Chapter 6: Disturbance

Captured
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona sat on the bed, looking so surprised, in front of her was a banquet of red roses on the floor and she didn’t know where it came from. Jonghyun stood beside her, couldn’t believe that he had to be in her room just to see her bragging the roses.

“You screamed for that?”, he said, being cynical. Meanwhile, Yoona’s eyes still locked on the roses. She’s actually a bit afraid.  One of her hand held a letter. Jonghyun stared at the letter and grabbed it. The letter was the same.

“So you have a secret admirer now?”, he smirked. Yoona didn’t respond. Her mind was thinking on something. How did this person know that I’m in LA? She thought. “You want to brag me about this. Great! I shouldn’t have come here”, Jonghyun whined. Yoona was blank. She definitely saw someone with all black suit in front of the door and brought her the banquet. It’s normal actually but who the hell he is? How did he know that Yoona is on that room?

Jonghyun waved his hand on her face. Yoona got her sense back, sitting on the bed. “You’re ok I guess, I’m going to my room”, Jonghyun turned his body around, feeling so annoyed.

Yoona suddenly grabbed his t-shirt without looking at his face. Jonghyun tilted his head, without turning his head to her. “What?” The situation felt so strange; silent and awkward. Jonghyun felt her hand a bit shaken; he then turned his body around.

“It’s strange, isn’t it?”, she said, slowly lifting up her head to see him. Jonghyun gulped. He saw her almost crying. “Strange?”

“I’m-“, she stuttered, “I’m afraid”. Jonghyun kneeled down. He actually a bit confused. She got a banquet of flower and she’s afraid? Isn’t it something to celebrate? He thought. Yoona pulled her hand, looking so perplexed. She really wanted to tell something but she hesitated.

“What? You scared of what?”

Yoona bit her lower lip, “What if?”

Jonghyun wrinkled his forehead. He knew Yoona was trying to tell him something but doubt it.

“Could it be a psycho? Or a mad fan?”, she finally told him, “Y-you know I-I , No one knows I’m here except the team from ELLE”

Jonghyun really wanted to laugh because he thought Yoona probably absorbed with her character in Korean drama. However, Yoona looked anxious. Sometimes her eyes were not focus, avoiding eye contact. Once in awhile, she embraced her body like freezing.

“It’s not the first time, right?”

Her attention was grabbed by him. Yoona nodded her head.

“Since when?”

“O-our last meeting I guess”, she said it whisperly. Jonghyun thought hard. If it’s since then, She’d been keeping this alone.

“What did he do to you?”, he asked her firmly.

“He kept sending me flowers and a letter to my condo”, she explained, trying to calm herself down actually.

“Sounds normal”, he mumbled.

“But, after he gave me that banquet he sent me a message via text. Saying “Have fun in LA”

Jonghyun could see fear in her eyes. He took her phone and checked on the text. It’s true. The secret admirer sent her a message. It’s just simple word but a bit “creepy”. The problem is he knew her number and room, also where they stayed. Yoona felt simply insecure.

“Well, maybe he or she won’t hurt you. He/she just wanted to give you flowers”, Jonghyun tried to be cool so that Yoona couldn’t be panic. Yoona remained silent. Jonghyun put her phone on the table, staring at her. “I guess you need a rest, I’ll go to my room”

Suddenly she took hold of his t-shirt, Jonghyun stopped his move. “What?”

“Stay”, she said with her miserable face, making Jonghyun sigh even harder. He wanted to refuse her but for some reasons he pitied her. He stared at her once more, thinking whether he has to stay or not. He knew she is annoying but as a woman she’s fragile sometimes, and he couldn’t say no.

He sighed, “I’ll stay until you sleep”. Yoona smiled wryly. She actually felt a bit relieved. She admitted it that Jonghyun is an annoying guy. Sometimes, he made her upset. However, strangely Yoona felt so safe around him. As if she could rely on him. This secret admirer truly made her surprised.  

“Are you want to sleep with your bathrobe?”, Jonghyun , making her realize that she hadn’t changed her clothes yet. Yoona then stood up and panicked. Well, to be honest, she didn’t wear any. “Should I change your clothes too?”, he again. Yoona gave him a glare, making him chuckled. She then grabbed some clothes and went to the bathroom. Not long after that, she went to her bed wearing sweater and shorts. She placed herself on the bed, pulling the blanket and ready to sleep. Jonghyun then sat on the couch beside her, watching her to sleep.

“Should I turn off the light?”, he asked her. Yoona shook her head softly, signaling that she’s ok sleeping with the light on. She continued closing her eyes while Jonghyun sat on the couch nearby, watching her going to dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter