Chapter 22: Surprise

Captured
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, he just canceled it yesterday? Okay, I’ll check it right away”

Jonghyun involved in a serious conversation with someone when Yoona was finishing her bath. After his proposal, Jonghyun always went home nearly midnight. Every time he dragged his feet into home, he found Yoona’s sleeping on the bed. But that night was different, he came home earlier but his face was so tired. He walked into the living room and laid down his body on the sofa. His fingers quickly untied his tie. He sighed so deeply, making Yoona came near him.

“Hey, you’re back early. Have you eaten yet?”, she asked him while caressing his cheek. She was still wearing her bathrobe. Jonghyun looked at her and shook his head weakly. Yoona then asked him to eat, but he felt like doesn’t want to grab some food. He’s been stressed out for a few weeks. Many of his clients suddenly canceled their projects and the stakeholders were difficult to reach. Jonghyun couldn’t tell Yoona, yet. First, he didn’t want her to be stressed. Second, she probably didn’t understand exactly the problem. So, after that he just listened to her nagging about having a glass of milk if he doesn’t want to eat. He finished his milk and then took a shower.

He found Yoona was lying on the bed while her eyes were half-closed. He then covered her with the blanket and gave her a kiss on her forehead. “Sleep, sweetheart.”

Yoona slowly closed her eyes and Jonghyun moved his body onto his office table nearby. He actually couldn’t sleep because of his work, although he already changed his clothes into boxer and white t-shirt. He opened his Macbook and tried to read some diagram. Not long after that, his phone vibrated. Someone’s calling from far away.

“Jonghyun’s speaking”, he answered, though a bit curious with the unknown number.

“Dude, it’s me”

Jonghyun knew the voice, he recognized someone who had that voice. “Nam Yoo Sang? What’s the matter?”

“Director Han asked me to meet you personally”, he said in strange sound.

“You’re in Sydney?”, he widened his eyes.

He sighed, “Well yeah. I just landed an hour ago.” Jonghyun’s eyes searched for a clock. 11:12 PM.

“So, what’s important?”

He then heard his friend talked about his arrival. His face turned pale. That was the first time Jonghyun feels like a useless person. He realized that his job is not easy, knowing that he’d done that before, but he felt that this time the job is more difficult and unattainable. Jonghyun listened to his friend words about he will try to solve the problem. That’s why the arguments flew naturally. Once in a while he raised his tone, feeling uneasy.

“Sorry, I don’t intend to judge you, dude. I’m just telling you the Director’s point of view”, Yoo Sang said softly on the phone. Jonghyun sighed, trying to calm down himself.

“I’m sorry, too. It just I’ve been stressed out lately”, he rubbed his nape, “So, we’ll talk about it later?”

“Well, tomorrow evening will do”, his friend said. Then the conversation ended. Jonghyun let out a deep high. He then tried to continue his work but simply couldn’t concentrate at all. His friend’s arrival made him more nervous. He knew he didn’t come as a friend, but a messenger. Jonghyun then moved his body and took out something from the cabinet. It’s actually his mirror less camera. Instead of buying the pro one, he bought the new one. He left his pro camera in Seoul.

He brought it into his desk. He realized it’s been a while since he decided to leave his photographer life. He the camera and looked at the pictures in it. Mostly view of Sydney and Melbourne and several candid photos of Yoona. He smiled a bit looking at those pictures. She looks adorable and beautiful in those photos. He suddenly felt warmth embracing him.

“Why don’t you sleep?”

Jonghyun tilted his head and found Yoona hugged him from behind.

“I should ask the same question”, he smirked and put the camera on the table. Yoona got closer to the table, looking at the camera. Jonghyun’s eyes gazed her. Yoona took it and looked at the content. She smiled, “You really are a sly stalker”. She put it down. Jonghyun circled his arms on her waist and kissed her. “You look so exhausted”, Yoona cupped his face. Jonghyun was suddenly being spoiled, kissing and snuggling on to her baby bump. Yoona his hair, “Something happened?”

Jonghyun just sighed. “If you don’t want to talk about that, you have to sleep”, she said.

“It’s not that I don’t want to talk about it. It’s just you might not understand what I will tell you”

“Explain to me then”, Yoona suddenly sat on his lap. She heard his complain about her weight, making her chuckled. Jonghyun then told her about his job. Yoona listened to every single word he said. Once in a while she nodded her head, signaling she understood. Deep down, she felt guilty because she made the situation even harder for him.

Jonghyun ended his story with a sigh. Yoona his hair softly. “I’m sorry for making this harder”, she said in teary eyes. Jonghyun grabbed her hand and kissed it, also her small baby bump. “Aniya. You are my remedy”

Yoona smiled, “let’s sleep”. Both moved on to the bed. Jonghyun carefully covered her with blanket, hugging her inside. “I change you into a cocoon”, he , making her giggled. He then kissed her.

“Ah! I forgot something”

“Wae?”

“Do you remember a young woman I told you before? When we were in the restaurant”, Jonghyun nodded, kept embracing her.

“She’s actually a yoga instructor for pregnant women. She’s my yoga instructor”, she giggled, realizing her mistake. Jonghyun smirked, narrowing his eyes. His hand slipped down under the blanket and tickled her. Yoona laughed whole-heartedly. “Yaaa!”, she giggled.

“You’re the one who claimed her as a suspicious person. Serve you right!”, he kissed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter