the situation as he sat on the dining table. Yoona was automatically being obedient and prepared another bowl for him. Not long after that she brought him a bowl of cereal as she sat beside him. Jonghyun ate it as Yoona watched him eating. Jonghyun stared at her, demanding her to say something. “John”, Yoona finally said something. Instead of answering her, he pecked her lips lightly.

“Tonight I’ll go home. I have to”, she brought the topic back. Jonghyun sighed. “You want me to come, right?”

Yoona nodded her head quickly. “You know paparazzi will follow you there, and they find out about me being there, what do you think?”

Yoona remained silent once again. “Are you okay with that?”, he asked once again while his mouth was munching his cereal. Yoona blinked her eyes, “Well I don’t think they will do something like that. My condo is well-managed. The security staffs will keep our privacy. Besides, I don’t ing care about them spreading the news”, Yoona cursed and it’s something rare to see. Jonghyun knew that she started to get annoyed.

“Dear, me too. But are you sure? You might lose some contracts after the news revealed”

“Sure. You know John what makes me scared the most is not the media or losing my popularity. It’s you. Our relationship. What will my parents think about you?”

Jonghyun suddenly stopped eating. One thing he just realized that she and him had different fear. For Jonghyun, it’s all about her career and popularity. Meanwhile, Yoona knew how hard to convince her parents, knowing their only daughter has fallen in love with a guy whom they didn’t know. She believed it would be so hard to explain the reason why they’re together.

“Is that all?”, Jonghyun’s voice broke the silence. Yoona gave him a confused look. He suddenly kissed her forehead.

“All?”, she folded her hands, looking disbelief. “Lee Jonghyun, I talk about what will happen to us after Christmas”. There was a pressure on her tone and he realized that Yoona being annoyed. He put the bowls on the sink, and stared at her.

“I know. But we don’t have to worry about your parents, okay? Babe, we can handle this. We have to try so we can get the answer”, he said clearly, “and I don’t wanna give up on us”. Jonghyun could see her worry decreased, but still there was a fear in her eyes. Jonghyun approached her and embraced her. “Look. I know it’s gonna be hard but we should try. If we continue like this, we’ll have a big fight just like last night”.

“If you don’t mind about the popularity decreasing, so it’s okay with me”, he continued. Yoona sighed. Jonghyun kissed her cheek sneakily, she pouted her lips. “Are you seducing me?”, he looked at her from head-to-toe.

“What? I didn’t do anything”

“Is that my t-shirt you’re wearing?”, he pointed out the thin and big white t-shirt she wore. Yoona checked herself and smiled shyly, “You left this on the bed yesterday”. He look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter